C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When will the C7 be sold at 10k under MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Dracla
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
In 2012 Munday sold 40 Corvettes, but that did keep them in the top 50. The #50 dealer sold 32 Corvettes and the #1 dealer sold 627 Corvettes and the #2 dealer sold 282 Corvettes.
Very interesting. Please tell me where you find this info, or post a link.

Thanks.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:24 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Dracla
Who is your Chevy dealer?

I drive down to Munday Chevrolet, but now I'm beginning to understand that they are not big on Corvette sales, even though they sell almost 500 cars a month.
Originally Posted by b4i4getit
You are very lucky Jim to have a dealer that you can trust. Its obvious a dealer has to make a profit to stay in business and I fully support that. What I don't like is that they make a decent profit on the sale and then they stick you with a $450 documentation fee, mandatory paint protection, serial numbers etched on your windows, etc. There are many creative ways a dealer can find to make more money off the sale. Some of you will say if you don't like the terms at that dealer go somewhere else. The problem I have found in small Corvette markets like Canada is that all the dealers are doing this. I am sure you can understand how that spoils the experience of buying a new car. In larger markets it is most likely competition that keeps the bad dealers from surviving. In small markets with few dealers selling a hot product the consumer has to be agressive so he does not lose his shirt.
I deal with Robbins Chevrolet in Humble. I am fortunate that I got to know the owner about 20 years and he takes good care of me. I actually have a lot of dealings now with the Inventory Manager - but again, that is because the owner set me up with him. I don't even know any of the salesman there.

Quick Reply: When will the C7 be sold at 10k under MSRP?