Sponsored by:

Seat Availability ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Vols51
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Availability ?

My dealer has an initial allocation of 5 coupes and two verts. After my deposit two months ago I am number 2 on that list, and would like to order my coupe with competition seats. I was told today that by ordering the car with competition seats my position in line would be lost, and other orders would be processed with the dealer until that seat was available.

Can the order not be made with Chevy until the seat becomes available?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,107 Likes on 6,185 Posts

That is what would happen. Your order will sit until Comp Seats are available AND your dealer has an available allocation.

Your place in line is lost because the next guy on your dealers list that does not have a constraint will be scheduled and built. That process will continue as your dealer gets additional allocations. They will get filled with cars that can be built.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Vols51
Heel & Toe

Thanks for the reply.

Assuming the seat isn't available until after the dealer has filled their initial allocation orders it seems I may not get the car until sometime after winter. Guess I may end up going the GT seat route.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:54 PM
papillion
Safety Car

Received 2,380 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Default sittin' by the dock of the bay

Watching the other guy's car roll away. Availability = Constraint = Patience. Got any?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

The competition seats are not a "style" issue. We have all been warned they are not as"comfortable" as the standard seats. If you do track the car and do not mind the stiffer construction then I would advise you to wait. Time goes very quickly and you would be much happier if you wait.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

I am going to wait on mine...............comp seats with inserts
Old 05-21-2013, 06:18 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Vols51
My dealer has an initial allocation of 5 coupes and two verts. After my deposit two months ago I am number 2 on that list, and would like to order my coupe with competition seats. I was told today that by ordering the car with competition seats my position in line would be lost, and other orders would be processed with the dealer until that seat was available.

That is correct. Can't get something that isn't available. Why do you want the competition seat any way? It's meant for the track, and will not be nearly as comfortable.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Vols51
Heel & Toe

Ha, patience has never been one of my traits.

This is my first corvette and I look forward to taking it to the track (will also be a first for me). You're probably right about waiting. I ordered a Z51 CG coupe with MRC, so I suppose I should wait for the competition seats. I'm just nervous my dealer's allocation won't be (re)filled for some time.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

I want it the way I want it.....I will not compromise
Old 05-21-2013, 06:32 PM
ed1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vols51

The bigger problem I see is that your dealer only has 5 coupe allocated which will be spread out over 6-9 months. This means that if 5 people place a order with GT seats you want be able to get a coupe c7 with that dealer until after 9months from the release date. I would get my deposit back now and place my order with dealer who has a larger allocation. At least this way you know you will get one.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 691 Likes on 277 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default it's funny...

I am a soon to be 45 year old presumably adult male, and I am SO EXCITED to get this car which is replacing my C6 that although I would order the competition seats, spend the extra $2,500 to $3,000 with inserts, I am not willing to wait the 4 extra months to get them LOL. I am like a 7 year old that wants his dessert before his supper...

Patience IS a virtue, BUT I CAN'T WAIT so I will just have to "settle" on the Napa leather GT seats in the 3LT

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Availability ?

Quick Reply: Seat Availability ?