C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cyber Gray

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 03:18 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray23
do the black top but get a brighter interior.

The Gray interior would be classy with CG.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 622 Likes on 424 Posts

I was leaning towards Night Race Blue, but my wife likes Cyber Gray. She is picking the color and I am picking the options.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,160 Likes on 6,209 Posts

Laguna Blue with black wheels, yellow calipers:
Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ
This C6 cyber gray with red looks real good to me. The C7 red interior is a little different shade but should be just as appealing.

I miss having the red interior but GM doesn't offer it on the 4lt, 3zr, or 1sc groups.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Old 03-24-2013, 06:44 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by blackdevil77
hmmm... What color combo could be both elegant/classy and mean, street fighter etc?
black on black!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:48 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
My wife likes Cyber Gray. I'm purchasing a convertible, definitely a black top with a matching black interior. I am wondering if a gray, black and black is to dull? Want the black top for durability, it will be cycling quite a bit. Interior; black holds up very well, but not mandatory.
How about the colors you mentioned with the brown interior? CG black top, brown.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by speedlink
black on black!
You mean like this?

I would love to see a REAL picture of this color combo. In person would be even better.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Cyber Gray..red 3LT interior
Old 03-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Tannman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cyber Gray . . . Kalahari 2LT interior . . .
Old 03-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 407 Likes on 223 Posts

Black Z51 vert, silver wheels, and saddle interior for me!

I liked CRM and TR, but need a change for my C7.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Kival
Intermediate

I kinda like it. Its not too dark and when you get up close there's some nice blues showing through. I definitely wouldn't put it on too many cars, but here it really does look stunning.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ
This C6 cyber gray with red looks real good to me. The C7 red interior is a little different shade but should be just as appealing.

Wow that's beautiful.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:05 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

The darker colors definitely diminish the harsh contrast between the carbon flash and the body color. Because of the carbon flash paint the rear has an unwarranted delineation that just does not coalesce with the overall design aesthetic of the car. There is however one exception and that being the color white where the contrast is expected.

My suggestion and it would be great if I had the time to Photoshop it would be to re-paint the back carbon panel to match the body color but add 40-45% gray to the OEM paint. This will use color more effectively to soften the transition point from valance to the upper rear yet preserving the original intention of the designers . Essentially you are changing the hue and saturation point of the valance so it will blend and will IMHO remove the conspicuous break line [ obstructing the flow of the rear design] which is now in an overly high contrast state.

Last edited by User 2623; 06-07-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:27 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Color choice is so personal...

It is interesting to me in reading the many posts concerning what is the "best" color on the C7. In all my other car purchases, I always knew within literally 2 minutes what color I wanted. Perhaps this is a compliment to the C7 but it looked SO GOOD to me in a variety of colors, that, for the first time in my life, I couldn't decide (some people always have trouble making decisions, what is strange in this scenario is I am the opposite type of person) so what to do...

I went to the Chicago Auto Show to see it in person (all they had was the torch red), I went down to Bowling Green KY to the plant at the Bash and saw laguna blue, crystal red, black, night race blue in person.

I was leaning heavily towards cyber grey or crystal red prior to that trip and what happened shocked me. I thought the laguna blue looked amazing (never had or wanted a blue car) and the blade silver was absolutely stunning. Also amazing in that I never wanted a silver car.

Here is the most hilarious part of my story, what did I end up ordering (I made the first consensus so I will have one of the first stingrays out there) ARTIC WHITE Again, this is bizarre for me as my C6 was triple black vert, my C5 was mag red, and I normally find white cars boring.... But I saw a picture of an artic white with adrenaline red interior red calipers and black wheels with carbon black spoiler and mirrors with clear carbon hood. This contrast, along with the vents, rear, wheels, and tinting the windows will to my tastes, look stunning.

I really think the C7 looks amazing in almost any color, so, enjoy your new stingrays and I can't wait to see them all at a big national corvette event
Old 06-08-2013, 11:52 AM
DesertDog
Instructor

Originally Posted by AVETTE
It is interesting to me in reading the many posts concerning what is the "best" color on the C7. In all my other car purchases, I always knew within literally 2 minutes what color I wanted. Perhaps this is a compliment to the C7 but it looked SO GOOD to me in a variety of colors, that, for the first time in my life, I couldn't decide (some people always have trouble making decisions, what is strange in this scenario is I am the opposite type of person) so what to do...

I went to the Chicago Auto Show to see it in person (all they had was the torch red), I went down to Bowling Green KY to the plant at the Bash and saw laguna blue, crystal red, black, night race blue in person.

I was leaning heavily towards cyber grey or crystal red prior to that trip and what happened shocked me. I thought the laguna blue looked amazing (never had or wanted a blue car) and the blade silver was absolutely stunning. Also amazing in that I never wanted a silver car.

Here is the most hilarious part of my story, what did I end up ordering (I made the first consensus so I will have one of the first stingrays out there) ARTIC WHITE Again, this is bizarre for me as my C6 was triple black vert, my C5 was mag red, and I normally find white cars boring.... But I saw a picture of an artic white with adrenaline red interior red calipers and black wheels with carbon black spoiler and mirrors with clear carbon hood. This contrast, along with the vents, rear, wheels, and tinting the windows will to my tastes, look stunning.

I really think the C7 looks amazing in almost any color, so, enjoy your new stingrays and I can't wait to see them all at a big national corvette event
I have gone through the same process. Artic white is stunning. If I do order this year, it will be that exact combination.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
My wife likes Cyber Gray. I'm purchasing a convertible, definitely a black top with a matching black interior. I am wondering if a gray, black and black is to dull? Want the black top for durability, it will be cycling quite a bit. Interior; black holds up very well, but not mandatory.
Depends where you live. I live in Florida and black interior verts are not a good idea in the summer.

Get notified of new replies

To Cyber Gray

Old 06-08-2013, 08:47 PM
TRAKCAR
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

NRB with Brownstone for me.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I had a hard time between the night race blue and the crystal red tint....the wife decided for me and we went with the crt. I don't much care for lighter color interiors and I didn't want all black either so we went with brownstone int.....not sure how that combo will look but I fell in love with the brown so that's what I ordered. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:15 PM
CJJ
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OnPoint
I really like the CG (currently own a CG vette) and I like the new tan interior. Trying to convince myself those two colors actually match - grey and brown.

Might lead me to NRB and tan, which would seem to match better.
well Ferrari does it. I am doing CG with Kalahari.

Quick Reply: Cyber Gray