What options are worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 08:33 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

D30 is a valid option. As to nav, as a stand alone option, I think the price has actually gone down from years past. No comment on the newest msrc.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:36 PM
vankenn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Round Tail Light Option is the best for the buck, add option ROUND to your order. Option Price: $9500

Old 04-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

NPP is such a waste. I'll go with a Corsa.

will have to see if the nav is worth $500 more dollars then I can get an excellent garmin.

would love blue but man those grey seats seem cheap to me, the color is just not rich. black? don't know.

I plan to be at the 60th where more cars and colors will be there. I'd think anyone who has a order qued up would want to see the colors and cars in person if possible.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by vankenn
The Round Tail Light Option is the best for the buck, add option ROUND to your order. Option Price: $9500

Since when did Chevy start building Nissans?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:46 PM
dmporter31
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Z51 - as above, duh? I'll put NPP and MSRC in that category as well for me.
2LT - heated/vented seats a no-brainer for me (east coast weather), want the HUD. I could care less about the NAV so I'll skip that.

I think I want the visible CF/transparent roof package but if I'm going to save a few $ anywhere, that's it. Would probably be much better off in using that $3,000 for the "driver improvement mod" @ Spring Mountain
Old 04-29-2013, 08:59 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

I want to see and feel the ride difference with MSRC on the Z51 vs. the standard coupe. Otherwise I'm leaning toward getting it. Just not sure which car. Standard coupe, vert or Z51 in either model. Like them all for different reasons. Big decisions coming.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:53 PM
marczem
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rkvoss
The nav sounds ok compared to legacy pricing in general, but not against a new portable unit or a smartphone.
What irks me is that all the hardware seems to be already there - screen, GPS and antenna for OnStar. So is the price just for the software?
I've read all the posts on the pros and cons for having factory nav, and I fall into the camp that believes any high end car should have this built in - but probably not for $800 unless there is something I have not picked up on.
Also I wonder if someone has or will have a way to port to the screen thru the USB off a portable satnav?
I was under the impression that the screen is standard on all C7s. Any idea what the screen is used for if NAV option is not added? Thanks.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:13 PM
dmporter31
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by marczem
I was under the impression that the screen is standard on all C7s. Any idea what the screen is used for if NAV option is not added? Thanks.
http://www.chevrolet.com/mylink-vehicle-technology.html
Old 04-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Matt26
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by marczem
The screen is standard.

It used for everything, radio, apps, car settings, etc.

The nav just adds another button on the home screen.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:38 PM
HARVEY T.GLUCK
Drifting

Received 651 Likes on 151 Posts

Default what options are worth the money

I have learned over the Years the best Option is to order all the Options.......this way you are never sorry, and I have found Years this also helps big time when it comes to selling ....Buyers look for the most bang for the Buck......
Fast Story and its true --in 1973 I ordered a Buick Limited with every Option including what was then called "Max Track"....When the car arrived the Max Track On/off Switch was on the Dash, but the wires led to nothing.......they decided traction control was not ready for the market, but forgot to delete it from the order...I paid for it but later got my money back from GM....
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Z06-TT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

few things i want to see is a picture of the difference in the screens. nav or not.

and whats the 2lt dash..... any picture of that would be running around....???
Old 04-29-2013, 11:45 PM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

Oh man that looks atrocious (imho)
Old 04-30-2013, 12:53 AM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 601 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by C7 4 Me
Oh man that looks atrocious (imho)
atrocious is putting it nicely. Thats an abomination
Old 04-30-2013, 07:31 AM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

Bare bones basic for me.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I have to appreciate Jerri Vette's choice of Z51, MRC, NPP, 1LT - That's likely the fastest package you can get for the road race track. The 2LT will add a bit of weight over the 1LT.

Harvy Gluck Said:
I have learned over the Years the best Option is to order all the Options.......this way you are never sorry, and I have found Years this also helps big time when it comes to selling ....Buyers look for the most bang for the Buck
The car may be easier to sell, but you could take a bigger loss. A fully optioned coupe (not even including selectable VIN, Museum Delivery, and the like) Comes in at $78,600. When it comes time to sell do you think you'll really get the $12,000 premium over another car that's not loaded with the luxury features? Too much stuff and you can price yourself out of the market. In any case you have to live with it when you own it. Just about everyone has purchased a car and wished they would have stepped up for more options (the regrets that Harvy mentioned). I guess that's why they call it Luxury.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,375 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd

PIN Customer Selectable VIN ending - $5000 - Talk about a waste of money.

Not an option I would add, but I think it is a really cool option. Does any other manufacturer offer this yet (I see it coming if not). You could actually name your car! You could have the VIN end in "Christine", or "MACHV". Forget vanity plates, they are nothing compared to this, or you could get a VIN to match your plate.

Everybody complains you can get anything on a Porsche, but the Corvette doesn't really offer custom options. Porsche charges outrageous prices for painted trim. This option gets your customization recorded in public records FOREVER.

This has zero bang for the buck value, but for the person that has everything, this is a must have option. Heck they pay $100,000 or more for a special plate in England. $5000 is nothing compared to that.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

WOW is just like the car is looking at you.Thank God that GM didn't do that. It is beyond ugly in my opinion. But what the heck it is fun.. Thanks for the post..

Get notified of new replies

To What options are worth the money?

Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
WOW is just like the car is looking at you.Thank God that GM didn't do that. It is beyond ugly in my opinion. But what the heck it is fun.. Thanks for the post..
This shows that round's time to leave had arrived.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
NPP is such a waste. I'll go with a Corsa.

will have to see if the nav is worth $500 more dollars then I can get an excellent garmin.

would love blue but man those grey seats seem cheap to me, the color is just not rich. black? don't know.

I plan to be at the 60th where more cars and colors will be there. I'd think anyone who has a order qued up would want to see the colors and cars in person if possible.

I've never understood the draw of NPP, unless you are the type that simply wants a 100% factory car:

Corsa sounds better throughout the WHOLE rpm range.
Corsa doesnt depend on flaps that open & close at certain rpm.
Corsa doesnt drone at any rpm.
Corsa doesnt need a remote to go from "mild to wild". You control the mild to wild with your right foot! The way it should be.
Corsa weighs less.
Corsa looks better.

And I think paid $1400 for my Corsa Extreme installed!! Thats only $200 more than NPP. And when I'm done with the car.. I can put my stock exhaust back on and sell my Corsa Extreme setup to another C6 owner for about $700-800 bucks. Its a win-win-win scenario.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 AM
rexracerx9
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HARVEY T.GLUCK
I have learned over the Years the best Option is to order all the Options.......this way you are never sorry, and I have found Years this also helps big time when it comes to selling ....Buyers look for the most bang for the Buck......
Fast Story and its true --in 1973 I ordered a Buick Limited with every Option including what was then called "Max Track"....When the car arrived the Max Track On/off Switch was on the Dash, but the wires led to nothing.......they decided traction control was not ready for the market, but forgot to delete it from the order...I paid for it but later got my money back from GM....
Harvey, I remember you ordering many Corvettes over the years, probably a Corvette record? What number will your C7 be? What color and body style did you order?

Quick Reply: What options are worth the money?