Now, now boys. Play nice.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:18 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by King Richard
Now, now boys. Play nice.

I am absolutely playing nice. Merely asking that my opinions be given the same considerations of others and my character or capabilities not be minimized or called names. Just common decency and respect
Old 04-14-2013, 03:12 PM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
In Canada I would not waste my time trying to get a 2014 from a Canadian dealer. They will make it very expensive for you and very profitable for them. Wait until the dust settles on the C7 and they are sitting on the lots. After the initial early adopters pay the hefty premium the dealers will be willing to be reasonable on price. If you wait until the 2015 model you will have the advantage of second year changes and better pricing.
There are ways to get a new one into Canada, if you really want to buy one at the US price. I did it with a 2013 Sierra Denali 3500 HD DRW just a little while back...saved over 21K doing it too. You just need to know who to deal with...
Old 04-14-2013, 03:17 PM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
Comparing discounts on Corvettes is as "Apples to Apples" as you can get.

5 figure discounts on Corvettes have been available for many years. There are $20,000 discounts on some Corvette models currently. You obviously have no clue and should not be attempting to straighten anyone out here.
Apples to Apples is a 2014 C7 to a 2014 C7 and it's highly unlikely that there will be anything more than a token discount available, if one is fortunate enough to even get one...

Given the allotment and the market on this car, MSRP or a tad less is the "deal' for the most part.

He is not wrong...and most here would disagree with your comments.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:08 PM
z06 vett
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HELP needed!, dealer to provide c7 for supper charger upgrade?

I have had a friend ask me for a c7 and a supper charger upgrade. Some salesperson in Atlanta. Promised him a 5000 dollar discount off msrp:
He has driven to Atlanta for his c5/c6.
Getting OE dealers to follow the law.
The Magnasun Warranty act is hard enough. Never mind installing proven aftermarket upgrades. I sold GM when the c5 hit the ground. Heck, I have the dealer package.

The smart phone and full internet access have change everything. The re calibration of the ECU is 14 years more matured. The c7 is set to be the next greatest car out of the US. I have a 2011 mustang gt with $30k in upgrades. Tuned via remote . The hot engine temp test was 584whp. Mpg 23.8 at 70mph. This is after 18k hard miles. Warranty engine work completed the day before(o2 sensor). I have a Ford dealer with a qualified man behind the counter. We will build and tune on site.

GM LLC( another slick move) has aftermarket tools to write over the ECU. This is next.
My point is if you have enough cash to buy a c7 you will certainly shop with modern technology to save your" hard earned "dollars. Aftermarket customization is maturing at a faster pace. Better quality ,cheaper prices, faster turn around with near instant gratification. Why manufactures think we have not notice manufacturing cost have lowered for everything. Labor cost are stagnant. The insurance ,tax ,rent, fuel,heath care and utilities rose. Leasing has been the only way i can get new cars. The c7 will not have a great lease. Ill have to wait a few years like i've done in the past. My total investment in our home is now (cash) lost. This could have been a zr1. The rules have changed. Tools have changed. Why would we follow a system that makes more cash than we can? I have had three new cars and a couple used in the last five years. The Z06 c5 completely change my life. What started has a hobby has turned into inventing my occupation.
IF any off you can tell me about a vett dealer interested in modifying a c7 auto coupe for a one payment plan.i am all ears. The warranty will be addressed. Full support by all the best available.
Next car c5/c6 auto for daily driver.
Sorry for the rant,
Z06 vett

Quick Reply: NO StingRay for YOU!