Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 06-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Ken Fichtner
Premium Supporting Vendor
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

FICHTNERCHEVROLET
Default Corvette Stingray Distribution Updates

Distribution Updates
Updates for Corvette Stingray

Week of 6/24/2013
Effective 6/24/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
Exterior section-Added (DTW) Carbon Flash Hood Stripe. It is "A" on all equipment groups.

Week of 6/3/2013
Effective 6/3/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
Dimensions section-Front tread width, changed number to "62.9" for all models.
Dimensions section-Rear tread width, changed number to "61.7" for all models.

Week of 5/6/2013
Effective 5/6/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
Interior section-(BV4) Plaque, personalized, added a footnote 1 that reads "(CFX) Personalized plaque is already included in (R8C) Corvette Museum Delivery."

Week of 4/29/2013
Effective 4/29/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
Interior section-Added (RAO) Audio system, 8" diagonal Color Touch screen display with Chevrolet MyLink, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones, Hands-free smartphone integration, AM/FM stereo with MP3 playback and Radio Data System (RDS). It is "S" on all equipment groups.
Interior section-(UE1) OnStar, 6 months of Directions and Connections plan, added an extended description that reads "includes Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Roadside Assistance and Turn-by-Turn Navigation". Also, updated footnote 1 to now read "Service not available with a ship-to of Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions."
Interior section-Deleted "Automatic Crash Response" completely.
Interior section-Deleted "Stolen Vehicle Assistance" completely.
Interior section-Deleted "OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation" completely.
Interior section-Added "Rear Vision Camera". It is "S" on all equipment groups.
Interior section-(IWE) Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package, added an extended description that reads "includes headliner, visors, trim above windshield and rear window, A-pillar trim and area around quarter window".
Exterior section-(5ZU) LPO, Z51-style spoiler, added a footnote 1 that reads "Late availability." and applies to 1YY07 1LT, 2LT and 3LT.
Exterior section-(5YU) LPO, Torque directional chrome aluminum 19" (48.3 cm) front and 20" (50.8 cm) rear wheels, changed availability to "--" on 1YY07 1LT, 2LT and 3LT. Also, added a footnote 1 that reads "Late availability." and applies to 1YX07 Z51 1LT, Z51 2LT and Z51 3LT.
Exterior section-(RXJ) LPO, Wheel center caps with Stingray logo, added a footnote 1 that reads "Late availability." and applies to all equipment groups.
Exterior section-(QX3) Wheels, 5-spoke, chrome aluminum, deleted footnote 1 completely.
Exterior section-(RQ1) Wheels, 5-spoke, machined-face aluminum, deleted footnote 1 completely.
Exterior section-(Q7E) Wheels, chrome aluminum, deleted footnote 1 completely.
Exterior section-(Q7T) Wheels, Black aluminum, deleted footnote 1 completely.
Color and Trim section-(G7H) Laguna Blue Tintcoat exterior color, changed availability with (70*) Adrenaline Red interiors to "--".

Week of 4/22/2013
Effective 4/22/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
Color and Trim section-(G7J) Lime Rock Green Metallic, added a footnote 2 that reads "Additional charge - premium paint."

Ken Fichtner, Dealer

A 2014 Time Dealer of the Year Nominee
AllyDealerHeroes.com

Fichtner Chevrolet - Laurel, MT
406-628-4618 Ext 103
kenfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com
www.fichtnerchevrolet.com
Serving customerís since 1952!

Lowest GM Protection Plan Prices on the Internet for All Makes & Models! For a quote call my finance manager, Dennis Fichtner 406-628-4618 Ext 105

When I'm not selling Corvettes, I enjoy spending time with my wife Kathy, our children and granddaughter!
Ken Fichtner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
Zymurgy
Support Corvetteforum!

Any price announced for the new option (DTW)?
Zymurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
rcallen484
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgy View Post
Any price announced for the new option (DTW)?
And, is that what has been called here the "Stinger" stripe and, is it paint or decal?
rcallen484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
TeamOGI
Support Corvetteforum!

My first question to the corvette forum - sorry if I am in the wrong place or if this has already been answered:

Is there a list of who the 900 dealers are? Three of my local dealers all say that they are part of the 900, but I question (we are a fairly small area) if that is a fact. I don't want to be picking up my new C07 in February in North East Ohio - Can anyone point me in the right direction - I want to order ASAP.
TeamOGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
runutzzzzz
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOGI View Post
My first question to the corvette forum - sorry if I am in the wrong place or if this has already been answered:

Is there a list of who the 900 dealers are? Three of my local dealers all say that they are part of the 900, but I question (we are a fairly small area) if that is a fact. I don't want to be picking up my new C07 in February in North East Ohio - Can anyone point me in the right direction - I want to order ASAP.
I honestly think at this point in time you are going to have a very tough time finding a dealer that can get you one before Winter at MSRP.

All forum dealers have more than likely also booked up the majority of their allocation until then also.

Good Luck!
runutzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
AORoads
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOGI View Post

per the above answers to your questions, I suggest two things: call/email cheverolet for a list of dealers who are "the 900." and, since you are on C7 Gen, you've seen the ads/threads for those Forum dealers who are selling and have an actual allocation--contact them.
AORoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
Turbobndt
CF Senior Member

Click "View Authorized Dealers" at the bottom right of the following web page.

http://www.chevrolet.com/new-2014-co.../specs/specs_1
Turbobndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:40 AM   #8
jr3
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcallen484 View Post
And, is that what has been called here the "Stinger" stripe and, is it paint or decal?
Its always a decal.

(which is good, because if it's ever damaged it can be easily replaced.)
jr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
*C7*
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor 05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr3 View Post
Its always a decal.

(which is good, because if it's ever damaged it can be easily replaced.)
I would think it is painted. I would not think they would have all the carbon flash painted pieces and this be a carbon flash decal.
*C7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
Bill17601
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *C7* View Post
I would think it is painted. I would not think they would have all the carbon flash painted pieces and this be a carbon flash decal.
Why not? I think it is unfair to call it a decal. Vinyl applications are amazing technology. May even hold up better then paint. Easy to change. Easy to update.
Bill17601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #11
WBT

Default CD Player

I wish they would of made a CD Player optional on the C7. I'm sure I'm not the only person who would like to have a CD Player in the new Corvette.
WBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #12
papillion
CF Senior Member

Default now you see it now you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill17601 View Post
Why not? I think it is unfair to call it a decal. Vinyl applications are amazing technology. May even hold up better then paint. Easy to change. Easy to update.
Many NASCAR 'paint jobs' are subtantially or completely vinyl wraps. For these same reasons. I can't imagine anyone wanting to paint on a hood stripe. The contrasting texture of the applique adds to the effect. IMHO
papillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #13
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
It's a decal.
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #14
LIVetteFan
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBT View Post
I wish they would of made a CD Player optional on the C7. I'm sure I'm not the only person who would like to have a CD Player in the new Corvette.
a what...?
LIVetteFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #15
*C7*
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papillion View Post
Many NASCAR 'paint jobs' are subtantially or completely vinyl wraps. For these same reasons. I can't imagine anyone wanting to paint on a hood stripe. The contrasting texture of the applique adds to the effect. IMHO

Let me see now. You have a painted carbon flash vent and right next to it you have a carbon flash decal and this adds to the effect ??

I'll just have it painted. Everybody's different I guess.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #16
CaryBob
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Let me see now. You have a painted carbon flash vent and right next to it you have a carbon flash decal and this adds to the effect ??

I'll just have it painted. Everybody's different I guess.
But it IS painted. The stripe is painted and clearcoated on top of vinyl as opposed to being painted and clearcoated on top of a base coat. On the outside it is exactly the same thing.

The carbon flash paint on the stripe is the very same stuff that is on the louvers.
CaryBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #17
*C7*
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBob View Post
But it IS painted. The stripe is painted and clearcoated on top of vinyl as opposed to being painted and clearcoated on top of a base coat. On the outside it is exactly the same thing.

The carbon flash paint on the stripe is the very same stuff that is on the louvers.

Thank you Bob for that clarification. Now I'm worried it will be too thick and have too big of a ridge. We have a layer of vinyl then a layer of paint then a layer of clearcoat. What do you think ??
Old 06-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #18
HummelS
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Thank you Bob for that clarification. Now I'm worried it will be too thick and have too big of a ridge. We have a layer of vinyl then a layer of paint then a layer of clearcoat. What do you think ??
I think it's probably the same technology that's used on the stripes for my 60th anni 'vert: you can "feel" an edge, but it's not visually apparent unless you look really closely.

Or - could it be an unpainted portion of a "real" carbon fiber hood?
HummelS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #19
SCM_Crash
UIX Engineer to the Max!
Support Corvetteforum!

In for the updates.
SCM_Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #20
mksz51
CF Senior Member

It'll be a vinyl decal. I'll be seeing a good body shop. Easy job to paint that and reclear the hood. I do NOT want an edge.
mksz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:20 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page Corvette Stingray Distribution Updates