C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you order your Corvette with an AWD option if available? YES or NO. No debate
YES
37.08%
NO
62.92%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Would you order your Corvette with an AWD option if available? YES or NO. No debate

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 03:56 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Your source of info on the 90% Conservative Republicans please ??
I was wondering that also.

Now that the DCT poll (!!!) got locked, this one can't be far behind since Guibo decided to sling some political nonsense in here.

So, I think the next poll should be whether the C7 should be mid-engine (engine behind the driver).

Jimmy
Old 04-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,382 Likes on 2,070 Posts

Originally Posted by 427 C5
When are you going to understand this BASIC concept:
AWD is the best solution on the STREET where we have cold and wet roads in less than perfect condition and don't have the benefit of prepped surface found on a track.

The most powerful production car DOES had AWD, so you are wrong again and your argument has been refuted.

Please stop repeating the same nonsense like a crazed homeless person.
Says the persons that won't accept the answers from GM on why GM does things. And keeps going on , and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, about AWD on the C7.

He said NOTHING about on the street or anywhere else. NO qualifications of his statement. He made an absolute statement that is absolutely factually untrue.

AWD is not better in every way. Better is lighter. AWD is not lighter. Can you factually demonstrate where the AWD version of a car is lighter than the same car in RWD?

The quickest cars in the world are Top Fuel dragsters, they are RWD. It is a fact. He said NOTHING about production cars.

Look up the fastest times on any well known road race course, post any that are AWD cars. I will post 10 that are RWD for every one you come up with.

Give up. The C7 Corvette will not have a mechanical AWD in its entire run.

Take your complaint about the lack of AWD straight to GM. Come back and tell us what they say. Be sure to be as rude to them as you are on this forum. You are accomplishing nothing here to make the Corvette AWD.

If you think it is worthwhile to make a Corvette AWD, have one modified yourself. There have been of pictures posted of people that have done it already. Tell us how that works out for you. Heck they put a GT-R driveline in a Juke, you should be able to do that to a Corvette.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

First time in my experience on this forum needing to use the Ignore List. Thanks for the suggestions for those that pm'ed me about 427 C5. This works much better.

-Alex
Old 04-30-2013, 04:30 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Nope.
I've got a BIG smile because I've owned Corvettes for almost 20 years and I will be driving mine today while you still own nothing but Fast and Furious dreams.
And, I have an AWD sedan for the winters.

What is killing me is that GM refuses to compete with the imports and that trollls on this forum encourage Corvette owners to join your clueless Fast and Furious crowd by buying a GTR instead of encouraging GM to simply offer AWD and DCT as Corvette OPTIONS.

He Dom-
Maybe you can teach us how to do your "double clutching" in your civic and how to strategically push the NOS button in the middle of a race ?????
I don't want an AWD Corvette and I've been a Corvette owner close to 35 years, and currently have three Corvettes(all RWD) in my garage. One of them is a straight axle.

I don't even have a AWD for the winters. My RWD supercharged Mercedes 4 door sedan gets me where I want to go.

I don't play videos games.

Last edited by JoesC5; 04-30-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:38 PM
427 C5
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Now that the DCT poll (!!!) got locked, this one can't be far behind
If you can't refute what someone is saying, the only thing you have left is to admit they are right...... or censor them.

I thought this was the United States and not North Korea ?????
Old 04-30-2013, 05:02 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

If you can't refute what someone is saying, the only thing you have left is to admit they are right...... or censor them.

I thought this was the United States and not North Korea ?????

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...ensorship.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...questions.html

Quick Reply: Would you order your Corvette with an AWD option if available? YES or NO. No debate