Sponsored by:

When will the first C7 be Delivered?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:02 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by lawdogg149
Becky on corvetteforum.com/articles/c7/ is giving updates on the forum. Just enter your order number she responds daily with updates.
See the thread here titled "TWP without checking with dealer!"

GM'er has been helping us right here
Old 06-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Dracla
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL-1

I tried it, but they don't have any info beyond the basics. No # in the system they will share, and no info beyond what I can get from the Chevy Order Tracking Site.

Any idea why the Chevy Order Tracking Site does not show a picture of the car exterior or interior?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Dracla
Racer

So now we hear they might start building C7s in June.

But surely there will be a QC hold on the cars, and then there is the issue of delivering 900+ cars all at once so dealers get the first allocation of C7s at about the same time.

It appears that the first C7s could make it to dealers in August. What could go wrong with this scenario?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:48 AM
C2C3C4C6
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

I put a deposit down on my C6 one year in advance of its release, had one of the first orders placed and took delivery on September 24, 2004.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Dracla
Racer

Originally Posted by C2C3C4C6
I put a deposit down on my C6 one year in advance of its release, had one of the first orders placed and took delivery on September 24, 2004.
I guess I'm wondering how it is possible to determine the place my order has now in relation to others, and when my order might be delivered to the dealer (then to me the same day).

Late September might be a good guess. But is August possible (realistically)?
Old 06-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Dracla
Racer

No advance on the Chevy Tracking Site, but the chat link says that GM accepted the order from Munday Chev. I'm told by Munday that I'm one of the first 5, but they are not more specific than that. I guess I'll worry until it is really delivered.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Dracla
Racer

I think I downloaded an image for my sign-in, so I'm testing it by entering another post. Sorry this does not pertain to the Q in this thread.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:13 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 271 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default hoping for mid aug, more likely sept

see title, my guess is in Sept... roughly the 900 dealerships that will get ONE will get them around this time... 2000 will get ZERO for the first 6 to 9 months

MacMulkin will get 250 over the 9 month period
Old 06-16-2013, 08:44 AM
Dracla
Racer

Originally Posted by AVETTE
see title, my guess is in Sept... roughly the 900 dealerships that will get ONE will get them around this time... 2000 will get ZERO for the first 6 to 9 months

MacMulkin will get 250 over the 9 month period
Sept is a good guess and I'm going to go with it. Where is MacMulkin located?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL-1

Originally Posted by Dracla
I tried it, but they don't have any info beyond the basics. No # in the system they will share, and no info beyond what I can get from the Chevy Order Tracking Site.

Any idea why the Chevy Order Tracking Site does not show a picture of the car exterior or interior?
Go back and read the full thread that ZL-1 referenced. There is a forum member (GM'er) that is looking up order numbers in the GM system and telling people what their status code is.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Dracla
Racer

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Go back and read the full thread that ZL-1 referenced. There is a forum member (GM'er) that is looking up order numbers in the GM system and telling people what their status code is.
I tried the chat line. They say they do not have a TWP for my order, although the Chevy Order Tracking site does show the "Order Placed".

Doesn't seem to be anything else I can do to get info except maybe try again next week.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

I tried the chat line. They say they do not have a TWP for my order, although the Chevy Order Tracking site does show the "Order Placed".

Doesn't seem to be anything else I can do to get info except maybe try again next week.
No, not the chat line. Ask member GM'er to lookup your order number.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Durnberg
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Just checked my order with Chevrolet Tracking. When I click on exterior view I now have a picture . It's some guy laughing his *** off and I moved from order placed to "you expect your car when?". The next stage is a saint with a halo and some crap about patience and virtue. At least I didn't get the picture of a vulture sitting around waiting for something to die. I think that one is reserved for the guys who missed the first allocation and have dealers telling them to hand over $5,000 and call back next year.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Dracla
Racer

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
No, not the chat line. Ask member GM'er to lookup your order number.
I sent him a message asking. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Suttleone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Oh wow... I was expecting to see my car in late August... Guess I'm waiting longer.
After years of working at GM in Detroit I can almost certainly predict that the official information will be wrong. If you want the real scoop on anything, wait around your office after hours and get friendly with the guy who empties the waste baskets. The cleaning guys are the real holders of all the accurate information.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Dracla
Racer

So now I discover that Munday Chevrolet (north Houston) is only allocated 1 Corvette in the first go-around. I guess the number of cars they sell every month has nothing to do with this process. It is based entirely on the number of Corvettes they sell which makes sense.

Munday says they have 25 coupes allocated, but most of them come later in the production cycle. So I'll wait longer for them to fill my order. Makes the car less valuable in MHO.

In your opinion is the C7 worth less if it is delivered later in the production year?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:46 AM
evilmonkey
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So now I discover that Munday Chevrolet (north Houston) is only allocated 1 Corvette in the first go-around. I guess the number of cars they sell every month has nothing to do with this process. It is based entirely on the number of Corvettes they sell which makes sense.

Munday says they have 25 coupes allocated, but most of them come later in the production cycle. So I'll wait longer for them to fill my order. Makes the car less valuable in MHO.

In your opinion is the C7 worth less if it is delivered later in the production year?
Absolutely. MSRP is only worth it if you get the car within 6-9 months of the start of production in my opinion.

Get notified of new replies

To When will the first C7 be Delivered?

Old 06-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Dracla
Racer

Originally Posted by evilmonkey
Absolutely. MSRP is only worth it if you get the car within 6-9 months of the start of production in my opinion.
I'm thinking it isn't even worth MSRP if it is delivered 2-3 months after the first car goes out of the dealership.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:04 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I'm thinking it isn't even worth MSRP if it is delivered 2-3 months after the first car goes out of the dealership.
In a poll of what people are paying, 33% of them are paying below MSRP, 63% are paying MSRP and 4% are paying above MSRP. I don't think any of them are expecting their cars to be delivered at the end of the 2014 model year.

Anyone that is expecting their car to show up in January or later should be working on a better deal from their dealer, even if they are currently quoted MSRP. Something like $2,500-$3,500 off MSRP, IMHO.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Dracla
Racer

Originally Posted by JoesC5
In a poll of what people are paying, 33% of them are paying below MSRP, 63% are paying MSRP and 4% are paying above MSRP. I don't think any of them are expecting their cars to be delivered at the end of the 2014 model year.

Anyone that is expecting their car to show up in January or later should be working on a better deal from their dealer, even if they are currently quoted MSRP. Something like $2,500-$3,500 off MSRP, IMHO.
I'm old enough to be suspicious of general poll info. I'm wondering how many people participated in the poll, and when they were expecting delivery.

But I think you are correct. There ought to be a discount for a later delivery.

How long will it be before GM offers a cash incentive to buy a C7, just like they do for so many GM cars? Food for thought, and when it eventually happens, it will be an indication of overall sales. And if it does not happen, that too will tell us something.

Quick Reply: When will the first C7 be Delivered?