Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contrast Stitching, Who Gets What?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Process Black
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Contrast Stitching, Who Gets What?

The contrast stitching doesn't seem to be anything that is selected by the customer. I presume that it is then defined by seat color choice?

It seems it would be set up that way for easy ordering.

Here's what has been seen on C7's at the auto shows and on the street.

Kalahari Seats = Kalahari Contrast Stitching
Red Seats = Red Contrast Stitching
Brownstone Seats = Kalahari Contrast Stitching
Black Seats = White Contrast Stitching
Gray Seats = (Not yet seen? Probably gray?)

SO…

If someone really likes red contrast stitching on a black dash, shifter and steering wheel, they would need to order red seats.

If you really like a black interior with black seats, hope you like white stitching. (I'm not a fan but this may be a pill I need to swallow.)

I'm hoping this is verified at the bash.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:53 PM
ldepalma
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Process Black
The contrast stitching doesn't seem to be anything that is selected by the customer. I presume that it is then defined by seat color choice?

It seems it would be set up that way for easy ordering.

Here's what has been seen on C7's at the auto shows and on the street.

Kalahari Seats = Kalahari Contrast Stitching
Red Seats = Red Contrast Stitching
Brownstone Seats = Kalahari Contrast Stitching
Black Seats = White Contrast Stitching
Gray Seats = (Not yet seen? Probably gray?)

SO…

If someone really likes red contrast stitching on a black dash, shifter and steering wheel, they would need to order red seats.

If you really like a black interior with black seats, hope you like white stitching. (I'm not a fan but this may be a pill I need to swallow.)

I'm hoping this is verified at the bash.
I'm getting the Jet Black interior so I hope it doesn't come with White stitching for sure!!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:13 AM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Received 997 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by ldepalma
I'm getting the Jet Black interior so I hope it doesn't come with White stitching for sure!!
It really seems like a step backwards. Although they do have an option D30 that lets you override color combinations. With red interior it looks like the black accent pieces have red threading, maybe you could order that although the seats would be problematic.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:16 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

I thought it was light gray stitching with black leather?
Old 04-25-2013, 05:49 AM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Customers should be given the option of picking the color of stitching they want. A number of colors would look good with various colored stitching such as a black interior could look good with either blue, red, or yellow stitching, as well as either white or gray.

Some people may want to base a theme of having their stitching matching their calipers, and if GM is going to live up to their claims of letting the customer have their way they're going to have to find a way to let the customer choose what color stitching and calipers they want just the same as they pick the colors of the car and the interior
Old 04-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

The problem; a mass produced automobile. The manufacturer as to limit details, if all variations were available, think about the insane logistics and production costs. If you want custom features, purchase a Bugatti. Only 1.6 million.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Shurshot
Customers should be given the option of picking the color of stitching they want. A number of colors would look good with various colored stitching such as a black interior could look good with either blue, red, or yellow stitching, as well as either white or gray.

Some people may want to base a theme of having their stitching matching their calipers, and if GM is going to live up to their claims of letting the customer have their way they're going to have to find a way to let the customer choose what color stitching and calipers they want just the same as they pick the colors of the car and the interior
They do have caliper color options.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

It seems we're in the same boat with this (as well as the 2LT + nav issue). I'm planning on ordering jet black interior too and wouldn't want white stitching, lol.
S.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:25 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
The problem; a mass produced automobile. The manufacturer as to limit details, if all variations were available, think about the insane logistics and production costs. If you want custom features, purchase a Bugatti. Only 1.6 million.
Mini Coopers are massed produced, and they claim there are over 10 million possible combinations when you build a car on their website. The degree of choice is quite insane. No reason GM shouldn't be able to offer more choices.

But GM decided to go with "Simplified Ordering." From the latest sales guide, "The all-new Corvette Stingray offers a reduced number of trim levels (going from four with the previous generation Corvette, to three today) and simplified ordering that will make it easier to stock and sell."

I'm a little confused about the contrast stitching - they make a big deal of it on the website and in earlier documentation, but don't even mention it in the latest sales guide or order guide. It needs to be a choice, rather than set combinations.

I'm getting the Brownstone interior, so Kalahari stitching is fine. But if I was getting a VY with Jet Black, I wouldn't want white stitching. However, that would be great with AW.

Maybe we just don't know what GM is thinking with the stitching. They certainly didn't explain that the dash is different with the Kalahari and Brownstone interiors (completely covered, not black.)

Get notified of new replies

To Contrast Stitching, Who Gets What?

Quick Reply: Contrast Stitching, Who Gets What?