Sponsored by:

The attention this car gets

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 09:27 AM
JRBurn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The attention this car gets

I really can’t believe the attention this car gets, I live in L.A. and my job has me driving all over and I have yet to see a C7 on the road.

Last night on my way home I noticed a car was fallowing me (a Chrysler Crossfire) and when I pulled into my garage they stopped in front of my driveway, I went to see what’s up and it was a guy and his teenage son and they asked to see the car and I said sure, after 30 min of talking about the car I had to say goodnight (they could spent all night talking) I was tired.

Now if this could happen with the opposite gender my life would be perfect!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:07 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

The best part is after they personally see it and realize the entry price point is (only) $51K, they process everything and exclaim what a great deal it is. A world class sports car that's 99% perfect for that price. The common denominator on their faces is "WOW"
Old 11-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Enjoy it!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 AM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by C7_Stingray
A world class sports car that's 99% perfect for that price.
I don't think that Y2K+1 VETTE OR jagamajajaran would agree with that.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I literally get as much attention in my new C7 as I did in my Gallardo.... which honestly shocked the hell out of me.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:27 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Motohead279
I literally get as much attention in my new C7 as I did in my Gallardo.... which honestly shocked the hell out of me.

I would hope so, also because the C7 is produced in the USA by very hard working BG employees who take pride & joy in their deliverables. We should be proud of our world class sports car. P.C. enough?
Old 11-17-2013, 01:29 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Luckily they were good folks.

Congrats on a neighborhood charmer.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:29 PM
CitznFish
Drifting

Received 1,347 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Motohead279
2 years from now no one will look twice at the C7, but the Gallardo will be like the High School beauty who looks just like she did her senior yer.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:36 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by CitznFish
2 years from now no one will look twice at the C7, but the Gallardo will be like the High School beauty who looks just like she did her senior yer.
I hope so... too much attention isn't a good thing IMO. I buy cars for me and not to impress others and I find too much attention gets annoying after a while... people standing around and looking at your car at the mall, following you, etc. Having said that, I didn't do myself any favours ordering Torch Red with black wheels...
Old 11-17-2013, 01:37 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CitznFish
Hmm not really sure about that... because I still take double-looks when I see a clean well-kept C6 on the road. Point is the C6 can still turn heads, and currently the C7 can break your C1-C7 (cervical vert's)
Old 11-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Originally Posted by C7_Stingray
Hmm not really sure about that... because I still take double-looks when I see a clean well-kept C6 on the road. Point is the C6 can still turn heads, and currently the C7 can break your C1-C7 (cervical vert's)
I must admit, as huge of a Corvette fan as I am, when I see another C6 on the road I don't gasp out loud like I did on Friday when a Gallardo convertible passed me on the highway. Lambos and most Ferraris will always cause me to stop whatever I'm doing to take notice, but I don't feel the same way when I see another C6. I've yet to see a C7 on the road, so I'm sure it'll have the same effect on me as Lambos do at first, but I do think that in a couple of years it won't be quite the same.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:05 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Patman
I must admit, as huge of a Corvette fan as I am, when I see another C6 on the road I don't gasp out loud like I did on Friday when a Gallardo convertible passed me on the highway. Lambos and most Ferraris will always cause me to stop whatever I'm doing to take notice, but I don't feel the same way when I see another C6. I've yet to see a C7 on the road, so I'm sure it'll have the same effect on me as Lambos do at first, but I do think that in a couple of years it won't be quite the same.
Yup that's true, I do agree... exotic sports cars are eye-catching no matter how old they are. A Countach or a Diablo still turns my heads too. Totally admire those cars. I appreciate all types of sports cars and classic/muscle cars so I guess I always will admire them no matter what. It's true indeed the C7 will be just another Corvette in a year or so... reminds me of the 5th gen Camaro when it was released in 2009-2010, everyone was going ga-ga over it. Now not so much.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:46 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JRBurn
Last night on my way home I noticed a car was fallowing me (a Chrysler Crossfire) and when I pulled into my garage they stopped in front of my driveway, I went to see what’s up and it was a guy and his teenage son and they asked to see the car and I said sure, after 30 min of talking about the car I had to say goodnight (they could spent all night talking) I was tired.
Same thing happened to me yesterday. A guy in a pickup truck followed me to my driveway and wanted to see the car up close. He had just put in his order for one, target delivery next May!
Old 11-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Almost every time I take my Stingray out, someone stops me or rolls down their window to admire the car.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:33 PM
SLBelt
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 45 Posts

So, I was out at the F1 race today at COTA parked in the RV area. I, of course, had the Crystal Red Stingray. It was parked right next to a heavily modified F430 Scud. It was cracking me up all of the people stopping and taking pictures of the Stingray and then giving the Scud a quick glance. I guess they've seen a lot of 430's but not too many new stingrays. I probably had 15 conversations about the car since every time I would walk around the RV's to see if someone else was looking at it, I would have another discussion about it. Clearly a car guy event and you could tell...
Old 11-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

I really can’t believe the attention this car gets,

These people need to get a life.

(they could spent all night talking) I was tired.
Get some game and a life yourself, and quit talking to car loving geeks that are the same gender as you.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 11-17-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

I really can’t believe the attention this car gets, I live in L.A. and my job has me driving all over and I have yet to see a C7 on the road.

JRBurn,

Cool story! Glad to hear how much you're enjoying your C7 and the attention it's bringing. I hope you wish many more miles of smiles.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Get notified of new replies

To The attention this car gets

Old 11-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by SLBelt
So, I was out at the F1 race today at COTA parked in the RV area. I, of course, had the Crystal Red Stingray. It was parked right next to a heavily modified F430 Scud. It was cracking me up all of the people stopping and taking pictures of the Stingray and then giving the Scud a quick glance. I guess they've seen a lot of 430's but not too many new stingrays. I probably had 15 conversations about the car since every time I would walk around the RV's to see if someone else was looking at it, I would have another discussion about it. Clearly a car guy event and you could tell...

That's awesome! When I first saw pictures of the C7 in January, the first thing that came to mind is that the Stingray looks a lot like the F12 Berlinetta. And that's a good thing-more of a Euro design is alright.

I'm not a Ferrari fan-I'm a huge Lamborghini fan. So anytime a Ferrari gets overlooked is fine in my book.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:57 PM
bobterryfic
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took NCM delivery of my Chrystal Red Stingray 9 days ago, and every time I drive it people are pulling along side and waving thumbs up. It seems that lots of folks are in love with the styling changes, especially the rear end treatment. The amount of attention the C7 is getting is flattering to say the least, almost to an embarrassing point. Yes, as more C7s are on the road the newness will decline, but like my red C5 vert, I bet it's gonna be an eye pleaser for years to come.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:09 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,431 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Let the kids climb in and check it out. You'll hook 'em on vettes forever.

Quick Reply: The attention this car gets