Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C7 Forum policy: Ignore Trolls

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 08:24 PM
C5-JIM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Colorado C6;1584214136]Let me respond to several of you.

V26278 My Porsche is shipping from a port in Germany today. It's not in the shop.

drmustang Just read the reviews regarding the Boxster and Caynman. They speak for themselves and for the car and me. We don't know how the C6.5 will pan out yet. One thing for sure it's ugly with all the vents glued on the

This is C7 FORUM not a C6.5 fourm or a boxster forum. If you can not call the car a C7 please go somewhere that has a C6.5 forum or go to boxster forum. I for one am tired of the BS that is being spread about a6.5 or a boxter. This is a C7 FORUM.
C5-JIM
Old 06-21-2013, 08:36 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I some of the dicks we've had to put up with here.
Now now BO, let's not call people names. Forum rules and all, ya know.

That said, you know what they say about ******, porcupines, and porsches.

At least we're in better shape: we only have to deal with old guys, golds chains, wax, and tail-light shapes. Oops, there I go again.

Last edited by TTRotary; 06-21-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:04 PM
LouB57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TTRotary
Now now BO, let's not call people names. Forum rules and all, ya know.

That said, you know what they say about ******, porcupines, and porsches.

At least we're in better shape: we only have to deal with old guys, golds chains, wax, and tail-light shapes. Oops, there I go again.
bwah hahahahaha

sorta old here (56) but don't look it
no gold chains (what kind of frikkin Italian am I?)
nO WAX.....

We don't need no stinkin round tail lights...
or Chrome....
or.......

seriously....this place can be like kindergarten
Old 06-21-2013, 10:24 PM
MKDFW
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche guys discussing the C7

Here is a link to the Rennlist forum where Porsche guys are discussing the C7. The thread has 1054 posts and counting. There is genuine enthusiasm for the C7 Z51.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...-corvette.html
Old 06-21-2013, 10:36 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MKDFW
Here is a link to the Rennlist forum where Porsche guys are discussing the C7. The thread has 1054 posts and counting. There is genuine enthusiasm for the C7 Z51.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...-corvette.html
interesting! very upset with the lack of manual tranny I guess
Old 06-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

This thread is worse than what the trolls are posting.

Michael
Old 06-21-2013, 10:47 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 06-21-2013, 11:11 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Is this thread still going?

BWAHahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:18 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

[QUOTE=C5-JIM;1584215877]
Originally Posted by Colorado C6
Let me respond to several of you.

V26278 My Porsche is shipping from a port in Germany today. It's not in the shop.

drmustang Just read the reviews regarding the Boxster and Caynman. They speak for themselves and for the car and me. We don't know how the C6.5 will pan out yet. One thing for sure it's ugly with all the vents glued on the

This is C7 FORUM not a C6.5 fourm or a boxster forum. If you can not call the car a C7 please go somewhere that has a C6.5 forum or go to boxster forum. I for one am tired of the BS that is being spread about a6.5 or a boxter. This is a C7 FORUM.
C5-JIM
Yes, have read quite a number of reviews on the Boxster/Cayman. The various publications all seem to have a common thread in their evaluation of these particular vehicles. They all seem to make the point of their significantly underpowered nature and painfull sticker sticker prices. Not a great endorsement at all.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:24 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Michael A
This thread is worse than what the trolls are posting.

Michael

Now you've done it. Bob's "first" passion is for trains. Wrecking them like that is sure to **** him off.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:44 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
You sir have a problem. I have not posted "ad nauseum" about Porsche. Go and find where I did and you will find you are mistaken. The problem with this section is that you cannot say ANYTHING, I will say it again ANYTHING comparing the C7 to another brand without people like you having a fit.
They made me do it! I'm innocent of any crimes!

I dig Porsches.....I'm just not stupid enough to yammer on about them on a forum devoted to corvettes...

Surely after the 3rd or 4 th post parading the superior "feel" of the porsche in a corvette c7 forum thread ?....clearly with any rational thought process know the topic diversion would get boo d..

If that's not you then don't sweat it....and for those that continue this ridiculous behavior under the guise of freedom of speech? What can anyone say other than consider reality

If your shocked and appalled maybe you tune into the vag ina channel.

Last edited by JerriVette; 06-22-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Parker Corvette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mkdfw. Thank you for the link to rennlist. You should not have shared that link with the forum. I read quite a bit of the 71 pages. Much discussion about no PDK transmission. Cheap interior. Same switches as in my truck, etc. read posts number 2 and 4 for a starter. Many comments about all the vents and Camaro rear end. Some said car looks like a transformer.
Are you sure you read this thread? And I did not see one cartoon head.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:21 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Mkdfw. Thank you for the link to rennlist. You should not have shared that link with the forum. I read quite a bit of the 71 pages. Much discussion about no PDK transmission. Cheap interior. Same switches as in my truck, etc. read posts number 2 and 4 for a starter. Many comments about all the vents and Camaro rear end. Some said car looks like a transformer.
Renntechs a great site...

I'm a member there and I respect those with their favored brand...

I consider it common courtesy to respect them so to speak in their house.

I behave that way in person and I do it on interweb forums.

The majority of Porsche loyalists love the new corvette but of course their are diehards that bleed driver feel of Porsches to their last dying breath...

I dig Porsches...and appreciate the owners well deserved enthusiasm on the iconic brand....

I still wouldn't go their and rant ad nauseum about corvettes are superior...

To do that and not expect a typing interweb conflict would be ridiculous...

What would be the value other then a desire for center stage of negative attention.

Maybe mommy didn't breast feed you long enough!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:56 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I see the jerks are back.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Parker Corvette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JerriVette

Corvette Forum is most active right now because Chevrolet has introduced the new C6.5 No PDK transmission in their state of the art car. It is natural for folks to post positive and negative comments about the new car. I am simply posting my opinion of the C6.5.

I have lot's of Corvette experience and feel that my comments hold value because of long time ownership of Corvettes dating back to 1975. I have owned a C1, 2 C3's, a C4 and a C6. I have a right to express my opinion.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:55 AM
bmacZO6
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Shocking..., you founds the posts you were looking for. You did notice a fair amount of praise for the C7.5 didn't you?
Old 06-22-2013, 10:03 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

JerriVette

Corvette Forum is most active right now because Chevrolet has introduced the new C6.5 No PDK transmission in their state of the art car. It is natural for folks to post positive and negative comments about the new car. I am simply posting my opinion of the C6.5.

I have lot's of Corvette experience and feel that my comments hold value because of long time ownership of Corvettes dating back to 1975. I have owned a C1, 2 C3's, a C4 and a C6. I have a right to express my opinion.
The C7 obviously doesn't need a Doublecumeister transmission or whatever its called to absolutely destroy your Boxster to the point where it flatly laughable. You wouldn't keep coming back with different versions of denial if that fact did not really bother you.

Give the cutsey little Boxster to your wife and get yourself a mans car that you don't have to constantly make ridiculous excuses for. The C7 is shaping up to be the Porsche worlds worst nightmare.

Get notified of new replies

To New C7 Forum policy: Ignore Trolls

Old 06-22-2013, 12:40 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Are the folks there upset the C7 (standard version) is faster at VIR than any Porsche tested there? It must be tough when the standard car is faster than the 911S and the previous GT3. When the hi-po versions of the C7 come out, there likely won't be a Porsche that will be able to keep up. That must be hard to take... it doesn't surprise me that folks need to try to pick it apart to help feel better If I just spent $125,000 on a car that couldn't compete with a $56,000 car from a performance perspective, it might make me insecure too and I might take up trolling as a pass time to fill the empty hole in my self esteem too.

I guess it's no big deal because you will likely just need it for driveway eye Candy and Sunday drives with the wife

Last edited by gthal; 06-22-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heath I have to point out a few things. Porsche makes 6 cylinder sports cars that are highly refined automobiles. Are they pricey, yes. Are some of the models not as fast as a fire breathing V8, yes. But are they much better fit and finish products with much better materials, yes.

Why is everyone so hung on this topic? They are both good cars in their own right, by no means are either of them the cats meow.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:49 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Heath I have to point out a few things. Porsche makes 6 cylinder sports cars that are highly refined automobiles. Are they pricey, yes. Are some of the models not as fast as a fire breathing V8, yes. But are they much better fit and finish products with much better materials, yes.

Why is everyone so hung on this topic? They are both good cars in their own right, by no means are either of them the cats meow.
I don't agree with your statement that they're much better fit and finish. My personal experience with them is that they are no better in build quality than a Corvette. They just happen to wrap things in nicer leather to make it appear this way. They eventually get rattles and creaking noises with age, just like the Corvettes. They still use lots of plastic, just like Corvettes.

Working at a Porsche shop for a few years was enough for me to realize how much of the stigma and rumors of Porsche quality was actually myth.

Quick Reply: New C7 Forum policy: Ignore Trolls