Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bash updates and info

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 02:47 PM
C7envy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There doesn't appear to be any new info here. Can we get some info on the power output, weight, and possibly exact 0-60 times?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Boo383
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

The LT1 power train session ends in a few minutes. Hopefully someone will post up some new info.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:56 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
Points of interest so far:

More to come. If youre curious about anything, post it and I will try to get an answer.
Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Looks damned impressive so far...
Old 04-25-2013, 03:13 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

I hope the convertible is there?
Old 04-25-2013, 03:28 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Boo383
The LT1 power train session ends in a few minutes. Hopefully someone will post up some new info.
I have a feeling that we won't be hearing power numbers, weight OR final MSRP today.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:31 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by C7envy
There doesn't appear to be any new info here. Can we get some info on the power output, weight, and possibly exact 0-60 times?
I have to chuckle... the information given is of huge value to anyone who tracks these cars. You can see they made a massive effort to make this thing even better on track, yet people want HP figures and meaningless data points like 0-60 times.

Things like discussing the reduced thermal transfer to the hubs from the two-piece rotors is because the old single piece rotors allowed the hubs to get hotter which decreased their life-span and made the hub flange more prone to fracture. This is a big deal to those who track the cars.

The fact that they've re-designed the steering column, rack mount, rack, and spindles to be 5x as stiff is huge. It's these things that contribute to the overall driving "feel" of the car that so many say the Corvette lacks.

Good job team Corvette!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Are the GM times with Jim Mero driving?

Jimmy
Originally Posted by JockItch
I'm pretty sure the ZL1 time was with Camaro engineer Aaron Link. He's the same guy who ran the official GM time on the ring with the ZL1.
JockItch has it right.

Aaron Link in the ZL1. Jim Mero in the ZR1.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:34 PM
LT1_E85_Corvette
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

no numbers.... go figure

Well i am looking forward to all the technical things that were shared. Do you think they will be sharing a video of the meeting??
Old 04-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I have a feeling that we won't be hearing power numbers, weight OR final MSRP today.
They are making everybody in attendance sign a document swearing them to secrecy until an undisclosed percentage of remaining c6 cars are sold
Old 04-25-2013, 03:36 PM
C7envy
Racer

Originally Posted by travisnd
I have to chuckle... the information given is of huge value to anyone who tracks these cars. You can see they made a massive effort to make this thing even better on track, yet people want HP figures and meaningless data points like 0-60 times.

Things like discussing the reduced thermal transfer to the hubs from the two-piece rotors is because the old single piece rotors allowed the hubs to get hotter which decreased their life-span and made the hub flange more prone to fracture. This is a big deal to those who track the cars.

The fact that they've re-designed the steering column, rack mount, rack, and spindles to be 5x as stiff is huge. It's these things that contribute to the overall driving "feel" of the car that so many say the Corvette lacks.

Good job team Corvette!

well maybe if you haven't been up to date on all info this news is new to you. But for those who have been around for a while, there is really nothing new here that hasn't already been stated or that couldn't be assumed given the changes that were made.

HP, weight, and 0-60 are very important because for the street that is what matters. If you want to be in that 1% that is a track rat more power to you but for those who are on the street 99.9% of the time these figures are very meaningful.

I couldn't careless about track times, what matters is a car designed to be a good road car.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:41 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I could care less about times around VIR. I want to know the times on the Tail of the Dragon, mixed in with the slow Harleys. the stupid crazy Sport Bikers, and the local SUV's and pickup trucks. That's where the action is.

BlueOx wants to know the time it takes to wax the C7.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:47 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Good job team Corvette!
This is great news for for the track crowd. The others don't get it yet, but they will understand once they drive the car, I think.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:48 PM
LT1_E85_Corvette
Drifting

I'm getting a base so the track times mean squat to me... i want to know what my car will be trapping in the quarter mile... weight and power numbers can give me a good idea what to expect out of my 55K+ dollar purchase... COME ON CHEVY!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:48 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by LS3_E85_Corvette
Have they talked about the LT1 yet?
Just got out of there...

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
Damnit, so still no word on the power output or weight?
Only that fuel cutoff is 6600 and it will not be running on e85

Originally Posted by Jawnathin
For clarity, they used the OEM 275/325 Goodyears on a C6Z, then switched to the narrower 245/285 Pilot Super Sports on the C6Z, which was then 1 second a lap quicker with the narrower Super Sports around VIR?
That is correct...even Mero said he was surprised

Originally Posted by JoesC5
So the comparison had nothing to do with C6 vs C7, but just the differences in the tires.

I wonder if they also put a set of the new Michelins on the Z06, using the Z06 sizes and compared.
In that particular conversation it did

Originally Posted by C7envy
There is not new info, but a ton more detail

Originally Posted by BERETTA
I hope the convertible is there?
It is
Old 04-25-2013, 03:49 PM
LT1_E85_Corvette
Drifting

well, looks like I will have to run a tune to get it on E85... challenge ACCEPTED
Old 04-25-2013, 03:50 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Good job team Corvette!
I tend to agree with you yet at a certain point some greater acceleration and other performance data would be appreciated...

I really would have thought the birthday bash more information would have been shared...hopefully sooner rather than later...
Old 04-25-2013, 03:54 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Z51 car with MR has launch control

Dual mass flywheel actually is smaller and has less total mass than c6 flywheel

There was no validity to the claims of the unhackable ecu...they said like anything...it'll be hacked....probably

Can run on 87 octane but premium rec....same as usual

Like. I said earlier...they specifically said NO ethanol beyond 10% mixes

They said they DO have final power numbers and its more than 450...as we know

Rev match paddles on the wheel both do same thing...shut system on and off...thats it. Just a way to share steering wheel with auto cars

Residual build up from direct injection on intake valves is a non issue with lt1. Pcv system is two sided, and there are aggressive measures taken to relieve block pressure and handle oil vapor

Get notified of new replies

To Bash updates and info

Old 04-25-2013, 03:57 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
Just got out of there...

Only that fuel cutoff is 6600
and it will not be running on e85

That is correct...even Mero said he was surprised

In that particular conversation it did

There is not new info, but a ton more detail

It is
Fuel cutoff at 6600 RPM. That must be another big fat lie by GM at the Bash. Our resident Internet Engineer(JerriVette) said that the LT1 made it's maximum horsepower of 475 at 6600 RPM with a redline of 7100 RPM. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...al-number.html

Now read my posts where I said the maximum horsepower is made at approximately 5900-6000 RPM with a redline of 6500 RPM and a fuel cut off at 6600 RPM.

I guess that makes me as big a liar as GM and didn't I also say somewhere that GM has not said anything about the GenV engines being FlexFuel.

Did anyone ask the speaker if the pistons were cast or forged?

Last edited by JoesC5; 04-25-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

For what reason are they NOT releasing power and weight numbers ?
Old 04-25-2013, 04:05 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Fuel cutoff at 6600 RPM. That must be another big fat lie by GM at the Bash. Our resident Internet Engineer(JerriVette) said that the LT1 made it's maximum horsepower of 475 at 6600 RPM with a redline of 7100 RPM.

Now read my posts where I said the maximum horsepower is made at approximately 5900-6000 RPM with a redline of 6500 RPM and a fuel cut off at 6600 RPM.

I guess that makes me as big a liar as GM and didn't I also say somewhere that GM has not said anything about the GenV engines being FlexFuel.
ummmmm . . . I'm confused . . . .what's your point here?

Quick Reply: Bash updates and info