Sponsored by:

Premature infatuation?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Allen_B
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

Default Premature infatuation?

As I look at the various posts about the C7 I found myself a bit torn.

I admit I was not bowled-over by the C7 coupe release event. In fact, I felt the C7 coupe was a bit to GT-R for my personal taste but I guess that's why Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors....

Then comes the rendering and the eventual reveal of the convertible version and I admit I am becoming a bit more enamored with the C7. This may be attributed to my affinity for rag-tops but I have to say the convertible is sharp!

I am the thankful owner of a C6 convertible and so love the looks and feel of my car! With that, I am beginning to wonder what the evolution of the C7 will be in a few years. I ponder this because I have no intention to shift to a C7 in the near-term thanks (mainly) to finances and because I have a wait-and-see perspective.

With that, I will be looking at retiring from the Navy somewhere between 2018 and 2020 and the future of the C7, while interesting is unavoidably tied to the general automobile trends. It seems that we have been enjoying a "guilded age" for automotive performance for a number of years, I just can't help but wonder what the future holds...

Perhaps a 2015-2016 maxed-out C7 convertible is in my future before the performance axe falls, reminiscent of the early 70's. Is my infatuation with the C7 a little premature or do you see a long run for performance and continued performance? I have to admit (flame suit on) that I see the C7 as a "transitional" platform to allow for a shift from the C6 to what the Corvette is intended to be. I say that because I feel as if the C7 will be a short-run (less than 5 years) to usher in the car GM wants in a C8.

Allen
Old 03-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Allen_B
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteInILL
Dam I had that last night made a big sticky mess too!
Hence my quandry...
Old 03-08-2013, 05:07 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So let me see, you want us to tell you the future, right? Heck, we don't even really know the present fully yet! We know there is at least one more hi-po model/engine coming, probably two.

This idea that the C7 will be uniquely 'transitional' is hilarious. All generations of all cars are transitional.

I'm sure someone will come on here and write a whole page of BS to tell you their opinion but they won't have a clue what they are talking about.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:02 PM
putterf
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx

This idea that the C7 will be uniquely 'transitional' is hilarious. All generations of all cars are transitional.
Of course, you are correct but the big question is, transition to what? I wonder how long it will be before the Vette is a hybrid. Now that Ferrari has done it, it's officially OK for sports cars.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:31 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by putterf
Of course, you are correct but the big question is, transition to what? I wonder how long it will be before the Vette is a hybrid. Now that Ferrari has done it, it's officially OK for sports cars.
No doubt there will be some form of hybrid assist in the future. When and how it is done is unknown. Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, etc all will do so at some point.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:10 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

If you have a convertible c6 I can understand your plan to hang back awhile ....whether it's a c7 or not...that only time will tell.

Both generations,are beautiful convertibles..

Get notified of new replies

To Premature infatuation?

Quick Reply: Premature infatuation?