Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
RC000E
CF Senior Member
 
RC000E's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Default Bash updates and info

Points of interest so far:

Z51 4-5 seconds faster per lap at vir than prior z51 car. This is with c7 equipped with full datalogging equipment. Would not give exact time but it appears to be likely its 2:50 or 2:51

Shakedown test between grand sport oem goodyears vs c7 245/285's yielded 1 second per lap faster time. Test car was c6 z06. Vir. They have been amazed by the michelin tire

C7 now has adjustable rear caster, improved roll center and lower cog than c6

Mero says, the car feels lighter and is an absolute monster to drive....he assures everyone they'll be amazed.

MR suspension vastly improved. Faster processor, dual coil, far better ability to fine tune. The changes between modes for touring and track are substantial and only possible via this new generation system.

There was a lot discussed about E LSD and E power steering. If anyone wants details or has questions...ask.

Stiffness between the steering wheel and wheel bearing hub assembly improved 500% over c6. Communicates much better feel, improves response and reduces dynamic changes under load.

Nurburgring later THIS year

Someone started the vert while the interior guys were talking...good stuff!

Z51 brakes have 30% more swept area than prior z51's...even more swept area than c6z

New rotor design communicates very little thermal load from rotor to hub via new two piece design


More to come. If youre curious about anything, post it and I will try to get an answer.
RC000E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
Stingray23
CF Senior Member
 
Stingray23's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Default

Stingray23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
LS3_E85_Corvette
CF Senior Member
 
LS3_E85_Corvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2011
Default

Have they talked about the LT1 yet?
LS3_E85_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
RocketGuy3
CF Senior Member
 
RocketGuy3's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas TX
Default

Damnit, so still no word on the power output or weight?
RocketGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Jawnathin
CF Senior Member
 
Jawnathin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC000E View Post

Shakedown test between grand sport oem goodyears vs c7 245/285's yielded 1 second per lap faster time. Test car was c6 z06. Vir. They have been amazed by the michelin tire
For clarity, they used the OEM 275/325 Goodyears on a C6Z, then switched to the narrower 245/285 Pilot Super Sports on the C6Z, which was then 1 second a lap quicker with the narrower Super Sports around VIR?

Very nice. I know both tires very well (I have PSS on my DD) and I can't say I'm surprised. The PSS is a VERY good tire. I can't wait until they make them in larger sizes for 19/20 setups. I still have my PS2s to burn through first.

Thanks for getting info. Looking forward to more updates.
Jawnathin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #6
Boo383
CF Senior Member
 
Boo383's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2000
Location: Kingsport TN
Send a message via ICQ to Boo383 Send a message via AIM to Boo383 Send a message via Yahoo to Boo383
Default

Boo383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
JoesC5
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Springfield MO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnathin View Post
For clarity, they used the OEM 275/325 Goodyears on a C6Z, then switched to the narrower 245/285 Pilot Super Sports on the C6Z, which was then 1 second a lap quicker with the narrower Super Sports around VIR?

Very nice. I know both tires very well (I have PSS on my DD) and I can't say I'm surprised. The PSS is a VERY good tire. I can't wait until they make them in larger sizes for 19/20 setups. I still have my PS2s to burn through first.

Thanks for getting info. Looking forward to more updates.
So the comparison had nothing to do with C6 vs C7, but just the differences in the tires.

I wonder if they also put a set of the new Michelins on the Z06, using the Z06 sizes and compared.
JoesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
Kappa
CF Senior Member
 
Kappa's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Default

Are you glad you went now?

If Tadge didn't sell people on the C7, maybe Mero can. If you don't believe him well...
Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
Jawnathin
CF Senior Member
 
Jawnathin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC000E View Post

Z51 4-5 seconds faster per lap at vir than prior z51 car. This is with c7 equipped with full datalogging equipment. Would not give exact time but it appears to be likely its 2:50 or 2:51
Wish they were more specific with the results but that sounds pretty darn quick. Pretty impressive. A bit behind the ZR1 but a hair quicker than a ZL1 using GMs test results.

FWIW, here are some other tests around VIR... those early C&D Lightning drivers (2006-07) must have been really awful or had some really bad weather those days. I take the results with a grain of salt but the data points are interesting.

C&D is also about 5 seconds a lap slower than GM test in both the ZL1 and ZR1...

GM VIR Testing -
ZR1 (Cups) - 2:45.63
ZL1 - 2:52.38

C&D VIR Lightning Lap
ZR1 (Cups) - 2:50.7 (02/2012)
ZR1 (PS2s) - 2:51.8 (02/2010)
Z06 (Z07 PS2s) - 2:53.5 (02/2011)
Camaro ZL1 - 2:57.5 (02/2013)
Z06 - 2:58.2 (08/2007)
GS - 2:58.3 (02/2010)
Z06 - 3:01.1 (11/2006)
Z51 LS3 - 3:01.20 (11/2008)
Camaro 1LE - 3:01.5 (02/2013)
Z51 LS2 - 3:03.6 (08/2007)
Z51 LS2 - 3:09.3 (11/2006)

Last edited by Jawnathin; 04-25-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Jawnathin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #10
Magister Ludi
CF Senior Member
 
Magister Ludi's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2013
Location: Near LA California
Default

Thanks very much for the info.
Magister Ludi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #11
Kappa
CF Senior Member
 
Kappa's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Default

So what are the details on the e-LSD?
Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #12
Jawnathin
CF Senior Member
 
Jawnathin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesC5 View Post
So the comparison had nothing to do with C6 vs C7, but just the differences in the tires.

I wonder if they also put a set of the new Michelins on the Z06, using the Z06 sizes and compared.
That is how I understood it when 'the test car was C6 Z06'.

I'm sure they tested the larger tires at some point, but they wouldn't dare share the results. It wouldn't make sense to upstage their new model with their outgoing car.
Jawnathin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
BeaZt
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14
 
BeaZt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
1320vetteran
Default

Thanks for the info
BeaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #14
JustinStrife
CF Senior Member
 
JustinStrife's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Lake Havasu AZ
Justinstrife justinstrife unholy z06
Send a message via AIM to JustinStrife Send a message via MSN to JustinStrife Send a message via Yahoo to JustinStrife
Default

JustinStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
BWF07
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer
 
BWF07's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2006
Location: Palm Harbor not far from Sebring Florida
/jack.tipton.16
Default

Thanks for the info, hope the prices are announced today.
BWF07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #16
BERETTA
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
BERETTA's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2000
Location: Jackson Tenn.
Default

Thanks for the updates
BERETTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #17
jimmyb
CF Senior Member
 
jimmyb's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnathin View Post
Wish they were more specific with the results but that sounds pretty darn quick. Pretty impressive. A bit behind the ZR1 but a hair quicker than a ZL1 using GMs test results.

FWIW, here are some other tests around VIR... those early C&D Lightning drivers (2006-07) must have been really awful or had some really bad weather those days. I take the results with a grain of salt but the data points are interesting.

C&D is also about 5 seconds a lap slower than GM test in both the ZL1 and ZR1...

GM VIR Testing -
ZR1 (Cups) - 2:45.63
ZL1 - 2:52.38

C&D VIR Lightning Lap
ZR1 (Cups) - 2:50.7 (02/2012)
ZR1 (PS2s) - 2:51.8 (02/2010)
Z06 (Z07 PS2s) - 2:53.5 (02/2011)
Camaro ZL1 - 2:57.5 (02/2013)
Z06 - 2:58.2 (08/2007)
GS - 2:58.3 (02/2010)
Z06 - 3:01.1 (11/2006)
Z51 LS3 - 3:01.20 (11/2008)
Camaro 1LE - 3:01.5 (02/2013)
Z51 LS2 - 3:03.6 (08/2007)
Z51 LS2 - 3:09.3 (11/2006)
Are the GM times with Jim Mero driving?

Jimmy
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #18
ldepalma
CF Senior Member
 
ldepalma's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: Valencia CA
Default

Keep the info coming, thanks!!
ldepalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #19
JockItch
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Are the GM times with Jim Mero driving?

Jimmy
I'm pretty sure the ZL1 time was with Camaro engineer Aaron Link. He's the same guy who ran the official GM time on the ring with the ZL1.
JockItch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #20
MikeyTX
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MikeyTX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Maypearl TX
Default

IBTL now means
__________________
Bearcreek, MT Sept. 2012 across from the Hungry Bear Cafe. Great eats, great hosts.
MikeyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page Bash updates and info
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article about C7 genolan C7 General Discussion 39 07-22-2013 01:04 PM
If Jim Mero has truly done a 2:50 - 2:51 at VIR skank C7 General Discussion 81 05-01-2013 10:24 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2