C7 testing with competition

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:29 PM
RULEMKR
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by RC000E
Kind of strange that I find the windshield shape of the C6 so odd now. The C7 trimmed the windshield dramatically. Having been around C7's in Detroit, and now at the bash...from the front...C7 KILLS C6. This side view also...man, I love C6's, but C7 is gonna own those cars.

Opening my bar&grill next week...making my C7Z money!!!!!

Wow! Seeing these two cars together really helps in seeing the difference.
The C7 seems to really standout against the ZR1. And I love the Z cars so its not a c6 bashing.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:16 PM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nighthawk355x
I believe it, its called STATUS. You won't look cool at your country club jumping out of a vette in your penny loafers & plaid. I just can't see any other reason. Every time an exotic owner tries to justify their purchase saying "i bought it for the performance" I ask how many miles do you have on it? And the usual reply is somewheres in the 3k-7k range. The high dollar exotics are garage trophies for people to say look what I got.

Vette is a driver's car, its not built for manicured limp wrists that cry when they chip a nail on the "cheap pkastics". Case & point, think about how many times you've seen exotics pushed on a road course. Not that it never happens, but the difference is the guy in the vette will be back again next week.
Let me translate.
I hate anyone who has a nicer car than me because the best I can do is a Corvette.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Tinnit
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
[/URL]
Rowr! Does anyone else see awesome potential for the return of the C5-style FRC in that top pic? Looks like it'd be a sexy option! C'mon, GM, do it!
Old 05-17-2013, 02:46 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

I was here first ...

And no, the c4 first gen was not a "classic design" .. c1, c2 (all versions), c3 (+/- depending on the year), c5 were all great classical designs. The C7 will join them. The C6 was a step backward, argue it all you want, you will be wrong.

Even the C6 427 Droptop (the pinnacle of non-ZR1) looks boxy and terrible comparatively. And I'll admit, it was growing on me after nearly 10 years, then the C7 brought me back to my senses.
There's nothing to *argue* about, you are welcome to state your *opinion* all you want, it wont make it a *FACT* and it wont mean that anyone who disagrees with you is "wrong".

I could care less who was here first, makes no difference whatsoever, and putting down other people's cars (C4, C6) only makes YOU look like a spoiled little girl - in my humble opinion (IMHO).

Have a wonderful day
Old 05-17-2013, 02:49 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 523 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewelle
I simply just don't see it
These two car just seem vastly different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan06
Agreed.

It also pays homage to the '63 Stingray. Which is where this car pulled many of is visual cues & design language from.
Plus about 50 on this. If anything the styling is Stingray not Sting Ray.

One of the biggest styling cues on the older Sting Ray was the horizontal body line that ran front to rear and all the way around the car. The new Vette has similar styling of the newer Stingray with the hood, fender bulging, and more coke bottle shape.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:51 PM
AP
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice ...
Old 05-17-2013, 03:43 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by z edge
There's nothing to *argue* about, you are welcome to state your *opinion* all you want, it wont make it a *FACT* and it wont mean that anyone who disagrees with you is "wrong".

I could care less who was here first, makes no difference whatsoever, and putting down other people's cars (C4, C6) only makes YOU look like a spoiled little girl - in my humble opinion (IMHO).

Have a wonderful day
Well said!
Old 05-17-2013, 04:49 PM
nighthawk355x
Instructor

Originally Posted by PDCjonny
Let me translate.
I hate anyone who has a nicer car than me because the best I can do is a Corvette.
Someone got butt-hurt by what I said. Whatever helps you sleep bro. I'm a jealous fool wtf can I say. Too bad I'm right. I have nothing but respect for a ferrari as a car, I just think nothing but show-offs drive them, and in all honsety, if I had the money for it I'd rather save myself half of it, buy a ZR1, mod it, pull it out of the garage, and take a ferrari apart where it matters, ON THE ROAD & TRACK. Paying a quarter million for a car does nothing for me. I'm a numbers man, show me speed & handling. If I spend $100k and run circles around the jokers with $200k+ cars I'll laugh all the way to the bank.

And let me add to my statement, no offense is intended by my "opinion". If you're a person that owns a supercar and you DRIVE IT, then you have my respect. If you have a garage queen trophy wife of a car, you're a joke. Stop trying to bench race and talk about how "superior" your ferrari/lambo/mclaren/audi is to the vette because in reality you have NO CLUE.

Last edited by nighthawk355x; 05-17-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:31 PM
NSTG8R
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a wonderful day
Take your BS somewhere else.
Yah, I'm spoiled, that's great. I'll pass that along.

I hate to point it out, but it's you who said take my "BS" else where and started attacking me - so my response, I don't have to .. I was here first. .. if you don't like me sharing my opinion (facts, non-facts, opinions, non-opinions, arguments, non-arguments, or whatever other passive aggressive garbage you're putting out there), than leave.

And for the record, I'm not putting down anybody's car - I'm calling out GM as a manufacturer. They dropped the ball on the C6 and it's well documented. I called it from the day I saw it back in 2004 and it hasn't changed. Do I need to bother pulling up the resources to support this "non-fact" to appease you? (and so you know, it's rhetorical, please don't respond).

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Well said!
So congratulations, you have the support of 1 individual on this forum (a likely c6 owner, or maybe even more likely an 90s era Mustang owner) who also doesn't know any better - it doesn't further your "non-argument."

Frankly, if you can't be objective (which is all I'm being), well then one might construe your statements and point of view as those of somebody that is being willfully ignorant.

I hope you have an amazing weekend. Please get out and grab some of the sunshine!

and back on topic - The C7 is amazing but it's not a Ferrari nor should it attempt to be one.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:51 PM
UberVette
1st Gear

I caught that lead photo of the supercars wiaiting for the light to change..

I retired out of GM's MPG almost 15 yrs ago, and waited myself at that light

But I am far away in the islands now...Endless Summer!

Last edited by UberVette; 05-17-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:22 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
I don't wanna bust the Ferrari lovers piñata here but the C7 is far better looking. The back side of that Ferrari is atrocious. Sure hope that car is fast as it ain't makin it on looks.
Don't want to disturb your reality but you can't compare the two cars. If you get a chance to drive a 458 do so and tell us how it compares to your C7 when you get it.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:30 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,148 Likes on 5,983 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinnit
Rowr! Does anyone else see awesome potential for the return of the C5-style FRC in that top pic? Looks like it'd be a sexy option! C'mon, GM, do it!
I wish they would... looks so cool. But it won't happen as the fastback roof line is better aero wise. The whole point of the original FRC roof was to ditch the giant piece of glass in the coupe's rear hatch for weight.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:50 AM
Tinnit
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
I wish they would... looks so cool. But it won't happen as the fastback roof line is better aero wise. The whole point of the original FRC roof was to ditch the giant piece of glass in the coupe's rear hatch for weight.
Bah. You're probably right. That's too bad.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:32 PM
bouthie
Heel & Toe

Default Laguna Blue

I understand the C7 is being offered in laguna blue, i wonder if it will be the same luguna blue color that my 66 coup is?