C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

May 23rd, will Chevy.com show scheduled?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 10:31 PM
H101
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default May 23rd, will Chevy.com show scheduled?

As I understand it, on Thursday the first consensus cycle for customer ordered cars takes place.

Any guesses as to whether lucky order numbers will move from "Order Placed" to "Queued for Production" on Chevy.com?

I suspect that is the day dealers get to interact and it will take a few days for the system to display their actions, but that step may have already taken place.

Anyone know?
Old 05-20-2013, 11:22 PM
pmonag
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called my dealer today and he said that he expects updated info on the vette either tomorrow or Wed. I'm guessing he's thinking of what's coming on 5/23
Old 05-20-2013, 11:48 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I suspect being there will be in excess of 900 orders placed during the first consensus that all will hit the first level above 1100 but the factory will sequence them through the production cycle in some form only known to them, but big dealers first orders will be some of the first processed and all orders submitted & accepted during the first cycle will have a TPW mid August or before.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:44 PM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by H101
As I understand it, on Thursday the first consensus cycle for customer ordered cars takes place.

Any guesses as to whether lucky order numbers will move from "Order Placed" to "Queued for Production" on Chevy.com?

I suspect that is the day dealers get to interact and it will take a few days for the system to display their actions, but that step may have already taken place.

Anyone know?
No, no orders wll change status on the 23rd. The consensus cycle runs from the 23rd through Monday the 27th. Any time during this period is when the dealers "consent", or agree, to take the product from Chevrolet.

After they agree to take the product, on the next Wednesday the 29th, they will be told what week they need to actually place orders for the car(s).

After the week when they place their order the car, then the status will change from 1100. Hope this helps.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:57 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by GM'er
No, no orders wll change status on the 23rd. The consensus cycle runs from the 23rd through Monday the 27th. Any time during this period is when the dealers "consent", or agree, to take the product from Chevrolet.

After they agree to take the product, on the next Wednesday the 29th, they will be told what week they need to actually place orders for the car(s).

After the week when they place their order the car, then the status will change from 1100. Hope this helps.
Very helpful. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by GM'er

If your order gets picked up during the first week of orders, your status will change from 1100 on Wednesday June 5th. Don't expect any changes before that.

If you are still at 1100 on that day, your order didn't get picked up that week.

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Get notified of new replies

To May 23rd, will Chevy.com show scheduled?

Quick Reply: May 23rd, will Chevy.com show scheduled?