Sponsored by:

Convertible w/Z-51

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 05:33 AM
Mechanic
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Convertible w/Z-51

IMHO the Z51 package is too good to pass up with any C7. However, I was wondering what it would be like with the convertible if you didn't also choose the FE4 option (magnetic select ride control).

Any convertible owners have an opinion as to whether the FE4 Magnetic Selective Ride Control package is an essential addition to a convertible with the Z-51 package?
Old 04-29-2013, 05:37 AM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would wonder the same with a coupe!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:56 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I can only tell you my experience on the Ferrari 458, which is essentially the same system. The C7 uses the upgraded mag shocks from the C6 like the 458 has (same on the California and upcoming F12).
My opinion: It's terrific.

The reason why it's great is you can set the car to be really aggressive and feel every pebble or soft enough that passengers (aka wives and girlfriends) won't complain when riding along.

For me, it's a must have. If you get tired of the ride, you can soften it with one switch. Also, it's tied into the car's nannies such as traction control to improve handling.

I don't how well it works on this chassis but my experience is that it's very noticable and helpful in different driving situations.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:06 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mechanic
IMHO the Z51 package is too good to pass up with any C7. However, I was wondering what it would be like with the convertible if you didn't also choose the FE4 option (magnetic select ride control).

Any convertible owners have an opinion as to whether the FE4 Magnetic Selective Ride Control package is an essential addition to a convertible with the Z-51 package?
I think it really matters what kind of ride you like. I really want to drive the base model/suspension vs the Z51 to see just how big a difference there is between the two.

I think if you do get the Z51, getting the MR makes good sense.

Get notified of new replies

To Convertible w/Z-51

Quick Reply: Convertible w/Z-51