Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 08:40 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
Great stuff! I hope everyone realizes you made an 800 mile journey to get this information. Welcome back....
Yes, OP did make a long trip, but it was far better to see the cars in person than guess at combos, colors, interiors, exterior style, seats, etc. Not a slam at all, but obviously NoOne is a tad picky and why not on a car that's not only brand new but expensive?

Plus, there is an added benefit: he didn't just take a few pics--he took dozens. Then, color-corrected them (even if my poor computer can't really show the differences well, or at all). Then, posted them for all of us! As well, he got to talk to people about the car who know it from the design up.

I call that a triple win for him and a lot of work, too. But thanks are surely due, nonetheless.

And I hope NoOne enjoys his new Corvette C7!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:51 AM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
Yes, OP did make a long trip, but it was far better to see the cars in person than guess at combos, colors, interiors, exterior style, seats, etc. Not a slam at all, but obviously NoOne is a tad picky and why not on a car that's not only brand new but expensive?

SNIP

And I hope NoOne enjoys his new Corvette C7!
We travel a lot. Usually out of town at least 1 week out of the month. So this wasn't too bad of a drive. We were going to stay 2 days but not much to see/do in Champaign so we took off for home right after we were done looking at the C7's.

That is part of the reason for the C7 is to travel. We just picked up the wife a '14 Grand Cherokee Limited with the idea of using it travel in the winter and the C7 to travel in the summer.

Had her car 17 days and already have 3,100 miles on it.

We're signing up for the Ron Fellow's 3 day track special they had so our first trip with the C7 will be from Michigan to Nevada for the track days.

As far as picky...not so much picky as we spent a lot of time in our cars. I drive 60K+ per year so the car is very important from a comfort stand point. I am not a big fan of buying a new car. We lease new cars all the time but for cars like this I usually buy used so not to take the big depreciation hit but the C7 is so much better from all aspects than a used C6 that I can see it keeping it longer and overall TCO not being too much different especially when I expect the C6 used market to fall apart and prices to plummet.

Last edited by NoOne; 06-30-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:07 AM
BPHORSEGUY
Melting Slicks

Location: SUFFIELD CT USA 2023 C8 CORVETTE UN-MODIFIED FINALIST
Received 652 Likes on 350 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Since we are all not using calibrated monitors color correction is useless for this purpose. Thanks for sharing all the great pics though and for you input, I know how much work it really is!
Old 06-30-2013, 09:47 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NoOne
We travel a lot. Usually out of town at least 1 week out of the month. So this wasn't too bad of a drive. We were going to stay 2 days but not much to see/do in Champaign so we took off for home right after we were done looking at the C7's.

That is part of the reason for the C7 is to travel. We just picked up the wife a '14 Grand Cherokee Limited with the idea of using it travel in the winter and the C7 to travel in the summer.

Had her car 17 days and already have 3,100 miles on it.

We're signing up for the Ron Fellow's 3 day track special they had so our first trip with the C7 will be from Michigan to Nevada for the track days.

As far as picky...not so much picky as we spent a lot of time in our cars. I drive 60K+ per year so the car is very important from a comfort stand point. I am not a big fan of buying a new car. We lease new cars all the time but for cars like this I usually buy used so not to take the big depreciation hit but the C7 is so much better from all aspects than a used C6 that I can see it keeping it longer and overall TCO not being too much different especially when I expect the C6 used market to fall apart and prices to plummet.
This is a great writeup on the unique versatility of the Corvette! Including the road track, drag strip, the long distance GT, the street fighter, and just wonderful canyon runner, the Corvette team has kept it all in sight and work hard to give it all the versatility at an affordable price that no other car can match.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
This is a great writeup on the unique versatility of the Corvette! Including the road track, drag strip, the long distance GT, the street fighter, and just wonderful canyon runner, the Corvette team has kept it all in sight and work hard to give it all the versatility at an affordable price that no other car can match.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Kehraus
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Thank you for the photos.

In the original pictures did the Night Race Blue look darker? I ask because your pictures look bluer than most of the other outdoor pictures that I've seen (I like it in your photos very much too!)

I wish Chevy would come out with a new color that would be like, Late Afternoon Race Blue, and be slightly lighter color.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:06 PM
craigcurry
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry found the color correction, re-uploading now.

The 'vert was locked and they would not unlock it.

http://s65.photobucket.com/user/econ...WB%20Corrected
Thanks, though of going but rain in the forecast scared me off.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:23 PM
04c5z06
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

People still use photobucket? Use imgur.com

Nice pics though
Old 06-30-2013, 01:40 PM
PANHANDLE96CE
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing. I am really starting to like the crystal red.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:43 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This pic alone made me glad I chose the non-carbon fiber interior.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:35 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Cyber Grey looks pretty good on the C7.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:45 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

That's a good looking interior.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:54 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Here are all of the shots I took yesterday.

Very cool. Thanks for posting.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:56 PM
LouB57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really love the Kalahari;

Very happy I chose that as the Interior for my Laguna Blue.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:23 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,070 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I was able to open the photobucket link yesterday, won't open for mr today
Old 06-30-2013, 05:06 PM
C7Heaven
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the extra effort on the interior shots. It is much appreciated.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 PM
tbasco 6
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I got home from California around midnight last night, grabbed some sleep, uncovered the GS and made 90 min trip to Champaign. I was disappointed knowing there would not be an LRB there, but excited about seeing the 3LT Kalahari in the CRM. Walking in the gate we saw the VY (which we had seen in the plant parking lot at Bowling Green) the TR (which we had seen at the Chicago show) and a NRB vert which was locked with the windows up, making it hard to appreciate the Brownstone interior. We waited around until 12:30 but the other 3 never showed. Thus, I appreciate the pictures. Guess I will have to wait till mine is delivered to see LRG & Kalahari. I did sit in one and thought the seats were by far more comfortable than my base GS seats.

Get notified of new replies

To All of my Bloomington C7 Hires pics

Old 06-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by gthal
With all of the beautiful color options, this picture makes me feel VERY good about choosing Torch Red

You and I both
Old 06-30-2013, 07:25 PM
noitall
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!! That's all I can say, what a beautiful car inside and out. The color options are out of control, its going to be really difficult picking color, trim and wheels. The black vert looks amazing. The gray with the black strip looks nice. The is not a bad color or combo IMO.

Thanks for posting these beautiful pictures.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:54 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Nice pics Eric! Good to see you're still around, I haven't heard from you in years old buddy!

Quick Reply: All of my Bloomington C7 Hires pics