If a dealer had NO allotment

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 10:08 PM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Vuron00
Perhaps you can clear something up for me. When I started the process of ordering the Vette, I assumed that allocation worked as it had with the Camaro (a dealer with 3 allocations was getting 3 per/MONTH).

My local dealer has 3 allocations for the Vette and I had originally assumed that these 3 would be built in the first month, so I was OK going on the list at #4. Are you saying that these initial 3 allocations will have build dates spreading over the first 6-9 months and THEN I would have to wait until my dealership received another allocation before mine was scheduled? So, since my dealership has 3 allocations and I'm order #4, that I might not get my car for almost a year?
We want to make sure not to get lost in the terminology, Each dealer was given an initial production estimate that covered the first 6-9 months of production (also sometimes referred to as initial allocation, which is where the confusion comes in). Twice a month during the consensus cycles, they are given the actual allocation of cars to fill orders and be scheduled into production.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:39 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GM'er
We want to make sure not to get lost in the terminology, Each dealer was given an initial production estimate that covered the first 6-9 months of production (also sometimes referred to as initial allocation, which is where the confusion comes in). Twice a month during the consensus cycles, they are given the actual allocation of cars to fill orders and be scheduled into production.

GM'er - get the terminology cleaned up around that place, would you please . . . . .
Old 07-18-2013, 11:26 PM
dcbingaman
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by GM'er
Ok, GM'er I get this part. When the factory "ques" the car for production, the order gets a code of 3000, and production control starts to pull the PBOM together. Assembly starts when the PBOM is complete AND a slot on the line is available. The car pops out the other end about 4 shifts later. During normal production, the 3000 code is applied to an order about 6-8 weeks prior to delivery to the end customer.

Since we are in Startup, (not normal production), will anyone hazard a guess on when a second consensus order which received a 3000 code today will be fulfilled ? I'm guessing the earliest date is mid-Sept., and it could be as late as the end of October, presuming they resolving a longer than "typical" production line glitch (current rumor...)
Old 07-19-2013, 07:44 AM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by dcbingaman
Ok, GM'er I get this part. When the factory "ques" the car for production, the order gets a code of 3000, and production control starts to pull the PBOM together. Assembly starts when the PBOM is complete AND a slot on the line is available. The car pops out the other end about 4 shifts later. During normal production, the 3000 code is applied to an order about 6-8 weeks prior to delivery to the end customer.

Since we are in Startup, (not normal production), will anyone hazard a guess on when a second consensus order which received a 3000 code today will be fulfilled ? I'm guessing the earliest date is mid-Sept., and it could be as late as the end of October, presuming they resolving a longer than "typical" production line glitch (current rumor...)
Latest info I saw was July consensus was supposed to be no later than September production. (Subject to change)

Quick Reply: If a dealer had NO allotment