Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 05-19-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
Blownls3
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

sjbrumley@verizon.net
Default C7 at Lone Star Corvette Classic

Ok, I may offend some people here. The C7 looks awful. I have seen it in person for the past few days at the Lone Star Corvette Classic. I bet the price for used C6's goes way up.
Attached Images

Blownls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
Stingray23
CF Senior Member

Click the image to open in full size.
Stingray23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
mpuzach
CF Senior Member

A lot of us like it a lot. People coming on here and saying it looks awful won't change that one bit. The good news is that those of us who choose to can buy one and you don't have to.
mpuzach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #4
lt4obsesses
CF Senior Member

Is that the Limerock Green? Looks good.
lt4obsesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:12 AM   #5
RocketGuy3
CF Senior Member

I'm probably not making a unique observation here, but it seems to be the case that 98% of the time anyone posts strong negative sentiments about the C7, they are currently C6 owners. Coincidence?

Also, I'll take your bet, Shawn. What are we wagering?
RocketGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #6
JustinStrife
CF Senior Member

Justinstrife justinstrife unholy z06
Send a message via AIM to JustinStrife Send a message via MSN to JustinStrife Send a message via Yahoo to JustinStrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Brumley View Post
Ok, I may offend some people here. The C7 looks awful. I have seen it in person for the past few days at the Lone Star Corvette Classic. I bet the price for used C6's goes way up.
Are you serious?

Lay off the drugs man. Seriously.
JustinStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:27 AM   #7
Sin City
CF Senior Member

I'm happy the OP feels this way.

I'll get mine sooner.
Sin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:57 AM   #8
jr3
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Brumley View Post
Nah,.. you got a better chance of hitting that $600Million Powerball.
jr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #9
Bill17601
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

The value of the C6 will not go up. This is not an opinion but an economical fact. When I get my new Stingray and sign the paperwork the value of my car will go down. Now 25 years from now you might see an uptick in their value. But you would be far better off buying stock.
Bill17601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #10
MikeyTX
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGuy3 View Post
I'm probably not making a unique observation here, but it seems to be the case that 98% of the time anyone posts strong negative sentiments about the C7, they are currently C6 owners. Coincidence?

That has nothing to do with it. We figured out long ago that a bunch of the haters were from the C4/C5 forums too. Part of it may be the looks of the coupe and or the color GM chose to bring here. It is extremely overcast, blah weather here in the D/FW area this weekend and the LRG color just doesn't seem to pop as it would in bright sunlight. I know the green on my C4 was that way. So is the green on my son's '08 Miata and he details the poo-poo out of it on a daily basis. Me, I'm waiting for the convertible.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #11
Bill17601
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I can understand the concerns of the C6 owners. I think it is unfounded. The C6 is an icon of the last generations. Because of the big changes in the New Stingray it has set a new standard in design which is obviously a departure from the past. Have pride in your ride but do not expect it to turn heads as it has in the past.
Bill17601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #12
DocHolliday
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm really surprised by the number of people who don't like the look of this car. I wonder how those opinions will change over the next several years.
DocHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #13
boraxman
CF Senior Member

boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #14
ALMS21
CF Senior Member

Put the new interior materials/design/layout in the C6 widebody and you have a simply amazing total package.

Passed a C6 GS and a C6Z06 on my may to dinner last night...that low widebody has such street presence. Not sure about the C7. Time will tell.
ALMS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #15
gthal
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I'm really surprised by the number of people who don't like the look of this car. I wonder how those opinions will change over the next several years.
I'm not surprised myself and I think the numbers (as a percentage) are relatively low. Whenever there is real change in anything there will be "fallout" so to speak. Change is hard. Change is controversial. Change, however, is needed.

So, if 15%+/- of current Corvette owners don't like the car (based on our unscientific polls here), that is, to me, expected given the evolution and change that has happened. Some of those people will change their minds over time and some won't. IMO, moving the car ahead and attracting new owners was important and I think that was accomplished. Expand interest in the car beyond the traditional customer base while keeping 85-90% of the existing customer base happy and excited. Again, IMO, that is a win for GM given the change they introduced. Those that don't like the changes will argue vehemently that it is a failure and, for them, that is absolutely true.

Let's wait a couple of years and see what the discussions are like here
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #16
JoesC5
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGuy3 View Post

Are you also aware that many C6 owners were also owners of C5's and C4's and C3's etc. Some of us have actually owned C2's and C1's. We have supported the Corvette by buying it over the years.

Why are so many C7 lovers not C6 owners? Why haven't they supported the Corvette by buying a C6? The C6 has been for sale for the past nine years. That's nine years for them to have stepped up to the plate and to have purchased a C6. Maybe if the non C6 owner had supported the Corvette by purchasing the C6 during the past nine years, the Corvette's sales wouldn't be a third of past Corvette sales.

Do the current C6 owners not have the right to have an opinion on the car they have supported for years with their wallet? Why is that you seem to think that those that show up at the party late, should only be the one's that can have an opinion, and those that have been actively participating in the Corvette lifestyle for quite awhile should sit down and shut up?

Last edited by JoesC5; 05-19-2013 at 09:47 AM.
JoesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #17
sam90lx
CF Senior Member

This is hilarious....C6 owners are *** chapped over the C7? Will you C7 nut huggers tell me what car you are coming from? Most likely C5 or older or base C6 that bought before the widebody came out or could not afford the Z version right? If so the C7 probably is the cats *** to you! I could afford what I want and could give a rats *** about my GS value....the C7 looks funny and has some serious issues compared to what I personally have now. I holding out hope the Z version is better.
sam90lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
sam90lx
CF Senior Member

I cant wait to hear you little girls crying when the C8 comes out! I will remind you of it when it happens.

Last edited by sam90lx; 05-19-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #19
Frankie2blue
CF Senior Member

I think anyone would be glad to take that bet. Prices of C6's are going to drop and keep on dropping. Put them all together in a car show and the C6 will no longer be commanding the attention. The number of people that don't like the C7 are in the vast minority, but unfortunately are among the most vocal here on the forums. It will take a while longer before they begin to realize that no one here cares whether they like it or not and that they feel the need to interject a negative into nearly every thread.
Frankie2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #20
sam90lx
CF Senior Member

Thats why I love forums, I cant state what I want when I want till im blue in the face and nothing you can do about it!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:14 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page C7 at Lone Star Corvette Classic