Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a C7? What's your income?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 01:00 AM
vankenn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a C7? What's your income?

Nice to know what's the average income for most corvette owners are. Single income, not household. I'll start with mine.

$91k+/yr Tampa, FL
Old 04-29-2013, 01:01 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

It was a lot more before April 15th!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:03 AM
vankenn
Instructor

Don't start that! I paid over $35k in taxes last year. Please don't start. LOL
Old 04-29-2013, 01:05 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by vankenn
Don't start that! I paid over $35k in taxes last year. Please don't start. LOL
That was my down payment!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:07 AM
lilredvette05
Racer

Government funded here!! Every month when my welfare check makes it lol.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:10 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by lilredvette05
You're welcome!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:12 AM
tt350z
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lilredvette05
lol
Old 04-29-2013, 01:15 AM
lilredvette05
Racer

Lol, would it be too much if i asked you guys to put about 10k on my pre paid debit card for some future mods!!, haha
Old 04-29-2013, 01:15 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,107 Likes on 6,185 Posts

Nice to know what's the average income for most corvette owners are. Single income, not household. I'll start with mine.

$91k+/yr Tampa, FL
My Federal Income Tax was close to your total income.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:19 AM
vankenn
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
My Federal Income Tax was close to your total income.
Must be nice to be you!! My boss and business partner paid over $4m in taxes in 2012. What exactly is the government doing with our tax money? Bail us
Old 04-29-2013, 01:27 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,107 Likes on 6,185 Posts

Must be nice to be you!! My boss and business partner paid over $4m in taxes in 2012. What exactly is the government doing with our tax money? Bail us
Must be nice to be them!!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:12 AM
toxin440
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I make 37k a year... freaking sad. Used to make a little over 6 figures till the economy crapped out.

funny enough -- I hold a B.S. in Econ from Texas A&M -- hah but I'm an IT guy at heart. A C7 will not be in my future -- actually trying to sell my C6Z06 as we speak so I can get my *** into a house.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by toxin440
actually trying to sell my C6Z06 as we speak so I can get my *** into a house.

You wanna buy one of mine? OMG if I only had one again I'd be rich!

In America now, the more property you own, the poorer you are.

Last edited by Sin City; 04-29-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:16 AM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

Over six figures, but not sure that it's what matters as this isnt a finance forum. Happy vett'ing to all - hope everyone that wants a C7 can make it into one, and hope you can all afford things that are way more important before you start thinking about a stingray.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:30 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Wasting it.

And giving it to crooks... Just one small example below...

Millions in CIA "ghost money" paid to Afghanistan president's office
Reuters

Tens of millions of U.S. dollars in cash were delivered by the CIA in suitcases, backpacks and plastic shopping bags to the office of Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai for more than a decade, the New York Times says, citing current and former advisers to the Afghan leader.

The so-called "ghost money" was meant to buy influence for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) but instead fuelled corruption and empowered warlords, undermining Washington's exit strategy from Afghanistan, the newspaper quoted U.S. officials as saying.

"The biggest source of corruption in Afghanistan", one American official said, "was the United States."

The CIA declined to comment on the report and the U.S. State Department did not immediately comment. The New York Times did not publish any comment from Karzai or his office.

"We called it 'ghost money'," Khalil Roman, who served as Karzai's chief of staff from 2002 until 2005, told the New York Times. "It came in secret and it left in secret."

There was no evidence that Karzai personally received any of the money, Afghan officials told the newspaper. The cash was handled by his National Security Council, it added.

In response to the report, Karzai told reporters in Helsinki after a meeting with Finnish leaders that the office of the National Security Council had been receiving support from the U.S. government for the past 10 years. He said the amounts had been "not big" and the funds were used for various purposes including assistance for the wounded.

"It's multi-purpose assistance," he said, without commenting on the report's claims the funds fuelled corruption and empowered warlords.

However, Afghan Foreign Ministry spokesman Janan Mosazai told reporters in Kabul that there was no proof or evidence to back up the claims in the story.

For more than a decade the cash was dropped off every month or so at the Afghan president's office, the New York Times said. Handing out cash has been standard procedure for the CIA in Afghanistan since the start of the war.

The cash payments to the president's office do not appear to be subject to oversight and restrictions placed on official American aid to the country or the CIA's formal assistance programs, like financing Afghan intelligence agencies, and do not appear to violate U.S. laws, said the New York Times.

U.S. and Afghan officials familiar with the payments were quoted as saying that the main goal in providing the cash was to maintain access to Karzai and his inner circle and to guarantee the CIA's influence at the presidential palace, which wields tremendous power in Afghanistan's highly centralized government.

Much of the money went to warlords and politicians, many with ties to the drug trade and in some cases the Taliban, the New York Times said. U.S. and Afghan officials were quoted as saying the CIA supported the same patronage networks that U.S. diplomats and law enforcement agents struggled to dismantle, leaving the government in the grip of organized crime.

Nahid Fareed, a member of parliament from western Herat province, who usually supports Karzai's government, said the claims in the story represented a "serious issue".

"Any hidden money that the palace receives from indirect channels, such as spy agencies, notably the CIA, is against national interest and is treason," Fareed told Reuters.

In 2010, Karzai said his office received cash in bags from Iran, but that it was a transparent form of aid that helped cover expenses at the presidential palace. He said at the time that the United States made similar payments.

The latest New York Times report said much of the Iranian cash, like the CIA money, went to pay warlords and politicians.

For most of Karzai's 11-year reign, there has been little interest in anti-corruption in the army or police. The country's two most powerful institutions receive billions of dollars from donors annually but struggle just to recruit and maintain a force bled by high rates of desertion.

Last edited by jr3; 04-29-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:48 AM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

$91k+/yr Tampa, FL
No! This thread will go nowhere fast.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:06 AM
CaliKushMan
Intermediate

I was always curious on people income range when they own a certain car. Im getting the c7 in a few years. Own c6, w2 was 12k made last year. Dropped out in 10th grade. This year sold my home up 60k tax free dollars.

Comparable, father makes 140k a year and owns the sl65.

Get notified of new replies

To Buying a C7? What's your income?

Old 04-29-2013, 07:10 AM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliKushMan
Comparable, father makes 140k a year and owns the sl65.
I make about that, and would say your father is living a bit outside of his means if he's driving an SL65 AMG.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 AM
trends2000
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

nowhere ... not at rallies; track; fun runs; social events ... not at local parties; on cruises or at the beach ... nowhere have I ever heard anyone ask "what do you make"? The point behind the Vette is the car ; performance and having the fun with other people who love them. I have a very nice income but this thread is weird AND pointless. You can buy a used Vette if you have less income and trhe ZR1 is there for those who have a few bucks extra. Either way ... you're welcome at ... should be welcome at ... any Corvette function.
Leave the income question to other clubs where income is supposed to determine if you're worthy of attention
Old 04-29-2013, 08:09 AM
papillion
Safety Car

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Default hmm?

Perhaps posting over at Sesame Street fits your style.

Quick Reply: Buying a C7? What's your income?