Questions about a few options?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 10:08 AM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Questions about a few options?

Greetings:
I am a newbie to this thread, but am very appreciative for all the great information and suggestions posted. Im very active in the Mercedes Forums and have really enjoyed sharing my Mods to other members. Its a great format for car enthusisats!

Long story short, I am adding to our collection and purchasing a new c7 but have a few (maybe naive) questions Im trying to get answers to so that I have a good knowledge set when I place my order this week.

1) Are the tires in the Z51 Package suitable for everyday driving and navigating through rain and such?

2) Does the standard 1LT Package come with any theft-deterrent or security system (I know they include an "advanced" variation of it on the 2LT/3LT)?

3) Does the standard 1LT Package come with any electronic seat adjustments (I know they include a variation of it on the 2LT/3LT)?

4) Since this is my first vette, are there any must have options you would recommend (keeping in mind this car will not be my primary drive).

Thanks all!!! Much appreciated

Last edited by BPhillyc8; 05-03-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
Greetings:
I am a newbie to this thread, but am very appreciative for all the great information and suggestions posted. Im very active in the Mercedes Forums and have really enjoyed sharing my Mods to other members. Its a great format for car enthusisats!

Long story short, I am adding to our collection and purchasing a new c7 but have a few (maybe naive) questions Im trying to get answers to so that I have a good knowledge set when I place my order this week.

1) Are the tires in the Z51 Package suitable for everyday driving and navigating through rain and such?

2) Does the standard LT1 Package come with any theft-deterrent or security system (I know they include an "advanced" variation of it on the LT2/LT3)?

3) Does the standard LT1 Package come with any electronic seat adjustments (I know they include a variation of it on the LT2/LT3)?

4) Since this is my first vette, are there any must have options you would recommend (keeping in mind this car will not be my primary drive).

Thanks all!!! Much appreciated
Welcome to the forum and the Corvette family.

1. Yes, the Z51 tires will be ok in rain and inclement weather. They are performance tires and you should always take caution when driving with performance tires in rain. They are "summer" tires and you will need to take it easy in cold temps as they will be a little stiff and slick when it gets cold but drive more with your brain than your right foot and you will be fine.

Not to nit pick but it is 1LT. LT1 is a motor, 1LT, 2LT and 3LT are trim level RPO codes.

2. Yes, there is a built in theft deterrent system. The Fob rolling code system alone will make theft of the car difficult but you will also get a honking horn and flashing lights if it is locked and someone attempts to gain entry.

3. The 1LT trim package comes with 8 way power adjustable seats (forward, backward, up and down, tilt forward, tilt backward and reclining seat back forward and backward on both the driver and passenger seats. The move to the 2LT adds power lumbar and side bolster adjustment to the seats.

Not naive questions at all. The only bad question is the one never asked. Everyone here was new at one point or another and everyone needed help.

Miles of smiles,
Paul

Last edited by talon90; 05-03-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Paul gives good answers.

Number 4 is a tough one. I think in choosing LT1 you've excluded HUD, which is really slick. It gives the car that fighter-jet mystique. It will be the thing your car-mag-browsing friends will ask to see, and the thing you'll most want to show off (at rest). That's my opinion, anyway.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:17 AM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Thanks so much. Really psyched...appreciate all the help. My dyslexia kicked in. Went back and changed it. Ha.
Best,
Brian

Originally Posted by talon90
Welcome to the forum and the Corvette family.

1. Yes, the Z51 tires will be ok in rain and inclement weather. They are performance tires and you should always take caution when driving with performance tires in rain. They are "summer" tires and you will need to take it easy in cold temps as they will be a little stiff and slick when it gets cold but drive more with your brain than your right foot and you will be fine.

Not to nit pick but it is 1LT. LT1 is a motor, 1LT, 2LT and 3LT are trim level RPO codes.

2. Yes, there is a built in theft deterrent system. The Fob rolling code system alone will make theft of the car difficult but you will also get a honking horn and flashing lights if it is locked and someone attempts to gain entry.

3. The 1LT trim package comes with 8 way power adjustable seats (forward, backward, up and down, tilt forward, tilt backward and reclining seat back forward and backward on both the driver and passenger seats. The move to the 2LT adds power lumbar and side bolster adjustment to the seats.

Not naive questions at all. The only bad question is the one never asked. Everyone here was new at one point or another and everyone needed help.

Miles of smiles,
Paul

Last edited by BPhillyc8; 05-03-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:21 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

If you can, I would get option "NPP" two mode exhaust. It gives you a louder exhaust option, and about 6 more HP (official numbers not yet announced).
Old 05-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,088 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by elegant

If you can, I would get option "NPP" two mode exhaust. It gives you a louder exhaust option, and about 6 more HP (official numbers not yet announced).
Your right about that.

I have the NPP exhaust on my 2011 GS, and it has 3.5" stainless outlet pipes.

I have read that the C7 will have 4" stainless outlet pipes with the NPP option ... that may not seem like much more, but it will make for a difference in size that you will definitely notice!

Last edited by Turbo6TA; 05-03-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Boil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not 'NPP' now, but 'VTPE'…

Variable Tuned Performance Exhaust…

And as stated above, you have to get the 2LT trim level package to get the HUD; which, in my opinion, is one of the two main reasons to get the mid-level trim package (the other being the upgraded stereo system)…
Old 05-03-2013, 07:19 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Thanks everyone!!! I just got back from Bryner Cheverolet with my order in hand!!! Got it for MSRP (I am fine with that for this car!). I am #2 in line for Coupe deliverys. FYI for anyone interested in the Philly area...Fred Beans wanted 10k above MSRP, Carfagno wanted 5k above MSRP. What a bunch of weasils. Bryner was fast, easy and pleasent. Ask for Reena!

Thanks again to all members of this forum. I appreciate all the feedback and information that was available. It really helped me out.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Thanks everyone!!! I just got back from Bryner Cheverolet with my order in hand!!! Got it for MSRP (I am fine with that for this car!). I am #2 in line for Coupe deliverys. FYI for anyone interested in the Philly area...Fred Beans wanted 10k above MSRP, Carfagno wanted 5k above MSRP. What a bunch of weasils. Bryner was fast, easy and pleasent. Ask for Reena!

Thanks again to all members of this forum. I appreciate all the feedback and information that was available. It really helped me out.
What did you get and why?
Old 05-03-2013, 07:30 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Glad it went well. MSRP is good for now.

So tell us, what did you order? What color comb? And as always, you will hear on this forum, when you take delivery pics are a must.

Welcome to the family and the forum. Keep asking questions, we will always do our best to help.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:34 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sin City
What did you get and why?
Since I already have a new Benz E series and nice SUV...I figured I would make this my weekend car so I didnt go nuts. Went Coupe, Cyber Gray, 1LT Trim, Jet Black Interior, Z51Package, 6 Speed Auto with Paddle Shifters and Remote Start, NAV. Total $55,945.00!!! I am very happy!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Since I already have a new Benz E series and nice SUV...I figured I would make this my weekend car so I didnt go nuts. Went Coupe, Cyber Gray, 1LT Trim, Jet Black Interior, Z51Package, 6 Speed Auto with Paddle Shifters and Remote Start, NAV. Total $55,945.00!!! I am very happy!!!
Wow that's great!

This car comes with a lot of standard stuff.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:37 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by speedlink
Glad it went well. MSRP is good for now.

So tell us, what did you order? What color comb? And as always, you will hear on this forum, when you take delivery pics are a must.

Welcome to the family and the forum. Keep asking questions, we will always do our best to help.
Thanks!!! I am very active on the Benz site, so I fugure this will become a regular stop for me. Its amazing how much information is available here that Joe Consumer doesnt get. Very helpful
Old 05-03-2013, 07:42 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You are in for a true automotive treat!!! Start exercising your grinning muscles so you don't strain/sprain anything when you get your Vette!!! Welcome !!!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,088 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Boil
It is not 'NPP' now, but 'VTPE'…

Variable Tuned Performance Exhaust
That may be true, but the option code is still 'NPP' (as it was before)
Old 05-03-2013, 08:11 PM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

BPhillyc7, welcome to a great Forum. Now that you've ordered a C7 you should take a little trip to the Corvettes at Carlisle Show the end of August in Carlisle, Pa. A great Show with Corvettes from all generations. And there will be C7's there in probably every color along with the Corvette Manufacturing Team to answer all you questions. If you take delivery of yours by then take it there and park on site along with hundreds of other Corvettes. Only a short 100 mile drive from Philly!

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/corvettes/

Take a copy of your Order Sheet with you and the Corvette Team will gladly autograph it for you.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ
BPhillyc7, welcome to a great Forum. Now that you've ordered a C7 you should take a little trip to the Corvettes at Carlisle Show the end of August in Carlisle, Pa. A great Show with Corvettes from all generations. And there will be C7's there in probably every color along with the Corvette Manufacturing Team to answer all you questions. If you take delivery of yours by then take it there and park on site along with hundreds of other Corvettes. Only a short 100 mile drive from Philly!

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/corvettes/

Take a copy of your Order Sheet with you and the Corvette Team will gladly autograph it for you.
Thanks for the tip. I will definatley be there! Gonna be a good Summer. Going to the Indy Races in Pocono and the Grand Prix in Baltimore...then picking up my car. Life is good

Get notified of new replies

To Questions about a few options?

Old 05-04-2013, 01:24 AM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

What a delightful thread. Pleasant, welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Nobody calling each other names and getting into personal arguments stretching for 30 uninterrupted posts. Nice!

This is the part of Corvette Forum I love.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:26 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by CaryKen
What a delightful thread. Pleasant, welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Nobody calling each other names and getting into personal arguments stretching for 30 uninterrupted posts. Nice!

This is the part of Corvette Forum I love.
Ahhhhhh! Back to the way it used to be.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:59 PM
WantaC7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats close to what im getting but I added it up and the total I got was $56.940.00 did you add the distination charge of $995.00?

Quick Reply: Questions about a few options?