C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zero discount from largest Corvette Dealer - how will that impact market?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 06:34 PM
scooter68
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
So today the world's largest Corvette dealer for 19 consecutive years, and a forum vendor, will begin accepting 2014 Stingray orders. And they will do so at full msrp. A 500 car plus Stingray initial allocation and no discount offered.

How do you think that will impact the marketplace? Is this going to be the norm except for the few forum dealers who are discounting $500 to $1,000? Or, if Kerbeck is selling at msrp, will other dealers now go for markup or discount to get the business?

Call out west before you pass judgment- these guys are waaaaaaay over sticker. these big dealers with huge allotments should be commended for not going over msrp- Stanford, Kerbeck, Coughlin-
I have never had a problem getting one at list- right out of the gate.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:46 PM
sboxs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I look at it this way i get my car in early october paying list, the bargin hunter maybe gets his car next july at msrp -1000. next december both car are last years model and are worth the same $$. so did he get a better deal or did I get to have a corvette for 9 months for a thousand bucks ? Or the other option is they stay at list and he has to pay it 9 months later. I'm ok with option one
Old 06-05-2013, 07:53 AM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Rich Mickol
Ordered my 2005 in early November 2004 from Kerbeck and paid MSRP. By the end of November they were discounting them $2,500.

Don't know if that will be any indication of the future.
A lot of Corvette enthusiasts would gladly pay $2500 extra to be the first guy in town with a C7. And some would be willing to pay even more. Some people enjoy the attention a new Corvette will bring, and coming to CF and posting their photos, opinions, etc.

When that group of people have their C7s, the prices will drop steadily until we see business as usual again. And on CF we'll start to see the "my [insert car part] broke (or leaks, came off, is loose...) is anyone else having this problem?"

Cheers,
JB
Old 06-05-2013, 08:04 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

^^^^^ JB, you are sooooooo right !
Old 06-05-2013, 03:09 PM
2K3Z06
Burning Brakes

Location: KADS- If it has wings or an engine, I can break it. Dallas TX
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jb_va2001
A lot of Corvette enthusiasts would gladly pay $2500 extra to be the first guy in town with a C7. And some would be willing to pay even more. Some people enjoy the attention a new Corvette will bring, and coming to CF and posting their photos, opinions, etc.

When that group of people have their C7s, the prices will drop steadily until we see business as usual again. And on CF we'll start to see the "my [insert car part] broke (or leaks, came off, is loose...) is anyone else having this problem?"

Cheers,
JB
Well, it is a chevy. A nice one, but a chevy.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:14 PM
2K3Z06
Burning Brakes

Location: KADS- If it has wings or an engine, I can break it. Dallas TX
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
The dealer is not taking it in the shorts when he sells a $75,000 GS for $60,000. The dealer does not have that kind of markup in a Corvette. GM is giving him incentives($$$$$) to pass on to the customer that is included in that $15,000.
$12,000 off with a $3000 gm current owner, is $15000. I could care less how they "spin it". Kinda makes you feel bad for the 2012 GS owners who paid full price.

Every car salesman, always say they are losing money because they sell so cheap. Yet, some how they stay in business, year after year. There is a lot of room for negotiations. Good luck on your deal.

Last edited by 2K3Z06; 06-05-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:32 PM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by 2K3Z06
Well, it is a chevy. A nice one, but a chevy.
Yep, it's a Chevy.

And over in Europe, a Mercedes might be a taxi cab. A nice one, but it's a taxi cab.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:43 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

You guys have been through this before.....I know several dealers taking and getting orders for well over sticker, we are not doing that....

In the early stages of the launch, until the production increases, we as dealers have to deal with limited and VERY controlled availability …

As things change so will the pricing levels and we plan to flexible as soon as we can…for now, we can guarantee your car, no hassles, no games no excuses…and no markups!

Problem is, there is a distribution process and mathematically, everyone cannot be first and like some dealers I know, we are not ordering for stock and then play the games and then order your cars…Every car coming in is sold and I cannot thank you enough for your business.

I had a dealer take 40+ deposits to only find out he is only getting 2 cars…he offered $5K over sticker….I said no thanks, only retail clients that we can directly assist and do it right..in the hopes of continued opportunities down the road and referrals.

We spend more time right now over coming objections created by these other stores, it really takes away from doing business.

Do it right the first time…..

I have so many emails to get caught up on and by the mis information that has been posted here, so many customers are in panic for no reason…..looking forward to getting back on track and simply doing business.

LOOK FOR US AT THE 60TH CELEBRATION END OF THIS MONTH AND I WILL HAVE MORE OF THE COUGHLIN STINGRAY POSTERS..
AS YOU NOTCIED, WE WERE THE ONLY DEALER THERE IN APRIL AT THE BASH, LETTING IT BE KNOWN WE WERE THERE AND OFFERING YOU THIS SPECIAL POSTER FOR FREE!

THANK-YOU TO ALL THAT STOPPED BY!,
See you in a Few weeks
Rick

Last edited by RickConti@Coughlin; 06-06-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Tonylmiller
Race Director

Received 526 Likes on 343 Posts

You should be VERY happy to order one at MSRP.

Quick Reply: Zero discount from largest Corvette Dealer - how will that impact market?