Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:57 PM
cbxvet
Cruising
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C7 Orders

Gentlemen,
Reading here recently I gather that individuals, somewhere, have been able to order C7's. Is this correct? I sold my '07 C6 last August in anticipation of buying a C7. To date, the same dealer (in CT) has no info on price/time/color, etc. Appreciate your opinions. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:14 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by cbxvet
Gentlemen,
Reading here recently I gather that individuals, somewhere, have been able to order C7's. Is this correct? I sold my '07 C6 last August in anticipation of buying a C7. To date, the same dealer (in CT) has no info on price/time/color, etc. Appreciate your opinions. Thanks.
Oh yea, lots of members are already in the Production Queue. I would find a different dealer. Contact Kerbeck, they will take care of you. Best of luck.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:30 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You're in CT - Call Tommy Jr at:

MacMulkin Chevrolet Cadillac - they have C7 order allocation

Address: 3 Marmon Dr, Nashua, NH 03060
Phone 603) 888-1121
Hours: Monday hours 8:30 am–9:00 pm

They are a long term Corvette Forum Vendor and will treat you right !!!

Last edited by michaelinmech; 07-08-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:49 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gentlemen,
Only 900 out of 3100 dealers should have that info. In the end at least 900 will never have it. There are dealers who have the info you seek and have units to order (ie: allocations) and the July consensus is going in a week from tomorrow, so you have plenty of time to order if you are so inclined.

Laborsmith
Old 07-08-2013, 03:54 PM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech

Phone 603) 888-1121

Give Tommy Jr a call & you won't have to deal with any salesperson, his family owns the dealership!!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Gentlemen,
Your dealer is totally clueless (or outright lying to you). Colors, prices, etc. have been available for a couple of months (or more). Only ~900 dealers are eligible to get any Corvettes for the first 6-9 months of production. Maybe your dealer is not one of the 900 (which they should know). You can check who is eligible in your area at: http://www.chevrolet.com/new-2014-co.../specs/specs_1 > click on the "View Authorized Dealers" link.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:47 PM
1953 C6
Racer

Originally Posted by michaelinmech

Phone 603) 888-1121

I see a trend developing here... I ordered from Tommy Jr.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:59 PM
cbxvet
Cruising
Support Corvetteforum!

Default C7 Orders

Thanks for the feedback guys. I talked to my (CT) dealer yesterday & was told that GM is not yet accepting orders. He has 15+ C7 orders and I am #2 on the list. Thinks it could be as much as four weeks before GM officially accepts orders. He also says he does not yet have official C7 literature. I followed the link that listed C7 dealers but got a "try another time message", which I will do.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys. I talked to my (CT) dealer yesterday & was told that GM is not yet accepting orders. He has 15+ C7 orders and I am #2 on the list. Thinks it could be as much as four weeks before GM officially accepts orders. He also says he does not yet have official C7 literature. I followed the link that listed C7 dealers but got a "try another time message", which I will do.
Your dealer is, at best, totally unaware of the real situation. Or, he is an outright liar. If GM is not "accepting orders", how does he explain the fact that I, and many others, have order numbers from the GM system for our C7s?

Ask him how many Coupes and Convertibles he received in his "initial allocation" (which was for the first 6-9 months). Every dealer on the forum can tell you how many they got. So can your dealer.

The only thing I believe your dealer is telling the truth about is that he doesn't have any literature yet.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Orders

Quick Reply: C7 Orders