Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hennessey Twin Turbo 1000 HP C7

You supply the car and 70 large

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...vette-stingray
Old 07-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

For a lot less dough and much more warranty friendly they have displacement blowers systems making up to 700 HP

With a 3 year warranty these sound more reasonable IMO

"If turbocharging isn't your thing, there are two supercharged options. The HPE600 and HPE700. Priced from $12,495 and $18,450 respectively, these packages both feature a TVS2300 supercharger system along with an HPE air induction system.

While the supercharged packages come with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty........ "
Old 07-15-2013, 07:49 PM
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of our packages keep the factory warranty intact as well!

Obviously on some of them we replace all of GM's components, if its something you're really interested in feel free to call and ask us.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:51 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by MikePeters@Hennessey

Obviously on some of them we replace all of GM's components, if its something you're really interested in feel free to call and ask us.

I would like to understand that better. How can one keep a factory warranty on a car with 700 or whatever horsepower? Do you have a deal with GM to confirm that?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 PM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

are these prices with installation?
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

After 22 years of setting many world records, and thousands of cars built we've got some great relations with all of the big three OEM's.

You can buy our cars brand new off many showrooms, and we offer an industry exclusive warranty on all of our parts, AND anything that we cause to fail. We strive to set ourselves apart and offer the most reliable products on the market, and the OEM's have taken notice.

All prices posted on the PR announcements today include installation. We are not in the mail-order business and we will not be offering these packages mail order. Your local GM dealers will be able to install them (more than likely) 6-8 months after production C7's start to roll out, or we can build them in our Texas or SoCal location.
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Are you getting a SEMA development car Hennessey? Did you get it already?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:01 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Hi Mike

Thanks for weighing in

Who do your customers look to when a transmission or other driveline parts shred from the additional power associated with aftermarket FI builds?

Will the factory still stand behind the transmission and other driveline components after the HP and torque is increased, or do you guys warranty the driveline components of these cars through a "Hennessey warranty" if you built the car?

Doug
Old 07-15-2013, 08:04 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Yeah, but!?

This car doesn't need to be as strong as the ZR1 so I wonder if having to beef up the rear end is being figured in? How well would that eDIF handle it?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by lt4obsesses
Answer stated in previous post. I would guess that the folks at Hennessy will know the limitations of factory parts and upgrade as neccessary depending on the application, and include as part of the installation process? I.E. the factory transmission will not handle the x amount of power and torque so we will need to rebuild it to specification?
Mike types faster than I do (his post was not up when I started mine). Still, I have yet to see any aftermarket tuner stand behind the damage resulting when either their work fails or overpowers other original components.

EDIT: How did the post I quoted disappear ??????????????????

Last edited by Shurshot; 07-15-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Very interesting, Mr. Mike.

Will you do verts?

Are these packages only available with a new car? If not, any age or miles limit?

The descriptions on your page give warranty length as 36/3 or 12/1. Does that apply only to your components, leaving the factory 36/3 and 100/5 warranties intact?

Is the 6-8 month availability for both the Hennessey shop and local dealers, or can the big house start right away?
Old 07-16-2013, 12:22 AM
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RC000E
Are you getting a SEMA development car Hennessey? Did you get it already?

I love SEMA, and I've had the opportunity to go many times. SEMA is for people selling parts though, and that is simply not something that we really try to pursue, we just enjoy building turn-key cars.

Originally Posted by Shurshot
Hi Mike

Thanks for weighing in

Who do your customers look to when a transmission or other driveline parts shred from the additional power associated with aftermarket FI builds?

Will the factory still stand behind the transmission and other driveline components after the HP and torque is increased, or do you guys warranty the driveline components of these cars through a "Hennessey warranty" if you built the car?

Doug

No way the factory trans would hold that power, or the clutch. Which is why we require those parts to be upgraded with our packages that are outside the tolerable levels for those components. Trust me, anyone who calls us and gets the ball rolling on one of these big builds has much much much more than the basic components listed on our information cards. Anything we change we warranty. It negates the point of having a headache-free car with a warranty if we leave a weak link in there, and it would ruin our relationships with the OEM's in two seconds flat if we were making them replace things by bumping up the power and expecting them to work with us.

Originally Posted by Shurshot
Mike types faster than I do (his post was not up when I started mine). Still, I have yet to see any aftermarket tuner stand behind the damage resulting when either their work fails or overpowers other original components.

EDIT: How did the post I quoted disappear ??????????????????

This may sound arrogant, but just being 100% honest. We don't really keep up with 90% of what other shops are doing. We take note of the people running against us directly at competitions, and the track, but I really don't have any current working knowledge of what other shops do to take care of issues other than third hand internet observation with he said she said stories.

We give you a written signed binding legal document when you pick up your car with our warranty packages.

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
Very interesting, Mr. Mike.

Will you do verts?

Are these packages only available with a new car? If not, any age or miles limit?

The descriptions on your page give warranty length as 36/3 or 12/1. Does that apply only to your components, leaving the factory 36/3 and 100/5 warranties intact?

Is the 6-8 month availability for both the Hennessey shop and local dealers, or can the big house start right away?

We will do convertibles, targas, whatever. We like cars. We've even worked with companies and have done custom convertible Challengers, and manufactured Raptor SUV's.

Our turnaround is all over the place. Depending on the package, how backlogged we are (we're always a month, to a month and a half out), and what package it is normally we quote people 2-3 weeks to 6-8 months depending on what's going on. The Stingrays initially we are quoting 90 day builds since they're new and we want to log data and make sure it is perfect. Our business model doesn't last another 22 years if we let the cars leave anything less than perfect, and having two dynos, two full time tuners and a test track really helps us get there, but that does take time. Again we don't try to compete with everyone who is attempting to slap blowers on cars with a can tune with same day turnaround, that's not what we do.

Once we've built plenty of these they'll become like the C6's, which once they drive onto a lift they normally are back in the owners hands in about 2-3 weeks.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:39 AM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Whether it is the Hennessey 600, 700, 800 or 1,000 horse power C7 upgrade, how is one ever going to get that power to the ground and have it stick with the constraints on wheel and tire size within the C7 wheel wells?
Old 07-16-2013, 01:15 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

SEMA is for people selling parts though
I'll let all the manufacturers and other turn key builders there know they're in the wrong place this november...

I suggest Hennessey get a PR rep on the forums instead of their sales guy. Statements like that explain a lot to me about how you guys handle other things, like with your veyron dispute when you didnt even have a valid submission to take the top spot. So you just burn other brands for no reason? Who's next, SSC? How many venom gt's have been delivered to buyers to date even? 10?

Mike Peters...i'll be remembering that one.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:04 AM
1Sikstik
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I agree, how are you going to get the power to the ground with the donut tires the C7 comes with. I have 700+ hp at the crank with massive 345/25/20's in the rear and it skates on dry pavement like its on ice unless I do a proper burnout to get them nice and sticky.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:27 AM
Ltrain925
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

keeping the warranty is awesome, any shop that is willing to throw in a warranty with their work is superior. You pay for what you get these days, i'd rather pay more and have a warranty to have that reassurance which would help me sleep better at night. I paid a little over 2k for a tune from Dinan from my 335i but their top work and retaining the factory warranty is so worth it.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:11 AM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

No way the factory trans would hold that power, or the clutch. Which is why we require those parts to be upgraded with our packages that are outside the tolerable levels for those components. Trust me, anyone who calls us and gets the ball rolling on one of these big builds has much much much more than the basic components listed on our information cards. Anything we change we warranty. It negates the point of having a headache-free car with a warranty if we leave a weak link in there, and it would ruin our relationships with the OEM's in two seconds flat if we were making them replace things by bumping up the power and expecting them to work with us.

This may sound arrogant, but just being 100% honest. We don't really keep up with 90% of what other shops are doing. We take note of the people running against us directly at competitions, and the track, but I really don't have any current working knowledge of what other shops do to take care of issues other than third hand internet observation with he said she said stories.

We give you a written signed binding legal document when you pick up your car with our warranty packages.

Fair enough

Get notified of new replies

To Hennessey Twin Turbo 1000 HP C7

Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltrain925
keeping the warranty is awesome, any shop that is willing to throw in a warranty with their work is superior. You pay for what you get these days, i'd rather pay more and have a warranty to have that reassurance which would help me sleep better at night. I paid a little over 2k for a tune from Dinan from my 335i but their top work and retaining the factory warranty is so worth it.
Most of the warranties you refer to (including Dinan - I have looked into it) are no longer the manufacturer's warranty, but the warranty of the "tuner". It's important to understand what that means. I'm being careful with my wording as I do not want to disparage Hennessey or anyone else. But it's not like you can just take the car to any Chevy dealer or other shop down the street. Be sure you understand the specifics of each one. It is possible I suppose that they use a third party that allows repairs at any shop, but I doubt it. In the case of Dinan, they actually do have authorized BMW dealerships that honor Dinan's warranty. You can look on Dinan's web-site and see who their authorized dealers are. I do not know if Hennessey has authorized dealers or not.

Last edited by jschindler; 07-16-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:35 AM
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

With our warranties you actually can take it to any dealership, and that is exactly what we tell customers before and after their builds. You can ask anyone who has had us build a car first hand in the last 5 years, they'll vouch.

One point of discussion I would personally like to elaborate on as well in regards to the warranties we offer. I did get caught off guard at the track last weekend by an extremely disgruntled fellow gearhead. I had a fellow who posts online quite a bit apparently who purchased a used car off of eBay, and absolutely went off on me because his car ''didn't have a warranty through us''. As with any item being bought second hand please contact us, as our warranties do NOT transfer unless we are able to inspect the car. He had called up here and we told him he didn't have a warranty, and apparently that really enraged him.

Over the years we've learned that a lot can happen with cars being involved in accidents (and other things we don't hear about) after they leave our shop, and also when they change hands. We always like to see vehicles that we haven't seen since the build, or that have changed hands before we consider putting our warranty back on it. Any used vehicle, or any used item for that matter obviously will be different than a vehicle built by us for you. If you have any questions on how our warranty would work with us, or a second hand Hennessey vehicle (if it is something we'd do) please don't hesitate to call us. All of our warranty work is handled by a member of our team named Frankie, and I will also be happy to answer any questions you have as well. You can give us a call, or stop by anytime. Our number is 979.885.1300 or you can stop by at exit 713 off I-10 in Texas. We're one hour West of Downtown Houston, 2 hours East of downtown San Antonio.

Also so no one feels left out, in response to the attempt at a provocative post above, we passed by it, didn't take enough time to even remember the screename, and just wanted to say we enjoy going to Sema every year, working with all of our Vendors, even from OEM's such as Mopar Performance Parts, GMPP, Ford Racing as they show off their parts, but again, we are in the business of building cars, we are not in the business of pushing products for the guys building stuff in their garage. If you disagree with this that's great, this is America, you're entitled to your opinion, and SEMA is certainly an exciting topic for myself, or any car guy who has gone. However, in the context of this thread, and within the guidelines of this forum, it is incredibly off topic and has no place in this discussion.

We have built and delivered over 10 Venom GT's to extremely extremely pleased clients, and if you look deep enough you'll even see one of those clients attempting to compare his VGT to his Veyron, before he realizes they don't compare.

In response to the tires, the common solution is pretty simple. Remove runflats, add traction! This sounds somewhat careless, but think about it, when is the last time you actually had a flat and didn't have On*?

I also noticed I didn't fully answer a question earlier. If you purchase a brand new car with us we are very flexible on the warranties, but we have an across the board policy on power/warranty. We offer a 3/36 on most of our packages that are less than 700 horse, and 1/12 on anything over. We sell more warranty on any build, that is just the standard issue that we do. The last thing I want to do is seem like I'm trying to shift this conversation off of the forum, but to avoid book-long posts, if anyone is truly interested in a build and the particulars we could work out for you, feel free to give us a call.

Great questions!

Last edited by MikePeters@Hennessey; 07-16-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:48 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Personally, I think it's great that the Builder/Vendor actually takes the time to answer questions on the Forum. That says alot about these guys. I also want to express that I believe it is an extra bonus that they provide warranties as they do, as well as consider the complete package of the build, and not just the part(s) being purchased/installed. This is important. There are many folks out there that will happily throw on a TT set up or whatever you give them money for, but leave the due diligence researching the supporting parts up to the customer. Then take even more money to put those parts on, still leaving you high and dry if something breaks. For the few that understand this, I suppose it's okay. But for those that are 'drivers' and not so much 'wrenchers' this is a very important aspect and reason to go to a complete package shop.

Although my pockets lack the depth for a Hennesy build, I'm still anxious to see what they do with the Stingray.

Quick Reply: Hennessey Twin Turbo 1000 HP C7