Sponsored by:

Hendrick Chevy in Buford, GA

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:19 PM
1analguy
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder22
...Just call one of the forum vendors (I'm partial to Kerbeck, ask for Dave), tell them you're not local and they'll handle it from there...
Calling is apparently really important. Last fall, when I was shopping prices right before the '13 Corvette ordering deadline, I sent multiple e-mails to Kerbeck, MacMulkin, and Coughlin (in Ohio). Neither Kerbeck nor MacMulkin ever returned any of my e-mails...and I also tried using the "contact us" functions on their own websites. I did get an immediate response from Coughlin, though. My point is, if you call them, then there can be no misunderstandings...
Old 03-13-2013, 08:54 PM
jmungiel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder22
It's no different than buying locally and doing the deal over the phone. Just call one of the forum vendors (I'm partial to Kerbeck, ask for Dave), tell them you're not local and they'll handle it from there. They do this for a living and know how to handle it.

Good luck.
+1

Dave Salvatore and Dave Brown at Kerbeck are exceptional. Thoroughly enjoyed my dealings with them an the dealership.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:55 PM
jmungiel
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1analguy
Calling is apparently really important. Last fall, when I was shopping prices right before the '13 Corvette ordering deadline, I sent multiple e-mails to Kerbeck, MacMulkin, and Coughlin (in Ohio). Neither Kerbeck nor MacMulkin ever returned any of my e-mails...and I also tried using the "contact us" functions on their own websites. I did get an immediate response from Coughlin, though. My point is, if you call them, then there can be no misunderstandings...

You got it right. Phone is still the best mode of comm.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:57 PM
sprtplt
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jmungiel
You got it right. Phone is still the best mode of comm.
Not among the younger customer GM is after.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 AM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,737 Likes on 876 Posts

I just returned from a nice trip to Savannah. While there Hendrick chevy advertised heavily on the radio. The wording on one was "buy a Silverado and get a Cruze free". That would be enough for me.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:29 AM
billythekid310
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aub4life
Hi, All. First post although I have been lurking for awhile.

I have wanted a Vette since I was 9 and am finally in a position to get one. The C7 is HOT!

I live in the Atlanta area and would most likely go to Rick Hendrick Chevy in Buford, GA to get mine.

Does anyone here know anything about the dealership? Good guys? Knowledgeable sales guys? Service guys?

Thanks in advance!
I don't know where this thread has gone because I did not read through it but first are you talking about the dealership off of Satellite Blvd? That's in Duluth... anyway We've purchased two 2007 Corvettes (Coupe and Vert) and a 2009 Coupe from this dealership, they are great people. We got good pricing and the service section is amazing. They changed the motor in my 2007 Coupe after it blew up under warranty and a few other minor problems that I have run into.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:34 AM
aub4life
Advanced

Originally Posted by billythekid310
I don't know where this thread has gone because I did not read through it but first are you talking about the dealership off of Satellite Blvd? That's in Duluth... anyway We've purchased two 2007 Corvettes (Coupe and Vert) and a 2009 Coupe from this dealership, they are great people. We got good pricing and the service section is amazing. They changed the motor in my 2007 Coupe after it blew up under warranty and a few other minor problems that I have run into.
I started out asking about the one in Buford b/c I assumed they have a larger selection. But, I admit I haven't visited the one in Duluth. You are the 2nd or 3rd person to give them good reviews. I have been especially interested in people's comments on how good their service department is.

Thanks for the feedback!!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:37 AM
billythekid310
Pro

I started out asking about the one in Buford b/c I assumed they have a larger selection. But, I admit I haven't visited the one in Duluth. You are the 2nd or 3rd person to give them good reviews. I have been especially interested in people's comments on how good their service department is.

Thanks for the feedback!!
Ha I did not even know there was one in Buford... Anyway this is where (The one in Duluth) I will be getting my C7! Good luck with your search.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:41 AM
aub4life
Advanced

Ha I did not even know there was one in Buford... Anyway this is where (The one in Duluth) I will be getting my C7! Good luck with your search.
Would you recommend a specific salesperson? Any preference?
Old 03-14-2013, 08:54 AM
billythekid310
Pro

Would you recommend a specific salesperson? Any preference?
Unfortunately the sales guy we used, Allen (can not think of his last name at the moment) is not there anymore and he sold us all three Corvettes. They do have a new "Corvette" salesman but I have no idea what his name is. I test drove the ZL1 Camaro there with him and he seems like a nice guy and has the normal car salesman persistency.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:59 AM
aub4life
Advanced

Unfortunately the sales guy we used, Allen (can not think of his last name at the moment) is not there anymore and he sold us all three Corvettes. They do have a new "Corvette" salesman but I have no idea what his name is. I test drove the ZL1 Camaro there with him and he seems like a nice guy and has the normal car salesman persistency.
Thanks, Kid!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:28 AM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Received 664 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by rob62
I just returned from a nice trip to Savannah. While there Hendrick chevy advertised heavily on the radio. The wording on one was "buy a Silverado and get a Cruze free". That would be enough for me.
How 'bout buy a Siverado, and get a C7 for free.

Seriously, do you think that they would be giving the better part of a $20K discount on a pick up truck???!!! Don't walk......RUN!!!

IF that truly is the case, they have their Silverados marked up over MSRP with "additional Dealer profit".
Old 03-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

Originally Posted by jmungiel
+1

Dave Salvatore and Dave Brown at Kerbeck are exceptional. Thoroughly enjoyed my dealings with them an the dealership.

Dave is really great to deal with

Just a note regarding forum dealers:

When the C6 Z06 came out there were problems with one forum dealer (now gone). As a result of the controversy, the rules regarding problems with forum dealers changed.

Quick Reply: Hendrick Chevy in Buford, GA