Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by C6Jeff
Dumbest poll ever.

Only because it's an attempt to drum up yet another thread for the minority to shout out loud again.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 271 Likes on 143 Posts

The people that don't like this car are in the vast minority and most of them I predict are going to have a "change of heart", except of course the ones who can't afford it anyway or who just bought a recent model C6 because of the heavily discounted blue light specials on them. And the majority of those folks will probably end up with a C7 in a few years.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:49 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

I wouldn't call it a "redesign", but it's very likely there could be some major tweaks made.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:50 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by drmustang
The C7 is a big hit and GM has yet to deliver a single unit to an end user. Rave reviews from the auto press abound. Enthusiats are lining up for it.

It is abundantly clear and painfully obvious that a few recent C6 purchasers feel the need to be the guy foolishly screaming on top of the mountain. These guys think they can preserve the cash value of their respective C6 models by bashing the C7 like butt-hurt children. They just don't seem to understand that all their bitching and fussing won't do a thing other than to display their insecurity about the new models effect on C6 values.

Embrace the C7 as it is the future, a bright one indeed.
I am not a C7 hater or lover. It is what it is, but one thing to remember, all the rave reviews on the C7 from the general public and more importantly the auto publications have been on design only. The final numbers have not been released yet as to price, horsepower, torque and performance. The publications have not gotten their hands on one yet to put it through its paces, so I am still waiting to see how it comes out in the wash.

I hope it is a success as many believe it will be, but until then I will sit back and wait.

As for the poll question, it may see some redesign, but it most likely as was with the C5 and C6 be very minor. A major redesign will not happen. If for some reason after the first initial release to all those that placed or will be placing orders are dome and buying should fall off I don't think GM would do anything radical to this design. After all the roadster will be out early next year and then we can expect a high performance version. If sales are lagging behind projected sales, I would think GM would look at what went wrong and then start on a new design for a C8.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey DRjerkoff, show me in any one of my posts on this thread where I bash the C7! Recess must be over by now so get back to class and work on your penmanship.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:00 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by lt4obsesses
Using this forum as a litmus test is a very flawed way to predict the success/failure of this car. Anyway, just my observation...on with the ensuing train wreck.
and, IBTL. GM won't change anything major unless it does not do well. That said, a rear end fix is cosmetic and they have done that before without prompting, and they may do it anyway to differentiate the hi-po models from the base cars if they are getting flak, which they are. So that means we need to keep the pressure on about it for at least another 24 months. Sorry whiners, ya better get comfy with the "haters".

Last edited by TTRotary; 04-23-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Slynky
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 224 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Where do you get from my initial statement I said it would not be a success? I just asked for some validity and as stated deposits and orders does not define success! the Angels and dodgers went out and spent a ton of money a la as the Yankees would, does that mean they will win the World Series? Insert buzzer noise here....NOT!

Why do you always have to make everything a controversy, you wreck more threads on this board than anyone! I asked the man a simple question, one that he nor you can answer with certainty.
Ox is an intelligent guy. No denying that. And feverish about Corvettes. What you don't understand is that a lot of people really don't bother to argue with him any longer because "he's always right".

It's easy to see your point and question.

A large amount of (pre)orders on a newly-designed vehicle indicates a positive initial reaction but to go so far as to use that as a basis to proclaim the new design is a "massive success"... a bit of a stretch and if discussed under the rules of HS or college debating would certainly be rebutted easily. Of course, we don't use those kind of rules here. Here, debating is based largely on emotion and hearsay (and a contest of who can outlast whom the longest replying time after time after time).

Generally, history will prove whether or not a vehicle is a "massive success". It generally takes some time to know for certain. For example, are these early adopters largely just the typical participation of people who we see routinely buying "the latest thing"? Are there a lot of well-to-do people who want the first model for their collection? We really don't know.

But when the car has been out on the road a while--and I don't really know what a while is (a year or two?)--we will have a pretty good idea of what kind of a success it is. We will have an idea by how much off MSRP the new models sell for, how well the (nearly completely) new design operates without problems, how many of the new young targeted population participate, and so on.

So, it's easy to see your point. Well, for me, anyway. With so little to go on, it's too early to declare--as if it's infallible--that the new Corvette is a massive success based on some initial orders. I daresay you will find it difficult to get those you question, however, to recapitulate and admit "massive success" was, perhaps, a bit excessive in description.

Quick Reply: C7 redesign possible?