Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #121
ZL-1
CF Senior Member
 
ZL-1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: IL / FL .
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg149 View Post
Becky on corvetteforum.com/articles/c7/ is giving updates on the forum. Just enter your order number she responds daily with updates.
See the thread here titled "TWP without checking with dealer!"

GM'er has been helping us right here
ZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #122
Dracla
CF Senior Member

 
Dracla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: The Woodlands TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL-1 View Post
See the thread here titled "TWP without checking with dealer!"

GM'er has been helping us right here
I tried it, but they don't have any info beyond the basics. No # in the system they will share, and no info beyond what I can get from the Chevy Order Tracking Site.

Any idea why the Chevy Order Tracking Site does not show a picture of the car exterior or interior?
Dracla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #123
Dracla
CF Senior Member

 
Dracla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: The Woodlands TX
Default

So now we hear they might start building C7s in June.

But surely there will be a QC hold on the cars, and then there is the issue of delivering 900+ cars all at once so dealers get the first allocation of C7s at about the same time.

It appears that the first C7s could make it to dealers in August. What could go wrong with this scenario?
Dracla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #124
C2C3C4C6
CF Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Glen Cove New York
Default

I put a deposit down on my C6 one year in advance of its release, had one of the first orders placed and took delivery on September 24, 2004.
C2C3C4C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #125
Dracla
CF Senior Member

 
Dracla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: The Woodlands TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2C3C4C6 View Post
I put a deposit down on my C6 one year in advance of its release, had one of the first orders placed and took delivery on September 24, 2004.
I guess I'm wondering how it is possible to determine the place my order has now in relation to others, and when my order might be delivered to the dealer (then to me the same day).

Late September might be a good guess. But is August possible (realistically)?
Dracla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #126
Dracla
CF Senior Member

 
Dracla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: The Woodlands TX
Default

No advance on the Chevy Tracking Site, but the chat link says that GM accepted the order from Munday Chev. I'm told by Munday that I'm one of the first 5, but they are not more specific than that. I guess I'll worry until it is really delivered.
Dracla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #127
Dracla
CF Senior Member

 
Dracla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: The Woodlands TX
Default

I think I downloaded an image for my sign-in, so I'm testing it by entering another post. Sorry this does not pertain to the Q in this thread.
Dracla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:13 AM   #128
AVETTE
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
 
AVETTE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 1999
Location: Greater Chicagoland Area IN
Send a message via AIM to AVETTE
Default hoping for mid aug, more likely sept

see title, my guess is in Sept... roughly the 900 dealerships that will get ONE will get them around this time... 2000 will get ZERO for the first 6 to 9 months

MacMulkin will get 250 over the 9 month period
__________________
Anthony C. (AVETTE)
"All of life's most significant battles are waged within the self."
2014 STINGRAY Z51 Coupe, Arctic White with 3LT, NPP, Magnetic Selective Ride Control, Adrenaline Red & Black interior, exposed carbon roof panel, black wheels, carbon black painted mirrors and spoiler, tinted windows, 7 spd manual with active rev matching, carbon fiber interior trim
AVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #129
Dracla
CF Senior Member

 
Dracla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: The Woodlands TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVETTE View Post
see title, my guess is in Sept... roughly the 900 dealerships that will get ONE will get them around this time... 2000 will get ZERO for the first 6 to 9 months

MacMulkin will get 250 over the 9 month period
Sept is a good guess and I'm going to go with it. Where is MacMulkin located?
Dracla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #130
Zymurgy
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!

 
Zymurgy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL-1 View Post
See the thread here titled "TWP without checking with dealer!"

GM'er has been helping us right here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracla View Post
I tried it, but they don't have any info beyond the basics. No # in the system they will share, and no info beyond what I can get from the Chevy Order Tracking Site.

Any idea why the Chevy Order Tracking Site does not show a picture of the car exterior or interior?
Go back and read the full thread that ZL-1 referenced. There is a forum member (GM'er) that is looking up order numbers in the GM system and telling people what their status code is.
Zymurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #131
Dracla
CF Senior Member

 
Dracla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: The Woodlands TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgy View Post
Go back and read the full thread that ZL-1 referenced. There is a forum member (GM'er) that is looking up order numbers in the GM system and telling people what their status code is.
I tried the chat line. They say they do not have a TWP for my order, although the Chevy Order Tracking site does show the "Order Placed".

Doesn't seem to be anything else I can do to get info except maybe try again next week.
Dracla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #132
Zymurgy
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!

 
Zymurgy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracla View Post
I tried the chat line. They say they do not have a TWP for my order, although the Chevy Order Tracking site does show the "Order Placed".

Doesn't seem to be anything else I can do to get info except maybe try again next week.
No, not the chat line. Ask member GM'er to lookup your order number.
Zymurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #133
Durnberg
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Durnberg's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2013
Location: Homestead Florida
Default

Just checked my order with Chevrolet Tracking. When I click on exterior view I now have a picture . It's some guy laughing his *** off and I moved from order placed to "you expect your car when?". The next stage is a saint with a halo and some crap about patience and virtue. At least I didn't get the picture of a vulture sitting around waiting for something to die. I think that one is reserved for the guys who missed the first allocation and have dealers telling them to hand over $5,000 and call back next year.
Durnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #134
Dracla
CF Senior Member

 
Dracla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: The Woodlands TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgy View Post
No, not the chat line. Ask member GM'er to lookup your order number.
I sent him a message asking. Thanks.
Dracla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #135
Suttleone
CF Senior Member
 
Suttleone's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2004
Location: Las Vegas - Winter Vancouver - Summer
Send a message via ICQ to Suttleone Send a message via AIM to Suttleone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM_Crash View Post
Oh wow... I was expecting to see my car in late August... Guess I'm waiting longer.
After years of working at GM in Detroit I can almost certainly predict that the official information will be wrong. If you want the real scoop on anything, wait around your office after hours and get friendly with the guy who empties the waste baskets. The cleaning guys are the real holders of all the accurate information.
Suttleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #136
Dracla
CF Senior Member

 
Dracla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: The Woodlands TX
Default

So now I discover that Munday Chevrolet (north Houston) is only allocated 1 Corvette in the first go-around. I guess the number of cars they sell every month has nothing to do with this process. It is based entirely on the number of Corvettes they sell which makes sense.

Munday says they have 25 coupes allocated, but most of them come later in the production cycle. So I'll wait longer for them to fill my order. Makes the car less valuable in MHO.

In your opinion is the C7 worth less if it is delivered later in the production year?
Dracla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #137
evilmonkey
CF Senior Member
 
evilmonkey's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Minneapolis MN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracla View Post
So now I discover that Munday Chevrolet (north Houston) is only allocated 1 Corvette in the first go-around. I guess the number of cars they sell every month has nothing to do with this process. It is based entirely on the number of Corvettes they sell which makes sense.

Munday says they have 25 coupes allocated, but most of them come later in the production cycle. So I'll wait longer for them to fill my order. Makes the car less valuable in MHO.

In your opinion is the C7 worth less if it is delivered later in the production year?
Absolutely. MSRP is only worth it if you get the car within 6-9 months of the start of production in my opinion.
evilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #138
Dracla
CF Senior Member

 
Dracla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: The Woodlands TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmonkey View Post
Absolutely. MSRP is only worth it if you get the car within 6-9 months of the start of production in my opinion.
I'm thinking it isn't even worth MSRP if it is delivered 2-3 months after the first car goes out of the dealership.
Dracla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #139
JoesC5
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Springfield MO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracla View Post
I'm thinking it isn't even worth MSRP if it is delivered 2-3 months after the first car goes out of the dealership.
In a poll of what people are paying, 33% of them are paying below MSRP, 63% are paying MSRP and 4% are paying above MSRP. I don't think any of them are expecting their cars to be delivered at the end of the 2014 model year.

Anyone that is expecting their car to show up in January or later should be working on a better deal from their dealer, even if they are currently quoted MSRP. Something like $2,500-$3,500 off MSRP, IMHO.
JoesC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #140
Dracla
CF Senior Member

 
Dracla's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: The Woodlands TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesC5 View Post
In a poll of what people are paying, 33% of them are paying below MSRP, 63% are paying MSRP and 4% are paying above MSRP. I don't think any of them are expecting their cars to be delivered at the end of the 2014 model year.

Anyone that is expecting their car to show up in January or later should be working on a better deal from their dealer, even if they are currently quoted MSRP. Something like $2,500-$3,500 off MSRP, IMHO.
I'm old enough to be suspicious of general poll info. I'm wondering how many people participated in the poll, and when they were expecting delivery.

But I think you are correct. There ought to be a discount for a later delivery.

How long will it be before GM offers a cash incentive to buy a C7, just like they do for so many GM cars? Food for thought, and when it eventually happens, it will be an indication of overall sales. And if it does not happen, that too will tell us something.
Dracla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 AM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page When will the first C7 be Delivered?
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2