Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bloomington - cars open and impressions

Old 06-28-2013, 09:29 AM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Default Bloomington - cars open and impressions

They have 3 cars here. 2 CB and the dark cranberry.

Took a ton of pics but the cellular is poor here but seeing the cars changed me mind on a lot of things:

1. The body design, including the rear is much much better in person. It is probably the most complete design they have ever done.

2. Interior...the 3LT is great. There are a few downsides which disappoint but nothing too major. The base IP surround looks cheap in comparison to the rest of the interior, spend the $400 on the carbon, its not the best carbon look but its far superior to the base plastic surround. The seats are fantastic, the base leather is decent, the 3LT leather is nicer but honestly not enough difference in the leather itself.

3. Was really interested in Khalahari, not now. The Brownstone with suede is a much higher quality package. Khalahari IMO is too light. Long term I'm not sure how it going to hold up.

I talked to Tom Hill and says there exists a Corvette order guide on GMbuypower.com that is completely up to date but I could not find it. It supposedly has every color and every interior combo since they will all be different.

Every color interior combo is different. Brownstone you get the most suede, black the least, so you cannot look at one interior and just change the color, color dictates how much of the interior is two tone.

The black 2LT interior looks so-so compared to the 3LT's but there are no 2LT's here except black.

Hopefully coming later in the afternoon.

This did not make the decision making any easier since the Brownstone interior as its laid out is 6K over a 2LT...not super crazy about the Brownstone carpet.

I was not too up on the car honestly. GM has made all kinds of hype in the past about how the newest gen of X car is finally world class. Is the C7 world class interior, in spots yes, in spots no, but really I was planned on being disappointed by something and I was not. The Camaro radio/HVAC controls didn't excite me and as I said the base plastic IP surround does look cheap but in carbon its decent.

Hanging out waiting for the other cars to show up. Pics will come later once I can convert some and get them online.

When the C6 came out I did not have that big interest in rushing out to sell my C5 and get a C6. I did not see enough improvement to make the change for the money. This is a totally different class of car.

I asked about production. They will build as many as they can, no set production limit but they are not sure they will meet demand which I can see demand really picking up once it makes it on the market and people see them.

Unless it drives like a complete POS its a bigger improvement than C4 to C5.

Last edited by NoOne; 06-28-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:34 AM
C7Heaven
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please get pics of the 3LT black interior if possible.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the report, look forward to seeing some photos. The carbon interior trim option is $995, not $400. I didn't order it and it was one of the only options I was on the fence about. Hopefully the Adrenilen Red interior overshadows the standard trim.
Remember, If it looks like plastic, it is plastic.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:44 AM
tentorium
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mentioned the 2LT in black being so-so. Would you say the CF or 3LT would improve appearance ?
Old 06-28-2013, 09:57 AM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks NoOne. We all appreciate the feedback! Glad I ordered the Carbon Fiber trim.

Question...in many of the previously posted pictures, the Kalahari almost has an orange tint, is this the case in person or just the color temperature of the lighting on the camera.

Thanks!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

If you find out how you can tell any level black interior from another, let me know. Black is black. Seems a waste of money to upgrade blacks.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:05 AM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
If you find out how you can tell any level black interior from another, let me know. Black is black. Seems a waste of money to upgrade blacks.

Then perhaps a Model T would be good for you
Old 06-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to share your thorough and candid assessments. Very much appreciated.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:31 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 681 Likes on 271 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Thanks

It was stated multiple times that there would be 7 or 8 C7's at the event, where are the rest I wonder ??? Also, thanks for sharing your impressions
Old 06-28-2013, 10:36 AM
kennethmiller
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 5 Posts

sitting at the ihotel with a couple cell tower reps.....one tower nearby is down
Old 06-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
Thanks NoOne. We all appreciate the feedback! Glad I ordered the Carbon Fiber trim.

Question...in many of the previously posted pictures, the Kalahari almost has an orange tint, is this the case in person or just the color temperature of the lighting on the camera.

Thanks!!!
For what it's worth, although I haven't seen Kalahari myself, someone who did see it described the color to me as being the same color as a baseball glove.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:01 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,095 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Old 06-28-2013, 12:38 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Bit more info.

The yellow/black wheeled one showed, as did a MRB and a bright red.

Brownstone ONLY comes with suede, it is not a full leather seat. Seat centers, center console, arm rests and passenger airbag cover are suede.

Khalari seats look great. On the rest of the interior I don't think its going to be a good long term color. It is not the color, its the material. I know they are going for the Ferrari tan interior look and although I've never seen a Ferrari tan leather interior I've seen covered IP's in Audi's and even in the Grand Cherokee Overland. This leather seems a bit thinner and not as nice as other wraps in other cars.

The Brownstone is similar but the darker color looks nicer/more expensive. The suede breaks it up nice also.

If your getting black 2LT/3Lt, not much difference at all. 1LT/2LT/3LT are all wrapped surfaces, doors, IP, dash, just the material is different from 2LT/3LT.

My personal opinion but unless there is something you REALLY want in the 3LT package if your getting black, skip it.

The suede package makes no sense. It only wraps the A-pillar and the roof if you get a solid roof, other than that it doesn't do anything. Seat inserts are separate but I have no idea why you'd spend the $ on that suede wrap, it does not wrap the same pieces as the Brownstone suede area's.

Could not sit in GT seats but was told if its an around town cruiser/cruiser then the GT seats are fine. If you plan on spending more than an hour or so at a time get the regular seats, they are very tough on you.

Regular seats come with adjustable bolsters which I had not heard about previously.

Pics to follow, got very detail shots of 3LT in all the colors.

For me its most likely going to be MRB and Brownstone. Yellow looks great in pictures, but in person did not do it for me. No white car was there.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:42 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Awesome reporting. Thanks so much.
B.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:50 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Sucks no white C7. Sure would like to see one with the Brownstone. Bet it will be classic.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:56 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Sucks no white C7. Sure would like to see one with the Brownstone. Bet it will be classic.
I had considered it but have to see it first.

One of the GM engineers said they have a test car like that...did not really give an opinion one way or the other except to say that it really brought out the brown.

I'll get pics up once we get home. I'll also post straight RAW and color corrected.

Reason is the Yellow looks a lot more vibrant in pics than in person. I think once I correct the white balance the intensity will die down a bit.

Same with Khalahari. Looking at the pics I took the color is not true but will be once I correct it. So I'll post both.

Red interior looked better than expected...red car did not...just something about that shade of red that does not look good with those body lines. I think that is why the initial impression of the C7 was so poor, the reveal car looked terrible IMO in that red.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:13 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by NoOne

Brownstone ONLY comes with suede, it is not a full leather seat. Seat centers, center console, arm rests and passenger airbag cover are suede.

The suede package makes no sense. It only wraps the A-pillar and the roof if you get a solid roof, other than that it doesn't do anything.
These statements conflict with the information provided by GM to my dealer and the order guide:
Brownstone Interior is only available with the 3LT package and UNLIKE any other color, it includes suede on the doors, dash and console.

(IWE) Custom Suede-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package (requires 3LT; includes sunvisors, rear header trim, quarter window, front header trim, headliner, A-pillar trim).

This is optional with all colors.
Trim level 556 includes the suede inserts. 555 includes perforated Napa leather.

Get notified of new replies

To Bloomington - cars open and impressions

Old 06-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Perhaps it would..but it would not have a black interior..

You pay more for the 2LT and the 3LT but you get the 1LT because it is entirely black. LOL.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:24 PM
MudZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good writeup and exactly what I was thinking from seeing photos...

Is the C7 world class interior, in spots yes, in spots no
I think the gauge screen is really going to be cool once people start using them and reporting back. Interior quality will continue with the corvette trend of "nice, but not anything amazing."
Old 06-28-2013, 01:28 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

as a person who went there with not too many "great expectations," it's good to read your reviews even if some don't agree w. all of it. I will say I saw the plain plastic dash before the car was allegedly production ready (April Bash). I thought it was not in keeping w. the rest of the interior. I also thought the small, 3 switches to the lower left of the steer. wheel looked out of place, too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bloomington - cars open and impressions