Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GREAT - 7/11/ Stingray Ordering Constraint

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL... My order is being placed today and that was the only piece I was hem-hawing about and I finally told my dealer, no... Don't include it. Glad I didn't get it.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by LouB57
So if we are sitting at 3300 or 3000 (as I am), that probably means we are screwed , and have to wait because in theory we can longer change our order
No, this doesn't affect you. It is only for orders being pulled into the production queue this week.

I am so relieved that I ordered through Kerbeck's, and my order including the FAY option is being put successfully into the production queue today.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 834 Likes on 370 Posts

GM has forsaken customer orders for the "Suitcase"edition!
Old 07-11-2013, 04:11 PM
tbasco 6
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

So if we are sitting at 3300 or 3000 (as I am), that probably means we are screwed , and have to wait because in theory we can longer change our order
Sorry for your bad luck (if in fact yours is delayed) but this may help some of us. I too am at 3000 w/o this option, which may push my production, and others, to an earlier TPW.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:28 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

existing orders are not effected

Curious to see what the quantities are for next week....

This is a 2 week cycle for the current consesnus so all is not lost
Old 07-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Jesterissimo
Instructor

I'd imagine it would also depend on how many of the FAY options your dealer had in line ahead of yours versus how many they were allocated. To use the example of the link in the first post - GM has 180 available and are allowing that dealer to order 4, so if you're number 3 you're good, if you're 4 you're good, if you're 5, 6, etc not so much.

Just gotta hope most of the people in front of you didn't want to spend the money and got the standard dash (right now I've got my fingers crossed).

Might be interesting in another week or so to run a poll and see how many people who wanted FAY were able to get their order picked up, versus how many had to change or wait.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:51 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesterissimo
I'd imagine it would also depend on how many of the FAY options your dealer had in line ahead of yours versus how many they were allocated. To use the example of the link in the first post - GM has 180 available and are allowing that dealer to order 4, so if you're number 3 you're good, if you're 4 you're good, if you're 5, 6, etc not so much.

Just gotta hope most of the people in front of you didn't want to spend the money and got the standard dash (right now I've got my fingers crossed).

Might be interesting in another week or so to run a poll and see how many people who wanted FAY were able to get their order picked up, versus how many had to change or wait.
we'll see what next week brings as GM now knows to push the supplier as we need this feature and shame on them for showcasing as such everywhere and NOT making it as available as one would seem so!
Old 07-11-2013, 04:58 PM
FEAR
Pro

yup, i got the call too, i said take it off and run the car now, i'll takeit earlier and live without it. i used the money and put it towards the upgraded exhaust instead
Old 07-11-2013, 05:02 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin
we'll see what next week brings as GM now knows to push the supplier as we need this feature and shame on them for showcasing as such everywhere and NOT making it as available as one would seem so!
With a part constraint (fill in RPO / part name here), More likely the situation and conversation goes something like this.

Supplier: Hey, GM, I do really awesome carbon fiber work and would love to have it included as a dash panel piece.

GM: Ok supplier, we will need this many by this date.

Supplier: No problem! (supplier starts developing a process to make them in volume).

Supplier: Here's one, look how good they look. (hand built prototype).

GM: They look great. I need 10 for sample builds.

Supplier: Here you go. (Supplier process still isn't ready but they bring in extra employees to hand fabricate the 10 they need and work through the night to get them done).

GM: I need 100 more for sample builds.

Supplier: Here you go. (Supplier process still isn't ready but they bring in extra employees to hand fabricate the 10 they need and work through the night to get them done).

GM: Ok supplier, we need 50 this week, 50 next week and 500 the week after.

LAUNCH DAY.

Supplier: Here's 75, we can get you 75 in two more weeks. We won't be able to do the 500 for four more weeks. We're having a problem with the process but we're working on it.

And so it goes. Very, very typical.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:07 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by talon90
With a part constraint (fill in RPO / part name here), More likely the situation and conversation goes something like this.

Supplier: Hey, GM, I do really awesome carbon fiber work and would love to have it included as a dash panel piece.

Supplier: No problem! (supplier starts developing a process to make them in volume).

LAUNCH DAY.

Supplier: Here's 75, we can get you 75 in two more weeks. We won't be able to do the 500 for four more weeks. We're having a problem with the process but we're working on it.

Yep, you would be surprised how small of suppliers GM will use.

A major supplier for a Saab interior piece was 5 employee's, went in every car.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

So... As the Carbon Fiber roofs run out Convertible production ramps up ??? I really hope this is VERY temporary and not normal.
Originally Posted by talon90

LAUNCH DAY.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:06 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,013 Likes on 365 Posts

I contacted my dealer today and he laughed once he heard the source of the announcement.

He had not heard of a this constraint but if there, he thought it would be for a very short period...days.

I would not get too excited about this "the sky is falling" announcement until we see the facts....and that is from GM not this guy. This guy has no credibility in his opinion.

The reality is constraints will come and go. The question that should be asked is for how long?
Old 07-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE=RussM05;1584383911]I contacted my dealer today and he laughed once he heard the source of the announcement...This guy has no credibility in his opinion.[QUOTE]

"This guy" being Rick Conti?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:43 PM
chris crash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default C7 order reject

Tried to order my C7 today.
My dealer said there is a hold on the comp seats!
Can't order them yet and no explanation from GM
Any info out there?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Oleman
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

[QUOTE=Magister Ludi;1584383994][QUOTE=RussM05;1584383911]I contacted my dealer today and he laughed once he heard the source of the announcement...This guy has no credibility in his opinion.

"This guy" being Rick Conti?
Second on that..........................
Old 07-11-2013, 07:58 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by chris crash
Tried to order my C7 today.
My dealer said there is a hold on the comp seats!
Can't order them yet and no explanation from GM
Any info out there?
Competition Seats have been listed as "Late Availability" since the introduction. No date is available.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:04 PM
chris crash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got to have those comp seats with swede inserts
This is not going to be daily driver but rather my track day car
Z-51 with mag ride, dual mode exhaust, comp seats. That's it accept color yellow w black wheels and painted calipers

Get notified of new replies

To GREAT - 7/11/ Stingray Ordering Constraint

Old 07-11-2013, 08:28 PM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

How does GM have a limited number of the parts for the car? I don't understand this.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:28 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Originally Posted by RussM05
I contacted my dealer today and he laughed once he heard the source of the announcement.

He had not heard of a this constraint but if there, he thought it would be for a very short period...days.

I would not get too excited about this "the sky is falling" announcement until we see the facts....and that is from GM not this guy. This guy has no credibility in his opinion.

The reality is constraints will come and go. The question that should be asked is for how long?
If your dealer is discounting Conti's information, then your dealer is probably the one who's wrong. Rick has been providing accurate info for years, maybe decades, now.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
How does GM have a limited number of the parts for the car? I don't understand this.
The supplier does not deliver on promised volume of a part number. BG builds the cars others build the parts...

Quick Reply: GREAT - 7/11/ Stingray Ordering Constraint