Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C7 Forum policy: Ignore Trolls

Old 06-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado C6
I have been trying to define a troll.. All of us are trolls if you think about it. Some of you jump on the thread as soon as I post. Are you just waiting for me to say something so you can respond. If so then you are a troll. We are all trolls.
Wrong.

A troll and individual who has little to no interest in a subject, but negatively comments on it only to start arguments.

In order for people like me to be a troll.. I would have to go to the www.porscheforum.com and post all day long in the Boxster section how much the Boxster sucks, that I would never buy one and do my overall best to put down the people who do purchase them. Like saying how they should only be sold to people with ovaries or men in same sex marriages.

Since I have little to no interest in a Boxster. I have no need to participate on a Porsche centered forum. Im interested in Corvettes which is why I participate on www.corvetteforum.com. Even on CF.com when I want to talk about my C6, I post in the C6 section. When I want to talk about the C7 I post in the C7 section. Many of the trolls on the C7 forum.. only come here to talk about their old C6. Since its the C7 section.. nobody wants to hear about your old C6. There is a dedicated forum for talking about the C6.. and it is NOT in the C7 section.

Last edited by Daekwan06; 06-23-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:28 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
lmao!!
For real!

This guy thinks a base model Boxster identical to what he claims to have on order just stole the show at LeMans. Absolutely unbelieveable, you couldn't make something up that stupid.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Bronzevette85
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
For real!

This guy thinks a base model Boxster identical to what he claims to have on order just stole the show at LeMans. Absolutely unbelieveable, you couldn't make something up that stupid.
I love laughing at the price of people's stupidity. Seriously, this guy must have such a bad case of superiority complex. Keep humoring us please, you're doing a great job of it.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Parker Corvette
Pro

DaekwanO6

Wrong!!!! I have an interest in Corvette and the new C6.5. I am just voicing my opinion about the new car. I have alo explained my feelings regarding my C6 and my experience with Chvrolet dealerships and a miserable club. All Corvette related.
I shared the news that I got rid of my C6 and why in order to buy something else

Face it. Everyone does not worship Corvette. I used to and I was their customer to lose which they did after many years of Corvette ownership.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Parker Corvette
Pro

Drums tang

I made it up and you took the bate.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:50 PM
bmacZO6
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been trying to define a troll.. All of us are trolls if you think about it. Some of you jump on the thread as soon as I post. Are you just waiting for me to say something so you can respond. If so then you are a troll. We are all trolls.
How about this; go the the Porsche forum and provide a link to this thread. Ask them what they think of your posts.

As soon as you have done than post back here with a link to that thread so we can take a look at what the Porsche crowd has to say. That could be real interesting.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:04 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

DaekwanO6

Wrong!!!! I have an interest in Corvette and the new C6.5. I am just voicing my opinion about the new car. I have alo explained my feelings regarding my C6 and my experience with Chvrolet dealerships and a miserable club. All Corvette related.
I shared the news that I got rid of my C6 and why in order to buy something else

Face it. Everyone does not worship Corvette. I used to and I was their customer to lose which they did after many years of Corvette ownership.
And only a troll would come here having no further interest in a car and continue to put it and its potential owners down.

Last edited by gthal; 06-23-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:07 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Drums tang

Perfect example!! This is exactly the definition of a troll... worthless posts to illicit a response (although I don't buy it that you made it up but that's a nice cover )

The bottom line is this... either you are a kid or a very immature adult because if you can't figure out that what you have been doing is simply childish behaviour, then there is no hope.

I'm done responding... I should have been done a long time ago but a skilled troll clearly sucked me in... here's to hoping you are different in real life when you aren't behind an anonymous keyboard. There are lots of folks here who do not share my views of the C7 but are absolutely not trolls... then there is you (and a couple of others).

Last edited by gthal; 06-23-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:10 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Drums tang

Nice try fender head. BTW it is bait, not "bate".

You really don't seem very intelligent. It doesn't seem as if someone of your mentality should be critical of the members here who are Corvette enthusiasts.

You seem angry and quite insecure. Hopefully you will find the "status" that you currently don't have. Unfortunately buying or leasing a Porsche will neither validate you nor adorn you with status.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:36 PM
v26278
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 91 Posts

Re: the title of this post

First, everyone is not going to ignore trolls. Everyone is not of the "turn the other cheek" variety, at least not all of the time. That is human nature. So trolls will get reactions, get fights going.

Second, CF is a business, part of a multi-million $ organization. So the question is: are trolls good for business? Likely they are, same as violence and controversy gets ratings on TV. It's interesting that some of the trolls are so well organized, motivated, and persistent, with such a deep well of detailed data readily available at their fingertips to extend debates ad nauseum, like they are professionals working for a cause. But whatever motivates these "pros", they inspire other lesser-polished trolls to jump in and give us the "amateur hour"

So if the trolls are good for business, they aren't going away, and neither is the pushback that they get
Old 06-23-2013, 07:37 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Drums tang

The way this guy writes and spells it appears he is either wacked out on meds/drugs/booze, or is suffering from some sort of dementia. If he has any friends following this thread I recommend an intervention and a referral to a psychiatrist. Perhaps he can get some help for his low self esteem.

I no longer consider him to be just a cognizant troll. It seems he has serious issues that need help, and my reaction to him has now changed from frustration to that of pity.

Drmustang is right - buying a Porsche may compensate for some shortcomings, but this is way beyond that.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:49 PM
humvet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There is only one troll on this forum and it is this... the rest are impersonators...
Old 06-23-2013, 08:00 PM
LouB57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drums tang

Ah, But The servant waits while the master bates.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
The way this guy writes and spells it appears he is either wacked out on meds/drugs/booze, or is suffering from some sort of dementia. If he has any friends following this thread I recommend an intervention and a referral to a psychiatrist. Perhaps he can get some help for his low self esteem.

I no longer consider him to be just a cognizant troll. It seems he has serious issues that need help, and my reaction to him has now changed from frustration to that of pity.

Drmustang is right - buying a Porsche may compensate for some shortcomings, but this is way beyond that.

....completely....
Old 06-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by CaryKen
I was reading this thread and shaking my head sadly when I noticed the animated banner ad at the top of the page. I recorded it with zero editing or photoshopping. I think I finally know why people are having so much trouble with basic civility and respect on this board. Apparently the Mars candy corporation has been monitoring these posts.

http://youtu.be/alvr9tuf2v0
Originally Posted by v26278
CF is a business, part of a multi-million $ organization. So the question is: are trolls good for business? Likely they are, same as violence and controversy gets ratings on TV. It's interesting that some of the trolls are so well organized, motivated, and persistent, with such a deep well of detailed data readily available at their fingertips to extend debates ad nauseum, like they are professionals working for a cause. But whatever motivates these "pros", they inspire other lesser-polished trolls to jump in and give us the "amateur hour"

So if the trolls are good for business, they aren't going away, and neither is the pushback that they get
Since it's not a physical place, there's never a physical altercation, no furniture gets busted, no cops get called, no neighbors complain. Must not be a problem.

The inability of a non-physical population to police itself is fascinating.

I wonder if people hopped up on troll rage click more ads and buy more stuff.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:52 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

This whole thread is really sad. Just puts the whole forum in a bad light. And the mods just sit on the sideline and do nothing. Just
Old 06-24-2013, 01:35 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by TTRotary
This whole thread is really sad. Just puts the whole forum in a bad light. And the mods just sit on the sideline and do nothing. Just
Possibly the mods appreciate a little help in the form of member feedback dealing with these types of situations? It seems to have worked our well as a joint effort between members and mods in dealing with some other well known trolls..........................
Old 06-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I could be wrong but, I don't think trolling is a means of anything worth stopping the thread or banning. I've seen far worse offenses. I've tried to have a mature conversation with Colorado, unfortunately he(as his posts confirm) is here purely for the troll approach. Several others have pointed out his hostile and intentional troll posts and subject matter. As the old saying goes, you have to give respect if you want respect. Colorado clearly does not want to be respected as a member of car enthusiasts. So I have completely decided not to give him respect. He acts like he is driving a 911 GT2 RS. He has the Porsche equivalent of a Chevrolet Aveo with the base engine. He is so proud to own a Porsche, that he gladly touts that he paid cash $70k for their most basic piece of equipment. I wonder if the Porsche experience is the same for him driving in the service department in his Cavalier convertible as the guy pulling in next to him in a Carrera GT. I highly doubt it. If the service is the same across the board then that either says something great or terrible about the Porsche Experience. I'm pretty positive the attention from someone pulling in service department at Chevrolet with an Aveo is different than the guy pulling in with a ZR1. Just sayin. And paying that much cash for such a basic car is just another example bad money spending. He said he doesn't care about speed. Really? So why not just go buy a used Boxster for far less? At least that way you look like less of a fool than a guy that just spend 1/4 of a mortgage on a brand new humiliatingly slow Porsche. A Camaro would slaughter his car and proudly do so wearing a bowtie. I'd love to see him go to a car meet such as Cars and Coffee so he can truelly understand how basic his car is, when the cars such as Corvettes, 911s, Vipers etc draw FAR more attention and command FAR more respect than his Cavalier convertible.

-Alex
Old 06-25-2013, 11:17 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by TTRotary
Yeah that's a good one.You tell the moderators what to do. They do a fine job here without your guidance.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:20 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
No, you have an order in for a 914-6 V:2.0.

See how easy it is to intentionally misrepresent something?

You are just as "juvenile" as those you criticize, and in fact are one who propagated that type of behavior long ago in many prior threads.

Get over yourself. You - and your new car - are no better than anyone else.
PERFECT!!!! 914-6 V:2.0!!!! Well played, young man!

To Colorado C6: You made your point a million times over a million posts. We all get it. Now, you are being a troll, pure and simple. And you're dragging down a very good car (Boxster) with you. Jeez, just shut up already. And to confirm, it is indeed spelled "BAIT", not "BATE" (which is not a word, to my knowledge). Your pithy little post about pulling one over on the assembled masses didn't work, because, sadly, you can't spell.

Jimmy

Last edited by jimmyb; 06-25-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New C7 Forum policy: Ignore Trolls