C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7's performance on Nürburgring comparing to C6 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 06:39 AM
Mr.Chevy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7's performance on Nürburgring comparing to C6 ?

Comparing to C6 ZR1's 7:19 , ZO6's 7:22
What do you think about C7 ?
Old 03-01-2013, 06:59 AM
zo6 FTW
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lots of factors can change the outcome, beside we don't know the true potential of the stingray yet, but if i had to guess i would say around the high 30s and low 40s.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:26 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

That is a hard question to answer. We have know real data on the car yet, only what we have been told by GM. I know they said that the C7 was performing competitively with the Z06 at VIR, but again what does that mean? was it with in tenth or two in lap times or close enough so as to say the the Z would not simply run off and hide.

I expect the C7 to perform better then say the base C6 or even the GS, but I am not going out on the limb at this point and saying it will out perform the Z06 or be right with it. I will wait for the real testing to start and we get the real performance data.

I know when the car made it appearance and it was released for one of the video games there were claims that it was running some great time on in the game, but as I stated in those post a game is different then the real world.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:50 AM
GmdVT
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 227 Posts

I have it on good authority it will post a sub 6 minute time
Old 03-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BWF07
That is a hard question to answer. We have know real data on the car yet, only what we have been told by GM. I know they said that the C7 was performing competitively with the Z06 at VIR, but again what does that mean? was it with in tenth or two in lap times or close enough so as to say the the Z would not simply run off and hide.

I expect the C7 to perform better then say the base C6 or even the GS, but I am not going out on the limb at this point and saying it will out perform the Z06 or be right with it. I will wait for the real testing to start and we get the real performance data.

I know when the car made it appearance and it was released for one of the video games there were claims that it was running some great time on in the game, but as I stated in those post a game is different then the real world.
By some reports the new C7 has already run the ring and did so sometime around last September or October.

There was a very suspicious page in the service manual posted here where the dashboard depicted a lap time in-between the known ring times of the ZR1 and Z07. If it was not an actual time it was certainly an intention on GM's part to suggest one.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:21 AM
LT1_E85_Corvette
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shurshot
By some reports the new C7 has already run the ring and did so sometime around last September or October.

There was a very suspicious page in the service manual posted here where the dashboard depicted a lap time in-between the known ring times of the ZR1 and Z07. If it was not an actual time it was certainly an intention on GM's part to suggest one.
I remember that little Easter egg actually. What was in the dash? 7:22 or 7:23? I highly doubt it was real however, if it is....
Old 03-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Knowing what we know now I'd say low 7:30s.

The Porsche 991S posted a 7:37 and I think the C7 Z51 will out perform it pretty easily especially on a power and grip track like that.

Last edited by Kappa; 03-01-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LS3_E85_Corvette
I remember that little Easter egg actually. What was in the dash? 7:22 or 7:23? I highly doubt it was real however, if it is....
If I remember correctly the time was 7.21:58.

Such an obvious intent of a claim IMO makes GM responsible via the oath for truth in advertising. However, because they're showing a different track layout on the same screen shot could be a planned excuse to say they never intended those numbers to represent a ring time for the C7
Old 03-01-2013, 11:37 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I find that a little hard to believe that GM had a C7 mule over in Germany to see what it would do on the ring.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 AM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

I didn't expect a new run until they have a couple cars to run. Given the effort required in renting the track and getting everyone there, including cars, it's not a cheap endeavor.

I fully expect C7, Z51 and L88/ZXX runs when the first performance variant has had its debut.

If I had to guess, 7:30-ish for the Z51. 7:15 for the first performance variant. Under 7 minutes for the final 'hypercar killer' they've eluded to (if its ever made).
Old 03-01-2013, 11:52 AM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Chevy
Comparing to C6 ZR1's 7:19 , ZO6's 7:22
What do you think about C7 ?
Better car or better tires? Why not make C2 run around the ring on ply tires and then compare? Wait and see perhaps?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BWF07
I find that a little hard to believe that GM had a C7 mule over in Germany to see what it would do on the ring.
As I remember the story GM had the new Cadillac there as well as a couple of other cars.

The new Shelby GT 500 was already out on the road before pictures of a preproduction model surfaced running the ring in the rain. Something that Ford has yet to admit to.

Last edited by Shurshot; 03-01-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:58 AM
greengo
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kappa
Knowing what we know now I'd say low 7:30s.

The Porsche 991S posted a 7:37 and I think the C7 Z51 will out perform it pretty easily especially on a power and grip track like that.
If something doesnt break first or one of the taped on body panels fly off!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:19 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

If I remember correctly the time was 7.21:58.

Such an obvious intent of a claim IMO makes GM responsible via the oath for truth in advertising. However, because they're showing a different track layout on the same screen shot could be a planned excuse to say they never intended those numbers to represent a ring time for the C7
I realize the C7 chassis is according to GM an much stiffer chassis then that of the C6, and the torque curve is in the comes in quicker the the LS3 more on the LS7 range, but I find the times you are posting a little hard to believe. that is just 3 seconds slower then the ZR1. I will be blown away if they can turn a 7:21 in the Z51, and I think GM will be too.

Get notified of new replies

To C7's performance on Nürburgring comparing to C6 ?

Quick Reply: C7's performance on Nürburgring comparing to C6 ?