Sponsored by:

New C7 Forum policy: Ignore Trolls

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 11:10 AM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RussM05
This forum is for members who like to contribute real and valuable opinions and information.

So the new policy I suggest it so ignore comments and threads made by the trolls. Do not aknowledge or respond to them. They will eventually go away. You know who I am talking about, so no response necessary. Can we all agree?

Lets return this forum back into one we enjoy reading and get valuable C7 information.
Well being that you have been around for such a long time, I believe you speak for everyone. NOT!!

I don't recall your name being on the list of who approves everything that goes on in this forum. Nor do I believe you speak for everyone.

As others have stated, so everyone who agree with what you say can stay in this section of the forum. WRONG!! Your opinion has the same value, if not less, than those who have been around a considerable length of time. Those who do not like the C7 have the right to voice their dislike as well as their likes. They don't need to get your approval nor anyone elses.

As for the C7, there are going to be things that people like about the car and things people dislike. If everyone liked everything about the car then there would be no need to improve. You can thank those who complained about not getting enough HP or those who wanted a better interior for the C7 getting just that.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by NocarbutaVetteforme
As for the C7, there are going to be things that people like about the car and things people dislike. If everyone liked everything about the car then there would be no need to improve. You can thank those who complained about not getting enough HP or those who wanted a better interior for the C7 getting just that.
if you don't like the C7 at all.... complain to GM about it.

this thread is not about voicing dislikes about certain aspects of the C7. It's solely about those that don't like the C7 at all - but (for some strange personal quirk) want to go into the C7 section and spew this total dislike.

You've been here for along time; you do know the difference between choosing to visit an enthusiast board... and also visiting a general car-review web site.

Deep down inside I believe you do know this distinction.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:54 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,939 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Interestingly enough, the problem seems to have been resolving itself (with help from the mods?) to a significant degree even before this thread was started............ Several of the "favorites" have either disappeared altogether or are only infrequently heard from. One has "petered" out . another has seemingly been "big blocked" (think about it.... 427 xx), and a third seems to have faded away to a Rocky Mountain state.

At this point it's much ado about nothing.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The whole labeling of someone who is not totally enamored by the C7 is childish and comical. I would estimate that at least 30-40% of the threads started by the C7 supporters are either duplicates or absurd, i.e. "Does the C7 have an engine or a motor". And then you have others that post pictures of goblins continuously like we are in 2nd grade.

If you have a problem with an individual on here than don't reply or engage them, period. To otherwise suggest members stay off the C7 board b/c they are not overly pleased with the car is preposterous.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
The whole labeling of someone who is not totally enamored by the C7 is childish and comical. I would estimate that at least 30-40% of the threads started by .
you are describing something that is not an issue here.

I've read this entire thread again... and nowhere has anyone said that you had to be totally in love with the C7 - in order to post in the C7 section. Why do you try to represent something as happening here... that flat-out isn't ?

It's all about those that don't like the C7 at all - but still want to make sure C7 purchasers know it (and on a Corvette enthusiast site).

are there sections of the forum where you can increase others enthusiasm for the Corvette model that they happen to like ?
Old 06-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Mike I posted a thread last week inquiring as to who actually has an order in. I posted it to see who was all pumped up and excited and the guys who responded sounded real happy as they should. If you read the thread the guys who had no reason to post to in it did anyway, now why wouldn't they be deemed trolls or whatever you want to call them? It goes both way you know, and the same circle of supporters are just as guilty if not more so than the guys who comment negatively which in truth they are entitled to do if they are stating their honest opinion w/out maliciousness or attack!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Mike I posted a thread last week inquiring as to who actually has an order in. I posted it to see who was all pumped up and excited and the guys who responded sounded real happy as they should. If you read the thread the guys who had no reason to post to in it did anyway, now why wouldn't they be deemed trolls or whatever you want to call them? It goes both way you know, and the same circle of supporters are just as guilty if not more so than the guys who comment negatively which in truth they are entitled to do if they are stating their honest opinion w/out maliciousness or attack!
I hear ya; but what you said earlier in this thread was a big s-t-r-e-t-c-h.

C'mon Dan; you know that those Jedi Mind Tricks stopped working in the 20th century...

Old 06-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

I guess we would need Quinnipiac to do a research survey for us. LOL
Old 06-17-2013, 12:32 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Blatant trolls who bash Corvette enthusiasts here with Porsche bull crap are quite entertaining as they actually flaunt their insecurity. This can be downright hillarious but nothing spikes the laughometer like the guys who attempt to validate their opinions by chest beating about their annual income and net worth. Those posts are absolute classics.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by drmustang
Blatant trolls who bash Corvette enthusiasts here with Porsche bull crap are quite entertaining as they actually flaunt their insecurity. This can be downright hillarious but nothing spikes the laughometer like the guys who attempt to validate their opinions by chest beating about their annual income and net worth. Those posts are absolute classics.

our local Corvette club (which I am not a member of) holds an annual "Corvette - Porsche Shootout" It's an autocross type competition where they each take turns designing the course (Corvette club does it one year, then the following year the Porsche club designs the course).

They've had this event for 12+ years; and the Corvette team has always won. Only once did a Porsche even singally have the lowest track time... but even then the Corvette group won the overall.

I always try to spectate this event; as you always see some fine Corvettes and Porsche's there.

But the excuses that some of the Porsche drivers spew... about losing... are hilarious
Old 06-17-2013, 12:56 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury

our local Corvette club (which I am not a member of) holds an annual "Corvette - Porsche Shootout" It's an autocross type competition where they each take turns designing the course (Corvette club does it one year, then the following year the Porsche club designs the course).

They've had this event for 12+ years; and the Corvette team has always won. Only once did a Porsche even singally have the lowest track time... but even then the Corvette group won the overall.

I always try to spectate this event; as you always see some fine Corvettes and Porsche's there.

But the excuses that some of the Porsche drivers spew... about losing... are hilarious
I can just imagine. I'll bet you've heard about the overall "Porsche Experience" that would more than compensate for any and all verifiable shortcomings. That one seems to be among the favorites of the trolls on this site.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
I dunno, Mr. Mayor. Remember 09 scud at the F board? There's one in every automotive forum. They stir the pot, and the pot always responds, even though the pot doesn't at all have to.

And an ignore button. Use it.

Never heard of him.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:23 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

if you don't like the C7 at all.... complain to GM about it.

this thread is not about voicing dislikes about certain aspects of the C7. It's solely about those that don't like the C7 at all - but (for some strange personal quirk) want to go into the C7 section and spew this total dislike.

You've been here for along time; you do know the difference between choosing to visit an enthusiast board... and also visiting a general car-review web site.

Deep down inside I believe you do know this distinction.
With due respect Mike, you are just another poster on here. You don't get to make up the rules as to what does and does not get posted. This is a pleace to discuss C7 - all aspects of it. The only ones with any authority are the mods, and they have made it clear they will manage content as needed. If you want to be the police, then you need to apply to be a mod and put the work in. Otherwise, your "instructions" are just another opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...
Old 06-17-2013, 01:38 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

While they may lose out each year to the Corvette, where did the Porsche owners spend their money to buy their sports car? Must be some reason they didn't walk into a Chevrolet dealer to spend their money for a sports car.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TTRotary
With due respect Mike, you are just another poster on here. You don't get to make up the rules as to what does and does not get posted. This is a pleace to discuss C7 - all aspects of it. The only ones with any authority are the mods, and they have made it clear they will manage content as needed. If you want to be the police, then you need to apply to be a mod and put the work in. Otherwise, your "instructions" are just another opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...
you ought to know me by now...I posted no "instructions"; you're just making that up.

I'm offering a definition of an "enthusiast" board, which CF is.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:51 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

lol I like P cars, I just cant cant make them work on a value basis. While I like comparing cars and I think its a natural thing to do on a car enthusiast site I do agree with the concept that its not productive to have users flogging an unrelated cars banner on a site specifically directed toward another.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by crabman
lol I like P cars, I just cant cant make them work on a value basis.
same here. Although I like many past & current models... I can't justify the greater expense. Years ago, I was this close to buying a 928 S4; but Corvette was an equal performer at about %35 less.

Corvette - especially the new C7 - is one heluva bargain.

Get notified of new replies

To New C7 Forum policy: Ignore Trolls

Old 06-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Vegas Sam
Pro

Received 287 Likes on 97 Posts

I'll throw in .02 here- How about once the trolls are gone, the baseless speculation threads die?
"How much for a clear bra on a car that isn't built yet?" or "How's the exhaust sound since no one's driven one yet but..."
Or the worry threads... "worried about XXX" .
Other than what's been released by GM, order status updates from pending owners, and the photos from folks who are nice enough to share them, there's little useful information floating around.
I like the C7, minus the rear, but that may change once I see one in person. I may even buy one down the road, so I'd like to see some real information once in a while.
Thanks, please drive through.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

@ Mike M, In post 45 you mentioned that what I was saying "wasn't an issue here". Well in post 57 you do the same thing, it has no reference to the thread whatsoever.

I get it though, you were just responding to crabman and that's all good. We all have our own way of registering data and we all have our own way of responding and none of us know each other which makes it even harder to dissect.

I just think we all need to chill and hesitate before we type. I will add and I've said this before, the use of terms such as fan boy, troll, hater and whiner do nothing but escalate a persons blood pressure. They are very demeaning terms and something you'd expect to hear out of a teenagers mouth...JMO!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Vegas Sam
I like the C7, minus the rear, but that may change once I see one in person.
For me, it's the least favorite part of the C7 as well. But overall - it's just one minor rock-chip in the paint; not enough for me to boycott the entire series.

I did skip the C6. Only when the GS wide bodies come out - were I able to give them a consideration. The C6 GS vert went a l-o-n-g way in improving the exterial appearance

For me though, the C7 was too near at that point... so I held up on a C6 GS purchase until I could see the C7. I could take either at this point; and if my finances deteriorate between now and April 2014, I just may purchase a low mileage GS Vert... and still be grinnin ear-to-ear.

Last edited by Mike Mercury; 06-17-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Quick Reply: New C7 Forum policy: Ignore Trolls