Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
curvesman
CF Senior Member
 
curvesman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2004
Location: Monroe New York
Default Night race blue

on the edge about putting an order in and the night race blue looks pretty interesting! When I was at the Auto show in NYC they had many cars with a dull flat finish that I did not like. Hope the night race blue is not like that.
curvesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
1985 Corvette
CF Senior Member
 
1985 Corvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Send a message via AIM to 1985 Corvette
Default

It pops more in person than in pictures. Maybe it was the light I was looking at it in but it has a very cool effect of looking like multiple colors. Very pretty color although I do miss the dark blue metallic they offered in 1988. It looked black until you got it in the right light then you saw the dark blue hues. Night Race Blue reminds me of that.
1985 Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
TRAKCAR
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2013
Default

My choice is night race blue.
Trying to decide black or brownstone.
TRAKCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
talon90
Moderator
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10
Support Corvetteforum!
 
talon90's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2002
Default

It is a dark blue with a nice metallic. Not a flat finish at all.

Here are a couple of photos on the convertible:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
talon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
mpuzach
CF Senior Member
 
mpuzach's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: La Center WA
Default

One thing to remember about Night Race Blue is that it's very dark. Unless it's in direct sunlight, it comes very close to looking like Carbon Flash Metallic which is metallic black. Before ordering Night Race Blue, you'd be wise to see it in person. The good news is that it was also available on 2013 Corvettes so finding one to look at shouldn't be too difficult.
mpuzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
vankenn
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2012
Default

Yes it's very dark. I thought it was dark grey when I saw it from a distance
vankenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
RPOZ51
CF Senior Member
 
RPOZ51's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2003
Location: For the strength of the pack is the wolf . . . . . . and the strength of the wolf is the pack.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvesman View Post
on the edge about putting an order in and the night race blue looks pretty interesting! When I was at the Auto show in NYC they had many cars with a dull flat finish that I did not like. Hope the night race blue is not like that.
The C7 convertible at the NY Auto Show was Night Race Blue.

Even though that car popped under the lights, I don't think the lighting there gave a true feel for how the car really looks in the wild.

I had to ask the spokesmodel, "Is this car Night Race Blue? Is this the same Night Race Blue as on the C6?"

It really did look nice under the lights, and it went well with the black painted rear valance.

Good luck with whatever you decide!




Quote:
Originally Posted by mpuzach View Post
One thing to remember about Night Race Blue is that it's very dark. Unless it's in direct sunlight, it comes very close to looking like Carbon Flash Metallic which is metallic black. Before ordering Night Race Blue, you'd be wise to see it in person. The good news is that it was also available on 2013 Corvettes so finding one to look at shouldn't be too difficult.
This is the best description, and advice, regarding NRB. Both are right on.

In fact, I think it was one of your posts in C6 Gen, when NRB first came out, that influenced me to take a ride down to Criswell. I was able to see it on a bright sunny day, with some passing clouds - and - it was parked near a Carbon Flash.

That look was the major reason that I ultimately decided to trade my LeMans Blue to Mike for a Carlisle Blue, and not a NRB.

RPOZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
TorqueDriver
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: Westminster Maryland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvesman View Post
on the edge about putting an order in and the night race blue looks pretty interesting! When I was at the Auto show in NYC they had many cars with a dull flat finish that I did not like. Hope the night race blue is not like that.
I'm trying to decide between the Night Race Blue & Black.
I'll have to try and compare the colors on some of the C6 models in person.
TorqueDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #9
tuxnharley
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
tuxnharley's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: Los Gatos California
Default

It varies depending on the lighting. It looks almost black in the shade or indoors, dark blue in direct sunlight, and almost purple under sodium vapor (yellow) street lights at night!

It's cool color, and probably either it or Laguna Blue would be the choices to replace my LMB C6 if I get a C7 anytime soon. I am leaning towards NRB since the dark color hides the tacky looking black vents and rear diffuser.

tuxnharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #10
TorqueDriver
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: Westminster Maryland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxnharley View Post

I am leaning towards NRB since the dark color hides the tacky looking black vents and rear diffuser.

Do you think that black would be any more effective at doing that?
TorqueDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #11
Premmer
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon90 View Post
It is a dark blue with a nice metallic. Not a flat finish at all.

Here are a couple of photos on the convertible:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Can someone ID the wheels on this car, ZR51?
Premmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
TorqueDriver
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: Westminster Maryland
Default

I believe the Z51 wheels have the double fork configuration that I personally prefer.
TorqueDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #13
talon90
Moderator
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10
Support Corvetteforum!
 
talon90's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premmer View Post
Can someone ID the wheels on this car, ZR51?
Optional "Torque" wheels in painted finish. These are Z51 size.
talon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #14
TorqueDriver
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: Westminster Maryland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon90 View Post
Optional "Torque" wheels in painted finish. These are Z51 size.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm learning all the time.
TorqueDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #15
tuxnharley
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
tuxnharley's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2004
Location: Los Gatos California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDriver View Post
Do you think that black would be any more effective at doing that?
Hmm - well I think it depends on the lighting. In direct sunlight, yes, although only to a small degree of difference. In other indirect lighting, I think the contrast would be essentially equal between the two.

For me, it's a matter of the amount of contrast between the body color and the vents/diffuser. I do not care for the lighter body colors in that regard, but am OK with the darker colors - NRB, black, or Cyber Gray.

Attached Images
  
tuxnharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #16
Premmer
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon90 View Post
Optional "Torque" wheels in painted finish. These are Z51 size.
5YU LPO, Torque directional chrome aluminum 19" (48.3 cm) front and 20" (50.8 cm) rear wheels, includes wheels, center caps, lug nuts and caps and wheel lock kit. Genuine Corvette Accessory.

Don't see the painted version of this wheel listed in the order guide?
Premmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #17
TorqueDriver
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: Westminster Maryland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxnharley View Post
Hmm - well I think it depends on the lighting. In direct sunlight, yes, although only to a small degree of difference. In other indirect lighting, I think the contrast would be essentially equal between the two.

For me, it's a matter of the amount of contrast between the body color and the vents/diffuser. I do not care for the lighter body colors in that regard, but am OK with the darker colors - NRB, black, or Cyber Gray.

Appreciate the input. I'm considering the same three darker paint choices for exactly the same reason.
TorqueDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #18
talon90
Moderator
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10
Support Corvetteforum!
 
talon90's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premmer View Post
5YU LPO, Torque directional chrome aluminum 19" (48.3 cm) front and 20" (50.8 cm) rear wheels, includes wheels, center caps, lug nuts and caps and wheel lock kit. Genuine Corvette Accessory.

Don't see the painted version of this wheel listed in the order guide?
That's because they aren't in the order guide that was leaked (posted all over the internet). Lot's of prototypes are made and then go through a series of tests prior to be made available for ordering. This is just a painted variant of the 5YU wheel as published.
talon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #19
flange
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14
 
Member Since: Aug 2012
Default

go to the c6 section and search for my thread from last weekend. it called finally a few decent pics. I would copy and paste the link, but haven't figured out how to do it yet on this windows eight tablet. it may help you decide. the nrb looks great in person on sunny days, other than that it mind F***s you.
flange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #20
talon90
Moderator
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10
Support Corvetteforum!
 
talon90's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flange View Post
go to the c6 section and search for my thread from last weekend. it called finally a few decent pics. I would copy and paste the link, but haven't figured out how to do it yet on this windows eight tablet. it may help you decide. the nrb looks great in person on sunny days, other than that it mind F***s you.
Here is your thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...f-the-nrb.html
talon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:01 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page Night race blue
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2