C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone starting to 'cool off' on the C7 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 06:26 PM
1analguy
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Red1990VT
It's hard to cool off to something you never warmed up to in the first place...

Originally Posted by CCDawg69
...For those who keep bringing up the Camaro similarities, get over it...
But see, I don't have to get over it...the car will have to be at least 90% as good as GM's extravagant claims, and it will have to get over looking Japanese before I'll consider buying one. The passenger-hostile, leather-wrapped C4 interior fails to impress as well...

Originally Posted by Philr56
...If the design fails you that much, simple don't buy one...
See above. That's exactly where I'm at.

Originally Posted by paracord
You can evolve as a brand but still maintain what makes the brand recognizable.

The Rolex Submariner came out the same year as the Corvette and it still maintains a TON of design cues from the original.

I realize cars change more than watches.....but you have the iconic things that Corvettes have that MAKE them Corvettes. The cross flags, the fiber body, the front-hinged hood, V8, round tails, etc.

You can put the cross flags on a Cobalt. But that doesn't make it a Corvette. People have an expectation of a car that isn't a totally clean slate. It has characteristics that make it iconic.

The new Vette just departs from too many of those things ESPECIALLY the rear end. It just looks like nothing that has ever been there before. Incredibly busy and japanese/ninja-looking.

That's all we're saying.
Well written...
Old 07-16-2013, 07:46 PM
post-it
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
I have to say it, I'm beginning to feel less excitement; thinking I already have a fantastic vette, what's the hurry? I can either rush right in, or wait for a nice used one in the not too distant future. The lack of a configurator isn't helping either.....starting to vacillate a little...what say you?
Cool off, are you kidding me? I have been in love with this car since I saw it on Barrett Jackson in January. I immediately placed a deposit with a local dealer and today they called me with my order number and a TPW of
Mid August. I am totally fired up and can't wait to get the phone call that it has arrived. Have not been this excited about a car since I bought my "67" in 1967. This is the first GM product I will have purchased my "76" Vette in 1976.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I can't wait to see one in person. Carlisle, YES!!! Still some time until I get to drive and decide on options. Unfortunately probably next summer, dealers will not have a demo until then. I like the look of the tail lights and rear end detail, when thinking C7 that is the first thing that comes to mind. I want one. Yes the wait does diminish the excitement, that is normally to be expected.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Turbobndt
Instructor

I still feel like this guy everytime I see a picture of one...

Old 07-16-2013, 09:00 PM
bobterryfic
Heel & Toe

For me, after seeing the cars in the flesh (NCM 60th Anniversery), getting in and out of several coupes, feeling the Napa leather interiors, I am all in. My dissapointment is that my first color choice was not in attendence, CR. I have been waiting on the next generation to order NCM delivery, so I should be picking it up in early '14, giving the factory time to work out the start up glitches.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd just have to say to the OP that I am tons MORE 'cooled-off' on the C6.
I never got 'hot' about the C5...never.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

It's okay if the excitement is flagging a bit. But I bet the first magazine tests will get a rise out of you. And when you see one on the street it'll get your attention.

Remember, if you have an erection lasting more than four hours, seek immediate medical attention.

Originally Posted by Davidl81
I have a C7 on order, but the wife has been pressing me hard to look at a four seat car (we have a 6 month old baby and she wants something we can all ride in, hard to argue about that).
That's what her car is for. Seriously, think about how many miles you put on a car by yourself (or out on a date) versus how many miles you're in family-transport mode. Consider the rare vehicular swap/juggle the small price for being someone who owns and drives a legitimate sports car.

But if you need something with back seats, GM makes that; it's called the Cadillac CTS-V.

.Jinx
it's even available as a wagon

Last edited by Jinx; 07-16-2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: because 556hp manual-transmission wagon
Old 07-16-2013, 09:41 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx
It's okay if the excitement is flagging a bit. But I bet the first magazine tests will get a rise out of you. And when you see one on the street it'll get your attention.

Remember, if you have an erection lasting more than four hours, seek immediate medical attention.

That's what her car is for. Seriously, think about how many miles you put on a car by yourself (or out on a date) versus how many miles you're in family-transport mode. Consider the rare vehicular swap/juggle the small price for being someone who owns and drives a legitimate sports car.

But if you need something with back seats, GM makes that; it's called the Cadillac CTS-V.

.Jinx
it's even available as a wagon
When are we seeing a pic of yours?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by stevelischynsky
Just wait till the new Transformer movie is released. Every kid will want a lime green C7.
And then, they will even get a free surprise free tour of the GM plant by some "Poser" Transformers Mr."Movie Guy" with all his supposed connections (see a thread from a few days ago to fully understand his idiocy)...who in actuality, hasn't cleared it with anyone but in his own glorified egomaniac mind.

Last edited by BPhillyc8; 07-16-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:45 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Not to be misinterpreted, what I was trying to describe was the feeling I got cruising down the E-way with the headers and corsas playing great music to my ears, and the coilovers delivering that smooth ride. I began to think I'm not in any hurry for the C7...I can take my time and do it right...my plan is to tour the factory in November on the way back from vacation. I think that is the best way to see the many combinations of body colors, interiors, etc. The experience will pump up my attitude and prompt me to place an order then for a spring delivery, or maybe just wait a little longer for the Auto Show and see what transpires with a new model. In the meantime I can still enjoy the Corvette experience until winter. It's not like the C7 is my first Vette is what I was trying to point out.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
When are we seeing a pic of yours?
It's in the Garage.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:23 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nope. Every time I get in my Toyota I get more excited for the C7.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by evilmonkey View Post

He's just working through the 12 stages of new model ordering:
1) OMG, I can't wait to see the new vette, will it be better?
2) WOW, look at that vette, I can't wait to own one
3) Yes, I got my order in - first in line!
4) OMG yes, my order is accepted, her comes my baby!
5) Hmm, why am I stuck at 3000? anyone else moving?
6) OMG, are they ever gonna start building these things???
7) I hate GM, they just don't care about me!
8) I hate the new vette - I can't take any more of this rejection! (current stage of OP)
9) Wait a minute, my TPW!
10) Built/shipped! YES!
11) Arrived! I LOVE IT!
12) My new C7 is making a squeaking noise somewhere above my head, anyone else notice that?

Save this post for the C8 so you will not have to retype it. The C8, how cool with those triangle tail lights.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:50 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

For me, quite the contrary. I now am on the verge of getting mine, the excitement for me is building.

I miss my C6, hate not having a Corvette during the driving season but I am completely excited about moving on to the Stingray and can't wait for my day to come.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:18 AM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----

Originally Posted by talon90
For me, quite the contrary. I now am on the verge of getting mine, the excitement for me is building.

I miss my C6, hate not having a Corvette during the driving season but I am completely excited about moving on to the Stingray and can't wait for my day to come.
Good for you! I can't imagine life without a Vette I may even keep my current ride I like it so much...I have a lift for storing one above, and may just do that...tough decision
Old 07-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
I have to say it, I'm beginning to feel less excitement; thinking I already have a fantastic vette, what's the hurry? I can either rush right in, or wait for a nice used one in the not too distant future. The lack of a configurator isn't helping either.....starting to vacillate a little...what say you?
No. Its just you.

As much as I love my C6, I love the upgrades on the C7 even more. As soon as I get the financial opportunity to upgrade. I'm doing exactly that. I'm probably more excited about all of tech upgrades, than I am the performance in the C7. Because the tech is something I will get to use every day, while I cannot even use the full potential of my LS2 C6 on public streets. The digital dash, 8" touchscreen, color HUD.

Cant wait to drive K.I.T.T.. even if its just to Costco

These pictures REALLY make the interior of the C6 look old & outdated.

Last edited by Daekwan06; 07-17-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

I want to purchase one but will be forced to wait (financial) but its a good way to allow the kinks to be worked out in a earlier year release models.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone starting to 'cool off' on the C7 yet?

Old 07-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

First year car, stay away? MSRP or even an adder? Camaro deal?

I guess it all depends on your view of life does it not???

If you are fortunate that you can gurantee tomorrow, guarantee your health then I would say wait. If you need to save money or have other obligations wait.

But please don't wait too long!!!!!

For me I love my C6 and loved my C5 20 times more. Went to the 60th looked at the C7 and was mildly impressed. I told the wife I think it is time to look at a Porsche on new Jag. I did and their sticker. For the price difference, I can buy 2 C7s......I ordered my C7 yesterday.

Life is too short. If it does not make my day I can trade it off.

Each to their own.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:58 AM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

[QUOTE=Daekwan06;1584429203]No. Its just you.

As much as I love my C6, I love the upgrades on the C7 even more. As soon as I get the financial opportunity to upgrade. I'm doing exactly that. I'm probably more excited about all of tech upgrades, than I am the performance in the C7. Because the tech is something I will get to use every day, while I cannot even use the full potential of my LS2 C6 on public streets. The digital dash, 8" touchscreen, color HUD.

Cant wait to drive K.I.T.T.. even if its just to Costco

These pictures REALLY make the interior of the C6 look old & outdated.

Yes, I'm with you on that...I love all the tech stuff and the plush interior upgrades. The problem now is it's not on my mind so much any more due to the dragged out suspenseful process...I dislike the process very much...I wish I could just go to the dealer and pick one out and be on my way. Like I said, when I'm driving my current ride, I am quite content. I wish GM had postponed the reveal til spring.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:02 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, this is a very long gap without information again... Perhaps they could tell us what the Z51 adds to car (as far as weight). LOL I don't even care myself, but it would at least be something to give us.

Quick Reply: Anyone starting to 'cool off' on the C7 yet?