C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you think you ordered a C7, think again

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 11:29 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by speedlink
You can't order something that isn't being produced yet. Your dealer can take an order based on how many allocations he is getting from the factory. Until production actually begins, slated for July, actual orders from the dealer cannot be accepted.
How difficult is it to enter my name in the system, get me to fill out what options and color I would like, take my deposit and when everything is ready to go hit the submit button? Amazing things these computers are, they store information and send that info wherever it needs to go whenever the operator wishes to do so.

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Actually, there's an easy fix for that - just give all of the initial allocation in the first 6 months to dealers in the sunbelt states!

Problem solved!
Yeah buzz off Californian.

Originally Posted by AORoads
I understand your issues, but why don't you start where it can count the most? If GM Canada wanted a change, based on input, maybe changes would happen. It doesn't seem as if enough potential buyers and current owners work cohesively on the GM management there. Change is great but it usually starts from local (or country) initiation.
The key words being GM Canada, meaning all part of one company. The Corvette may not be the biggest seller here but there are plenty of products that do do well here and once again does GM the company remember the 9.3 billion dollar bailout the Canada loaned them? Don't brush Canada off as a mere annoyance, we do more for GM than most people realize.

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Get used to it. GM Canada sells so few Corvettes that the marketing end of the business does not care. You are better of waiting a year and buying a used one in the US.
Get used to it huh, well it's pretty difficult to get used to getting f'kd up the butt time and time again. I will not buy a US car, I like my 300 km/h speedo.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:11 AM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought this might get some 'motors revved up', but the PASSION for the C7 is pretty clear. I tend to agree with the statements that this could have been done better. When my dealer, who I do trust, says "come on in and place your order", I should safely assume that they too will be placing that order with GM. I was pretty blunt about my feelings towards their inability to take a real order, and the potential waste of time that they both caused for me, and others who have given them a deposit. Coincidentally, I was in that day with my 3500 Silverado Dually for an oil change. The GM picked up my tab as a show of good-faith ($ 121.00), and apologized for the mis-understanding. I didn't expect that, but I accepted it.

I'll wait, and maybe the extra time will give me better perspective on whether or not I'll take that 2nd spot on their list. I may pass . . . time will tell.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:42 PM
VADanno
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL-1
Guys in Florida and California are confused by this statement ...
Don't leave out Texas! We are a huge Corvette market, and get to drive our cars year round...unless you don't like driving when it's over 100 degrees. In that case, you only drive at night from June to September.

Quick Reply: If you think you ordered a C7, think again