Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by tbasco 6
I was also thinking Cyber Gray & Kalahri. Went to Bowling Green last weekend hoping to see examples with little luck. Did see a Cyber Gray C6, but in the bright sunlight it had to much of a lavender cast for our taste. My salesman called when we were there wanting a decision by end of day. We went Lime Rock Green (saw the hood in the Museum) & 3LT Kalahari. If I were ordering a black interior I would get 2LT for the heated/cooled seats & heads up, but with Kalahari 3LT is worth theextra money. I'm of the opinion the C7 ordered right, Z51, 7 speed, and the right color combination can be both sporty and classy. It's too late for me to change my mind (quewed for production) I'm still going to Bloomington Gold Sunday in hopes of seeing a green. U of I Assembly Hall on U of I Campus-Champaign IL.
classic
Old 06-23-2013, 02:35 AM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

I was all over the map with potential color combos as well with the same classy/sporty distinction. I finally had to choose and went with Torch Red/Kalahari interior, 2LT, Z51, standard painted silver wheels, and red calipers. I'm just not a black wheel fan, and felt chrome was a bit much for this body style. There are a lot of good combinations possible and it's definitely tough narrowing it down to one that will have to last you several years.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:19 AM
Outlaw7
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ck9887
History shows that yellow Corvettes are typically less desired in the used market and tend to sell for several thousand dollars less then other colors. Just something else to consider.
You obviously don't live around here. I sold my yellow 04 C5 for big money and spent two months looking for a yellow, late model [2009-]C6, but couldn't find a decent one within 500 miles. Even the few 05's and 06's were bringing huge money. I settled for a low mileage, silver, 3LT, Z51 2009 with nav, and it was cheaper than the yellow 2007 I found 500 miles away.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:57 AM
jkcam6017
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can always make a Classy car sportier. I'm not sure it is as easy to make a Sporty car Classy.

I had a C6 VY Vert with the polished wheels, black interior. I thought it was both Classy/Sporty. I now have a C6 AW coupe, with tan interior. It is pure Classy.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:57 AM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I had my order placed for cyber gray and kalahari. Then I followed a CG C6 for about 100 miles on a recent trip and noticed how it just blended into the road. I've also see CG Vettes elsewhere, going down the opposite side of the road, in parking lots, etc. and they are easy to overlook. They look incredibly elegant, but to me (age 60), i decide a little too boring. Stealthy? Yes. Exciting? No.

I changed my order to Velocity Yellow.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:56 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad22
I had my order placed for cyber gray and kalahari. Then I followed a CG C6 for about 100 miles on a recent trip and noticed how it just blended into the road. I've also see CG Vettes elsewhere, going down the opposite side of the road, in parking lots, etc. and they are easy to overlook. They look incredibly elegant, but to me (age 60), i decide a little too boring. Stealthy? Yes. Exciting? No.

That's where I am too... I was convinced that CG was the way to go but after seeing a C6 in that colour I decided it blended too much. I almost didn't notice it at all. Classy is great but I wanted this car to be more about screaming "fun" than "classy"

I've since changed my mind and decided that if there was ever a time to own a brightly coloured car, this was it. I'm going Torch Red with a 2LT Black interior and painted silver wheels. IMO, the OP should go VY with Black interior. TR and VY are the same sportiness IMO.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:38 AM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

I'm glad Corvettes come in several colors so they all don't look the same.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:42 PM
F4Topgun
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm was undecided on the color so I started paying attention to the cars I passed on the road. The only vettes that jumped out of the crowd were TORCH RED and YELLOW! "63 retired and don't want to blend in"
Old 06-23-2013, 02:43 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by F4Topgun
I'm was undecided on the color so I started paying attention to the cars I passed on the road. The only vettes that jumped out of the crowd were TORCH RED and YELLOW! "63 retired and don't want to blend in"
Old 06-23-2013, 03:19 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad22

I know what you mean. I really like cyber gray up close with all its multicolored metallic flakes. But at any distance you can't see them. Then it blends in with all the other non-colored cars that are so poular now (gray, black, silver, and white). At least you can put color inside, like red or kalahari.

Velocity yellow is great as long as you don't live in an urban area. Then it blends in too ... with the taxi's

Last edited by ZL-1; 06-23-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:30 PM
samotlietuvis
Instructor

Originally Posted by ck9887
History shows that yellow Corvettes are typically less desired in the used market and tend to sell for several thousand dollars less then other colors. Just something else to consider.
Yellow is rarer than other colors, and it stands out. Stripes go well on yellow. Took me a while to find my used yellow. Black and silver vettes are for sale in every bigger town. Yellow - not so much. Drivers who want yellow generally will not consider other colors, and will drive a distance to get one... Yellow goes well with sports cars
Old 06-23-2013, 03:51 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

I really like the yellow.

It is the interior I'd like to be a bit nicer. When we bought our Grand Cherokee I really wanted to get the blue/brown combo but impossible to find, so we ended up with black on black. My Regal GS only came in 1 color, black, on black, on black, on black

Just getting another black interior car did not excite me too much. I drive over 60K a year so I live in the car. During the summer months I'd DD the C7 so probably 15-20k per summer.

We have a room near Bloomington, heading there Thursday night to check out and see what they look like in person. Hopefully they'll have different combo's.

See if I like the 2LT interiors with any of the other colors.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:58 PM
hokiebus
Instructor

I too was caught in never never land classy or sporty. Started out with TR, then Yellow finaly landed with CR 2LT Z51 Kalahari. I think that combo is both sporty and classy.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Bat7Man
Racer

I was going in every direction with colors. I was going to get AW with red interior, black wheels, and red calipers. Ultimately, after seeing pictures of the AW in the wild, I decided on NRB with Brownstone 3LT, black wheels, yellow calipers, Z51, NPP, and MRC.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:49 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by NoOne

We have a room near Bloomington, heading there Thursday night to check out and see what they look like .
Just want to check and make sure your room is near Champaign where "Bloomington" is being held this year.

(It originated in Bloomington, then Springfield, then back to Bloomington, then St Charles, now Champaign)
Old 06-23-2013, 05:57 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ZL-1
Just want to check and make sure your room is near Champaign where "Bloomington" is being held this year.

(It originated in Bloomington, then Springfield, then back to Bloomington, then St Charles, now Champaign)

Rut Roh...we are staying at the Courtyard Marriot at:

Courtyard Bloomington Normal
310A Greenbriar Drive
Normal, Illinois 61761
USA

That going to be close?
Old 06-23-2013, 06:06 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Why a March delivery goal? I'm 40 miles west of you and I refuse to take delivery in the dead of winter here is Michigan.....I'm shooting for end of April or even May to be safe from salt dust on the way home.

Get notified of new replies

To Classy or Sporty

Old 06-23-2013, 06:13 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
Why a March delivery goal? I'm 40 miles west of you and I refuse to take delivery in the dead of winter here is Michigan.....I'm shooting for end of April or even May to be safe from salt dust on the way home.

Its an aluminum car with a 'plastic' body.

I'd drive it home in the snow if I think I could make it.

What I do not want is to pay for it to sit and depreciate in the garage while I cannot drive it. March gets me close to driveable weather.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:20 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Default I can relate to your dilemma

I have had 10 Vettes in my life, all but one have been Red. I am very partial to Red Corvette, as it appears, in me opinion, is the safest color for resale, no matter how long you keep the car. Having said that, since I had to order mine, and I have not seen one in person, to date, I opted for black on black 2LT, because I am not sure how the Torch Red looks against the carbon flash trim. I figured, black is another safe resale bet, so I went for it. Cyber Gray is another color choice of mine, potentially for my wife's convertible next year, along with Kalahari interior in 3LT. As to not have 2 cars in the same color, I chose black.

Have you considered the Brownstone? It may be a good compromise that would look great in a 2LT.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:30 PM
JOHNGFLYER
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell, I'm going to be 70 next week and I'm going with red exterior and red interior! Not ready to admit I'm too old to have fun!

Quick Reply: Classy or Sporty