Sponsored by:

Is FAY still on constraint?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 01:08 PM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Received 998 Likes on 576 Posts

Default Is FAY still on constraint?

Does anyone know if FAY is still on constraint for the third consensus and if so, how many are they going to let through this time?
Old 07-18-2013, 01:59 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by msm859
Does anyone know if FAY is still on constraint for the third consensus and if so, how many are they going to let through this time?
FAY is still on constraint.

Forum member GM'er posted yesterday that it was currently listed as a "less than 4 weeks" constraint. The last list I saw regarding the constraint on the forum was that there were five available.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Davidl81
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GM was to update the constraint list today. I wonder if it is still on there. My order is being held up right now based on this.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:01 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,017 Likes on 365 Posts

Not trying to be a jerk, but how do you know your order is being held up? Have you received official notice of your build week? As far as I heard, no cars have been assigned a build week, so how can it be held up?

I am #3 at a large dealer, my order has FAY and it is included in the 1st Concensus so there is no constraint on it. I still don't have a build week and the dealer has not received any info on when its going to be built.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Matt26
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RussM05
Not trying to be a jerk, but how do you know your order is being held up? Have you received official notice of your build week? As far as I heard, no cars have been assigned a build week, so how can it be held up?

I am #3 at a large dealer, my order has FAY and it is included in the 1st Concensus so there is no constraint on it. I still don't have a build week and the dealer has not received any info on when its going to be built.
Cars already in the 3000 or 3300 status will not be affected by this constraint such as yours.

The constraint will stop a car from being picked up as a valid order if they have FAY on it.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:42 PM
markei
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

I spoke with my dealer this morning...they were allotted only one FAY this consensus and it went to whoever is just in front of me. Patiently on the next consensus to be either the next in line or for the constraint to be removed.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Davidl81
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RussM05

It's being held up since my dealer has allocation from the 2nd consensus for my car, but he has not finialized the order with GM yet due to the FAY constraint. He was hoping to know today if they released more of the FAY options. If GM did not then I need to quicklly decide if I want to put my order in now without the FAY, or wait an extra month or so and see if FAY becomes avaiable. Any one with an order status of 3000 or above with FAY is fine since those units are "set aside" for them already.

Get notified of new replies

To Is FAY still on constraint?

Quick Reply: Is FAY still on constraint?