Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hennessey Twin Turbo 1000 HP C7

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 10:54 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Mike, great response. I want to clarify. When an owner takes the car to a Chevy dealer for a warranty issue regarding the Hennessey package, does the dealer contact Hennessey for warranty approval or is there a third party warranty coverage policy?

I appreciate you taking the time to address these questions. I get asked a lot because some of the old time forum members know that I have had personal friends in the "tuner" business over the years and have had a lot of knowledge of the business. I know things have changed a lot since I was directly involved and I don't want to mislead anyone.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:01 AM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Whether it is the Hennessey 600, 700, 800 or 1,000 horse power C7 upgrade, how is one ever going to get that power to the ground and have it stick with the constraints on wheel and tire size within the C7 wheel wells?
How do you know what size wheel and tire will fit inside a C7 wheel well? Did you get under the car and measure?
Old 07-16-2013, 11:51 AM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72
How do you know what size wheel and tire will fit inside a C7 wheel well? Did you get under the car and measure?
Someone at the Bash said a 300 or larger tire was coming and it would be on some form of a wide body as it would not fit on the base....not 100% on this though.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:20 PM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Someone at the Bash said a 300 or larger tire was coming and it would be on some form of a wide body as it would not fit on the base....not 100% on this though.
They said that about the C6 too. You can still fit a 325 under the straightbody rear fenders with the right offset wheel. Offset is key.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:39 PM
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
Mike, great response. I want to clarify. When an owner takes the car to a Chevy dealer for a warranty issue regarding the Hennessey package, does the dealer contact Hennessey for warranty approval or is there a third party warranty coverage policy?

I appreciate you taking the time to address these questions. I get asked a lot because some of the old time forum members know that I have had personal friends in the "tuner" business over the years and have had a lot of knowledge of the business. I know things have changed a lot since I was directly involved and I don't want to mislead anyone.
What I always tell my customers in person as we're going over the warranty paper in person is, "If you have an issue, or think you have an issue, call us and let us know wherever you'd like to take it". We deal with all of our warranty issues 100% internally.

In a perfect World, the customer will call us the moment they think they even may have an issue, we will ask where they're taking it, and we will be in contact with the service center they are taking their car to before the customer even gets there. And since we serial number, and register every vehicle as a Hennessey car we normally have the VIN and other information handy and can help make the service process easier anyway.

Our goal for every car that we build is simply that the owner only have to put forth the effort of turning the car on and off, put fuel in it, have their local shop of choice perform maintenance, and pay for new rear tires often. We want people to enjoy their cars, and the only time a hood should be popped on a Hennessey car is for scheduled maintenance, or to show it off. Comparatively speaking compared to most tuner shops we take forever, but with our test track on site, two dynos and the staff we have, 90% of the time we're able to deliver a car that literally runs like it came from the factory with the upgrades.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Vette_Pilot
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

I would like to see a toy like this in person and maybe take it out for a test drive!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 01:33 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Awesome!

Originally Posted by MikePeters@Hennessey

We have built and delivered over 10 Venom GT's to extremely extremely pleased clients, and if you look deep enough you'll even see one of those clients attempting to compare his VGT to his Veyron, before he realizes they don't compare.
Did the VGT ever make those full out large oval, and Ring runs I think I read about? I think I read some things similar by that wild Shelby. I guess that all the exotics are getting into some bigger HP numbers with their stable hybrids, and AWDs. Times have really changed?

Thanks, good stuff!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 07-16-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:27 PM
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

We're still trying to find a facility.

The thing a lot of people don't realize is how fast an 8000' runway passes by when the car accelerates like the VGT. We do get a lot of calls from people with the idea of using the VWAG Test track the Veyron set a record on, but for obvious reasons that is not available.

We're working on it, but we've got a lot on our slate. We're big for a tuner shop but we're not near as big as OEM's.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Shodanusmc
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltrain925
keeping the warranty is awesome, any shop that is willing to throw in a warranty with their work is superior. You pay for what you get these days, i'd rather pay more and have a warranty to have that reassurance which would help me sleep better at night. I paid a little over 2k for a tune from Dinan from my 335i but their top work and retaining the factory warranty is so worth it.
You lose the BMW drivetrain warranty and Dinan basically provides you one in lieu of. That is, after BMW and Dinan decide where the problem lies. If you got the BMW PPK you would be 100% BMW covered. I do however believe DINAN is a quality company.

Not to knock Hennissy, but if I recall, they had a lot of serious customer complaints years ago. Perhaps now they are reborn.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:38 PM
drs
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 278 Likes on 184 Posts

I'm not trying to be a smart ***, but if you're in the financial position to buy a ~$60K car and then pay the ~$70K 1000HP upgrade, and you're worried about whether the factory warranty is preserved... Really?
Old 07-16-2013, 05:44 PM
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

The big thing with the warranty, you don't want to have a $130k car that is broke all the time, or that some tuner shop is learning on, or its their first little 1,000 horsepower playset and your car is a rolling R&D test bed for whatever shop.

Our warranty ensures that doesn't happen, especially on new platforms.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:46 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72

Why yes, yes I did. And I had to take the measurements in the dark, while the car was in a trailer and in transit from Laguna Seca back to Bowling Green. Good thing I packed a couple sandwiches, a diet Pepsi and a flashlight.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:49 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default Wow, it's all still current!

http://www.sscnorthamerica.com/downl...04-09-2013.pdf (Veyron (The Space Ship) stripped!)

This stuff just moves slower ironically enough.

"SSC has its sights on the one-lap record at Nurburgring to showcase the engineering prowess of the SSC Tuatara."

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 07-16-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:27 PM
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

The SSC stuff is rad, and also made here in the states (Woooo ) , but trust me, we've got something up our sleeve, and we already know we are faster.

Let me just say the Summer is NOT the time to make a pass that will stand long-term, but just like SSC, we LOVE competition, and we look forward to seeing the Tuatara come out when it does. We're all car guys 1st, and they've got their work cut out for them. Look forward to seeing how they do.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:01 AM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by drs
I'm not trying to be a smart ***, but if you're in the financial position to buy a ~$60K car and then pay the ~$70K 1000HP upgrade, and you're worried about whether the factory warranty is preserved... Really?
uhh, yes, really.

For some of us a great car is the only fun we're allowed to have in our whole lives and it's a financial stretch to get there. If a $130,000 car develops a $20-30k problem, that could be the end of the dream. For others who are very well off now, the last few years should have taught us that bad economic stuff happens even if we don't deserve it.

As we should also know, a whole lot of tuners will tell you anything to make a sale, but really don't know what they're doing, and when the engine pops a few months later, it's all on you. I'd rather look at a tuner who stands behind his work for as long as possible.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:50 AM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

When you have to preface a statement with "this might sound arrogant, but...", then it obviously will be arrogant- forewarning or not. Blowing your own horn when done with tact and subtlety can be done without being perceived as horn blowing at all.

For a company with a generally loathsome reputation for customer service, it may behoove you to show a little more humility and a little less self promotion. Just food for though, meant in friendly context.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Hey mike,

alot of us "old C4 ZR-1 guys" would love to see an american car retake the 24 hour endurance record run at Nardo by the custom VW Nardo

if going over 200 mph average for 24 hours to retake the FIA record has any appeal to show the durability and performance of ANY of the hennesy modified vehicles, please get in touch.

there are many of us that would help muster the funds, and with many of the client contacts you already have, there would likely be some folks that would step up to help make this happen.

the ZR-1 held the record for a long time, how about a new twin turbo ZR-1 or even down the road a modified C7??

I'm not picky either, a Venom or TT Viper would be fine. we've been trying to get this effort off the ground for years. let me know if Hennesy is serious and interested. it's long overdue to bring this record back to the USA!!

thanks, looking forward to that TT C7 should be a hoot!

Get notified of new replies

To Hennessey Twin Turbo 1000 HP C7

Old 07-17-2013, 01:22 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default The SSs!

The SSC stuff is rad, and also made here in the states (Woooo ) , but trust me, we've got something up our sleeve, and we already know we are faster.

Let me just say the Summer is NOT the time to make a pass that will stand long-term, but just like SSC, we LOVE competition, and we look forward to seeing the Tuatara come out when it does. We're all car guys 1st, and they've got their work cut out for them. Look forward to seeing how they do.
Yeah, you were ahead of the game with the Super sports. GM is on it now and I would have to think the Super sports would be a necessity on the SSC stuff going forward.

After all they are all still American hot rods!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 07-17-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:27 PM
0MikePeters@Hennessey
Former Vendor

Rkreigh,

I know they're trying to focus on one thing at a time, I think we're looking to get the Top Speed record locked down as step one.

SlickShoes, we don't hire people to post online, I'm just a car guy posting here, who works for Hennessey. I choose to answer the communities questions when I hope on here to see what's going on, and I'm probably going to keep posting here. Everyone on the team here is very proud of what we've accomplished, and if taking a little pride in what you do is something that offends you, then I'm sorry that I will continue to offend you. Wish you the best.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default Dynamic Power!?

Rkreigh,

I know they're trying to focus on one thing at a time, I think we're looking to get the Top Speed record locked down as step one.
Can the 2750lb 1200HP cars be set up to use the electronic nannies to do it all. Yes, it is interesting seeing if the big boys can do it, but, far more significant if the 1000hp TT C7 can retain those said to be meddlesome nannies and work seemlessly with phenominal straight line performance. I imagine varying closed loop boost control working with PTM would have to be included and street legal on a production car. YES, ALL YOU GUYS HAVE YOUR WORK CUT OUT FOR YOU! But, definitely feasible and backed up by existing TECH.

Road Racing or The Ring proves it!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 07-17-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Hennessey Twin Turbo 1000 HP C7