Sponsored by:

C7 Now Seems to Be Available?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,017 Likes on 1,160 Posts

Default C7 Now Seems to Be Available?

So what's going on? Dealers with extra allocations? Cars seem to now be more available and no one even has taken delivery? Kerbeck with more allocation then orders?

I'm in the hundreds on a dealer list and just got a call saying we can get you a car in 3 or 4 months?

Is the car not getting the response GM thought? Are potential buyers walking?

I know if you follow the Forum there are a handful of got to have now folks but this seems to be a complete turn around when dealers are already advertising extra allocation?????

AND there are dealers sitting with so many 13s on the lot and some 12s???? Sort or kinda of scary!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 12:34 PM
racerguyz28
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to lease a 13 grand sport and it is incredibly difficult to get any type of response as far as phone call or text. Every time I call either kerbeck or macmulkin the sales people always seem to be with customers. If they are they must be doing preorders because they don't want to sell any c6's. I'm just thinking about waiting for a c7. But they probably will not lease it this fast. All I know is the salesmen don't want a sale or won't sell a c6 and I'm sure they will try to push a c7 on me. I will happily take the c7 if the lease price is correct.

Last edited by racerguyz28; 07-09-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Change
Old 07-09-2013, 12:37 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,953 Likes on 2,180 Posts

The economy still blows. Everyone is still cautious. One of the members here received a 4 grand discount on the just released critically acclaimed Mercedes E class....which is really unheard of in the past.

In every category of spending....people are still holding back more so than in decades past.

Sales will be strong comparatively but still off the heyday of yesteryear s.iMO
Old 07-09-2013, 12:50 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

It's very simple, the major dealers that you're referring to will get the most allocation, the reason the 13's are sitting on the lots is because nobody wants them and everybody is wanting the C7. They're trying to dump the C6'sat fire sale prices and they still can't dump them. As far as getting a C7 anytime soon, You can get one through one of the major dealers you mentioned at MSRP or pay a huge market adjustment at a small dealer. Those are the facts, deal with it
Old 07-09-2013, 12:56 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I think the sales have not been as strong as expected. Certainly not considering all of the sales hype. I am one of the people who have decided to wait before ordering. Economy sux.
The C7, although there are a few shortcomings, seems to be a great car. Here's hoping things pick up soon.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:57 PM
sjohnson2615
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It does seem odd that nobody will touch a C6 right now. Just as recently as last year people still seemed to be all over them.
Now they can't discount them enough to move them off the lot. What a difference a year makes in the desirability of a car.
From hero to dog in 1 year.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:59 PM
St!ngray
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 253 Likes on 164 Posts

The problem though is those of us that want to lease cannot.
I'd just e-mail one of the large forum dealers and the answer was NO.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:59 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by sjohnson2615
It does seem odd that nobody will touch a C6 right now. Just as recently as last year people still seemed to be all over them.
Now they can't discount them enough to move them off the lot. What a difference a year makes in the desirability of a car.
From hero to dog in 1 year.
Lots of people are buying C6's........just not enough. Same as the C7.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by racerguyz28
I'm trying to lease a 13 grand sport and it is incredibly difficult to get any type of response as far as phone call or text. Every time I call either kerbeck or macmulkin the sales people always seem to be with customers. If they are they must be doing preorders because they don't want to sell any c6's. I'm just thinking about waiting for a c7. But they probably will not lease it this fast. All I know is the salesmen don't want a sale or won't sell a c6 and I'm sure they will try to push a c7 on me. I will happily take the c7 if the lease price is correct.
When you called MacMulkin, did you ask for Tommy Jr ???
If not, call them again and ask for Tommy Jr !!
Tommy Jr is who you want/need to speak to , Not the Sales people.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:15 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

My thoughts:

I too have several pre orders though a several dealers. Here is the deal.

The dealers have gotten with GM and convinced them to open the census to set more of each dealers allocations. There are to many people like myself that have multiple orders with different dealers. Now that one of my dealers has called me on July 4 and locked my order into the computer Im stuck with that dealer. Now I must cancel the others.

Im just giving my opinion. Doesn't make any other reason why they would continue to take in orders into the system when they want even say when they are getting started.

One reason would be that they are trying to get suppliers revved up to match the incoming orders.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:16 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Dif
When you called MacMulkin, did you ask for Tommy Jr ???
If not, call them again and ask for Tommy Jr !!
Tommy Jr is who you want/need to speak to , Not the Sales people.
Tommy Jr will hook you up.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:21 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,065 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Also, remember that while the car is starting to make the rounds at shows and events, the vast majority of people haven't seen one in person. The number of people willing to drop 52-75k at MSRP on something they've never seen, and just about no one that doesn't work for GM has ever driven in this economy just isn't a big audience.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:53 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by AVETTE
It's very simple, the major dealers that you're referring to will get the most allocation, the reason the 13's are sitting on the lots is because nobody wants them and everybody is wanting the C7. They're trying to dump the C6'sat fire sale prices and they still can't dump them. As far as getting a C7 anytime soon, You can get one through one of the major dealers you mentioned at MSRP or pay a huge market adjustment at a small dealer. Those are the facts, deal with it
Old 07-09-2013, 02:09 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

One thing to remember is that a lot of the "new" market GM is going after hasn't even been direct marketed to yet. Just wait until the mags start running the camparo articles. These new buyers will need to hear from others who made the jump before they do. Most enthusiest buyers are very reluctant to change brands. There has to be a darn good reason. Just like here, go on and make a post about going to the "dark side" and people will tell you how crazy you are. So these new buyers go to their repsective forum and post they are considering a Vet, and they WILL take a lot of heat. I think it will take a couple of years for that "new" market to fully develop. Just something to think about while I sit here waiting on my new Stingray! Hurry up GM!!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 02:16 PM
MThomas
Safety Car

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

Call Rick "Corvette" Conti at Coughlin Chevrolet. They will hook you up. First class dealership for sure.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:04 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by MThomas
Call Rick "Corvette" Conti at Coughlin Chevrolet. They will hook you up. First class dealership for sure.
This is another good idea. Rick is a real deal type of guy, always on the move to make things happen.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by St!ngray
GM & the dealers don't want to make more $ it seems. Another fail.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Now Seems to Be Available?

Old 07-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by z28lt1
Also, remember that while the car is starting to make the rounds at shows and events, the vast majority of people haven't seen one in person. The number of people willing to drop 52-75k at MSRP on something they've never seen, and just about no one that doesn't work for GM has ever driven in this economy just isn't a big audience.

I would not buy one without driving first.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:54 PM
VRMMMM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by St!ngray
Why won't they lease? I am doing a 3 year lease on my C7.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Les Stanford Chevrolet is also excellent.

Quick Reply: C7 Now Seems to Be Available?