C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now that we know the hp number is low why does everyone think they will up the power?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 03:30 PM
LouB57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hameister
I'm fairly new on these forums, about 6 months. But it's more than long enough to make this statement.

I have been on the Net since 1989...back then, there were BBS sites. Bulletin Board Services. They evolved into forum sites. I have many years of experience on forum sites, and have moderated a few.

One of the reasons I migrated here 6 months ago was the wealth of collective knowledge regarding Corvettes. It looked like a good place for me to learn. The other reason was my growing lack of tolerance for petty arguments, pissing contests, and the childish behavior of so many folks on other forums.

It seems to be pervasive on all forum sites these days. The level of education on this site seems to be a cut above the average. The financial stability of members here also appears to be some what elevated compared to so many others. Yet, the pointless bickering, and insults on these forums, are as bad as most every where else.

I won't be at all surprised if one or more people respond to this post by telling me to get out if I don't like it here, or some similar comment meant to insult, but that's ok.

I just decided to express my opinion, and I did....I feel better now.
Actually, I concur.
And education-intelligence, class/maturity are mutually exclusive.

It does get old. Agree to disagree. Everyone has a right to an opinion.
Just dont **** on everyone else's....
Old 05-29-2013, 03:33 PM
VinceJB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
They are definitely NOT trying to dethrone the Z06 with this stingray!

Too bad that would have sold more.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by JJC5
This C7 forum has especially gone in a south direction; more specifically this thread and a couple others. But I think it's mainly because of the anticipation and expectation levels that have been so high. If you go over to the Z06 and General forums, it's not like this. This C7 section will settle down, once the car has been out for a while. This forum really is one of the best ones.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I wish I could say it was just the C7 forum. Unfortunately it's not. I've seen guys that just purchased a Corvette come to this site to start threads, that ask a simple question such as which wax is best for their car, or the best tires, gas, leather conditioner, or oil.

Because many forum members have heard these questions so many times, they ridicule, make jokes, insult the OP, and in general do everything they can to make complete jackasses out of themselves. A simple link to a sticky on the subject, or a suggestion to Google the question would have been appropriate. Surely you've seen this many times yourself.

Hey, I'm fully aware of the fact that it's my problem, and I'll have to learn to live with it, or give up these forums. I was just getting it off my chest....a nice catharsis.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LouB57
Actually, I concur.

Wow, that makes three of us...maybe we'll start a movement.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:02 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Wow, that makes three of us...maybe we'll start a movement.
This is a great forum.

I've been on many forums over the years and this is by far the best auto forum that I have frequented.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by drmustang
Don't take anything personal from this guy. He is fighting with so many people here that he can't keep track of it all, LOL.
LMFAO! Who exactly am I fighting with here?
Big man with a keyboard!
Is this the part where a ~60-year old man plays toughguy and claims somebody wouldn't say something to his face? You're a joke. You were a joke on SVTP until you got banned and you're a joke here.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...
I just love some of the tools here who state that the HP is too low for a 50 grand car.
What would you want to know about the guy on the left? Sounds like you are interested in him. He might be the "partner" of the guy on the left. Sorry, I don't have his phone #. Was that a timely enough response for ya Guido?
You are the entertainment. You sooooo don't get it.
Oh My My, a trip in your cutesy little Boxster to do lunch. Do you have your nails manicured while you are there also.

Sounds to me like a trip to the drag strip in real mans car might do you some good Pal.
I can't wait until you Porsche humping trolls read the results of heads up tests between 911s and the new C7. Best start concocting your excuses now. It would be much easier if you guys became Corvette men. You might even consider giving up your manicures and white shoes!
Great post!

The C7 bashers that are Corvette guys will as you say fade into the woodwork. The guys that will endure the pain for years will be the Porsche boys. How would you like to sign on for a 70 some thousand dollar Cayman and later find a base C7 for 52K with a Porsche demolishing 475HP on tap.
Now you resort to answering your own posts. I'll bet you have some engaging conversations with yourself.

Truth is Sam , the majority of us have no problem with the back end of the C7. It is a long overdue change and a step in a new direction. Its not tough if we like it, it is tough crap if you DON'T like it.

Gotta give ya credit Sam, you never give up. Several months and likely over a thousand posts about how you don't like the C7.
Some of your colorful posts to various members on this board. You're a real peach, buttercup.
S.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:30 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
LMFAO! Who exactly am I fighting with here?

Is this the part where a ~60-year old man plays toughguy and claims somebody wouldn't say something to his face? You're a joke. You were a joke on SVTP until you got banned and you're a joke here.

Some of your colorful posts to various members on this board. You're a real peach, buttercup.
S.
That drpinto is quite the raging clown!
Old 05-29-2013, 05:02 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by LouB57
Actually, I concur.

totally!
Old 05-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Sure is nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Who knows....maybe some of this will rub off, and we'll start seeing some civility.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:15 PM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Okay...I'm sure adding 100hp won't increase any risk of failure, and if something in the drivetrain does fail, the dealer will be more than happy to warranty it for you.
So you'll mod the car, run the **** out of it, then sell it as a "stock" low-mileage creampuff?
Those "cosmetic flaws" are nothing but your opinion. And for whatever horsepower increases you get from modding the car, it still has the same old, outdated interior (and nav, and seats, etc.) and the same look that they've had for nine model years.
S.
Did you forget your Prozac today?

Originally Posted by Silver05GTO

The OP clearly thought the LS3 was underpowered from the factory to void the warranty within 600 miles of buying it and cracking open the motor for extensive mods.

Then he plans on removing the mods and selling it, lying to the potential buyer no less, that it's a "stock" car. A classless move but one that shows what the character of the OP really is.....that's pathetic.
Originally Posted by Silver05GTO

These haters are really pathetic, instead of being happy GM has released a base C7 with more hp, better interior, improved driving dynamics, etc, etc, etc, then the C6.....they can't stand the shot to the ego (they are driving yesterdays news) so to make themselves feel better....rag on the superior car.
Nope I just figured I'd save $20 grand and buy a car with about the same hp and no crappy DOD / AFM system. Either way I was going to mod the car, but the LT1 would be a far inferior modding platform with the AFM system on it. As far as my mods I will put it back to stock when I sell it because that is what people usually want when they buy a car. I have never lied to a buyer about anything that I have done to a car while I owned it, and frankly 90% of the time they found out they could have cared less. Several times people actually bought some of the parts from me because they wanted them to install back on the car

The real mental people on here are the ones who make personal attacks on fellow forum members while completely avoiding the topic being discussed in the thread. They call others a hater, jealous, dumb, or whatever else because they aren't smart and rich like they are lined up to pay MSRP for a C7. I feel sorry for anyone who actually thinks my "ego" is slighted because I just bought an end of run C6

Do you have any intelligent thoughts on the topic being discussed here? If not feel free to share any intelligent thought that might pop into your mind
Old 05-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Sure is nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Who knows....maybe some of this will rub off, and we'll start seeing some civility.
Really it is not bad here. It was far worse a few months ago but the Forum cracked down on the "stir sticks". By the way I noticed you referred to buyers of new corvettes having questions about wax etc. there are pages for the C6 for new owners of the current model. Plus other pages for maintence , modifications etc. on the, singular, C7 page it is all speculation because no one is driving a new Stingray. Personally I enjoy the back and forth between the C6 owners and the new buyers. All that will settle down when the cars are on the road and properly tested by the media.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by OBSSSD
Did you forget your Prozac today?
I guess you don't agree with my opinion, huh?
But hey...at least you didn't call me "stupid", "foolish" or a "sucker" as you have when referring to C7 buyers in general.
In the end, your choice to buy a heavily discounted C6 and mod it is nothing but your choice. It doesn't make you any "smarter" than somebody who prefers the new, updated C7.
S.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:54 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

You're a joke. You were a joke on SVTP until you got banned and you're a joke here.

S.
THAT is the important part of the post to me. Banned means something and goes to credibility nd not just a case of theatrics. Thx for the info.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:32 PM
jdhommert
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Didn't read the thread, but I'd expect an upgrade in 16 or 17 I think.

New Camaro comes in '16 and will surely have the LT1 and it will probably be rated at 450 or so..So they might bump the Vette by the next year. GM has shown lately it's not that concerned with HP like it used to be though.

A wild card that might make the Camaro team push for more HP, which could lead to or directly influence the HP rating is this--The '15 Mustang GT is supposed to come standard with 475hp. Now I know it's not a "direct" competitor and the Vette team isn't usually that concerned about the Mustang, especially the GT....however with the Stang supposedly being lighter, coming with IRS and having 20 more HP than the Vette AND costing 20k less....it could certainly steal some sales especially the midlevel Mustang with even more HP and a track inspired suspension(Boss/Mach 1 etc)

Just something to think about
Old 05-29-2013, 07:37 PM
85scott
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OBSSSD
Furthermore it seems very doubtful with the amount GM has invested in the development of the LT1 that the motor would be changed during the run of the C7. There's just no logical reason to expect a hp bump in the base C7 vette, and I think the 455 number assures that demand will drop considerably within the first model year..
Why not? About every other automaker plays this same game with powerplants whenever their new creations come out.

So bet on GM to also increase power approximately 25 horses after 3-4 years, in a mid-era power upgrade to attract more buyers.

GM's racing team will also want things to improve over the years.
And the only threats to these "improvements" are the usual enemies of the automobile, such as CAFE and/or $green$ insanity from Big Gov
Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 PM
ParisTNDude
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKTA
Have you raced the ZL1? Not a slouch in any category. Low 12's, high 11's in the 1/4 mile, 1.0 g on a skidpad and will probably lap your GS on a course stock for stock.
I certainly agree with what you've said here. I think the Camaro is overweight, but what they've done to the ZL1 and 1LE and now the Z28 is amazing and, oh, by the way, Ford has to be thinking, "dang, how do they do that?"

And...the 6A Camaros have had Cylinder deactivation for some time and have had no problem putting down some very respectable HP to the ground. With moderate bolt ons, my L99 Camaro ran under 12.5s and surprised plenty of manly 6m Corvettes on the drag strip.

Yeah, amazing isn't it. 460 HP is now low for a base Corvette?

I just love some of the tools here who state that the HP is too low for a 50 grand car. That's a good one for sure. I saw a base 911 on a Porsche dealers showroom last week with a $99,000 sticker and a murderous 350HP/287tq. Talk about that if low power for the buck in a sports car is the topic.
You forgot to mention that the Porsche guys say, "it has great feel when you drive it!" I wonder how it "feels" when a C7, C6 or C5 blows by them on the road course.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:11 PM
mws444
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harlold
What kind of crazy world do we live in where 460HP isn't "enough"
LOL.....America my friend! I Love this Country!!!!!

HP is just one of those things many of us can't get enough of. Now lets all sing the praises of the aftermarket and great Mods!

Get notified of new replies

To Now that we know the hp number is low why does everyone think they will up the power?

Old 05-30-2013, 06:43 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
THAT is the important part of the post to me. Banned means something and goes to credibility nd not just a case of theatrics. Thx for the info.
That's right. I got a time out on that forum for disagreeing with their resident car salesman and dealers who run the show there. They have their heard of sheep still convinced that full sticker price on a GT500 that has been sold for 8 model years by the tens of thousands is a good deal. I sharply disagree with that and was silenced for doing so.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:34 PM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I guess you don't agree with my opinion, huh?
But hey...at least you didn't call me "stupid", "foolish" or a "sucker" as you have when referring to C7 buyers in general.
In the end, your choice to buy a heavily discounted C6 and mod it is nothing but your choice. It doesn't make you any "smarter" than somebody who prefers the new, updated C7.
S.
Actually the C6 interior was updated in 12' with some nice touches - including the suede inserts on my 4LT. And I've never called anyone "stupid", "foolish" or a "sucker", but perhaps your inferiority complex is flaring up because some people are disappointed with certain aspects of the C7. All of your comments are inferred from your perspective - hence the "Prozac" question. I have never seen you contribute anything to any thread on here, but you are quite good with insults and arguing in general.

I guess everyone has their own gift or special ability right?
Old 05-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

That's right. I got a time out on that forum for disagreeing with their resident car salesman and dealers who run the show there. They have their heard of sheep still convinced that full sticker price on a GT500 that has been sold for 8 model years by the tens of thousands is a good deal. I sharply disagree with that and was silenced for doing so.
Bull.
You got banned because you had a meltdown, started name-calling and generally acting like a douchebag. You're still banned there, and hopefully, it's permanent.
S.

Quick Reply: Now that we know the hp number is low why does everyone think they will up the power?