Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet Streaming
At Least this looks like a Corvette!
It does look like a Corvette..I agree.. However it is the old model.there is a new Corvette . I could show you models C1 to C6 and they are all Corvettes. Each has its own style.
The new car is here you have to get past that and embrace change. It is ok really , you will be fine..
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

At Least this looks like a Corvette from the rear!
And this doesn't, right?

BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 822 Likes on 391 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Up until a few days ago I was not at all impressed with the car. Don't ask me why I changed my way of thinking, but I did. I will admit that I am still not in love with the rear of the car, and no it is not the tail lights. There is just something about it that just does not seem to fit the rest of the package.

What I will say, is I am tired of hearing Camaro tail lights. For people claiming to be Corvette enthusiast and car guys/gals I don't see Camaro tail lights. What I see is a redefined tail light design from the 2009 Corvette Concept.

Is there anything about the C7 that will stop be from buying one, NO. When the time is right I will have a C7.

I hope this is what you were looking for.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 AM
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bill17601
It does look like a Corvette..I agree.. However it is the old model.there is a new Corvette . I could show you models C1 to C6 and they are all Corvettes. Each has its own style.
The new car is here you have to get past that and embrace change. It is ok really , you will be fine..
I don't know that we need to "embrace" change simply for the sake of change, but Jet Streaming's criticisms are exactly what I have a problem with. It's as if he doesn't really have a problem with they styling...if it were just called something else. The fact that it's a Corvette means it has to be confined to some sort of perceived idea. Personally, I sure am happy that the designers of the C2 didn't have to worry about people like Jet Streaming or the most beautiful Corvette ever built would never have been designed.

But on the other hand, if the complaint is that the design is too busy or contains unattractive elements REGARDLESS of the name of the car, then that's a bit different. I consider those to be legitimate criticisms. Just my opinion of course.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:56 AM
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BWF07
Up until a few days ago I was not at all impressed with the car. Don't ask me why I changed my way of thinking, but I did. I will admit that I am still not in love with the rear of the car, and no it is not the tail lights. There is just something about it that just does not seem to fit the rest of the package.

What I will say, is I am tired of hearing Camaro tail lights. For people claiming to be Corvette enthusiast and car guys/gals I don't see Camaro tail lights. What I see is a redefined tail light design from the 2009 Corvette Concept.

Is there anything about the C7 that will stop be from buying one, NO. When the time is right I will have a C7.

I hope this is what you were looking for.
Sounds like much of my own opinion.

But I have a slightly different view. I'm retiring soon. More than likely, whatever I buy will be in my garage when I turn up my toes. I don't think I'll have the retirement income to purchase another one.

So the question my wife and I have is do we want to spend the money for a new one or for an older (c2/c3) model? The C7 will quickly depreciate. The c2/c3 will appreciate.

What I was looking for was one that would address all my concerns, particularly the interior...which has not impressed.

So I'm still waiting to see one in person, but I'm leaning toward the older models.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 AM
RockIT9
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it, but not as much as i like the front. Unlike my c6 i love the rear and the front equally. If that makes any sense
Old 02-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Jet Streaming
Racer

Originally Posted by RockIT9
I like it, but not as much as i like the front. Unlike my c6 i love the rear and the front equally. If that makes any sense
It makes total sense because the front has pleanty of Corvette heritage in it the rear however not so much.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Jet Streaming
Racer

Originally Posted by JACKAL0PE
And this doesn't, right?

I would be thrilled if the C7 took styling cues from this car.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:14 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

But I have a slightly different view. I'm retiring soon. More than likely, whatever I buy will be in my garage when I turn up my toes. I don't think I'll have the retirement income to purchase another one.

So the question my wife and I have is do we want to spend the money for a new one or for an older (c2/c3) model? The C7 will quickly depreciate. The c2/c3 will appreciate.

What I was looking for was one that would address all my concerns, particularly the interior...which has not impressed.

So I'm still waiting to see one in person, but I'm leaning toward the older models.
I have thought of the same thing....for about 10 seconds. Then I realize that I buy cars to drive them, not as museum pieces. No matter what you think, you will not want to go out and put any significant miles on an older car. There are many reasons, the driving experience won't be what you want, parts and service will eat you alive etc. An older car is great for going out for a five or ten mile drive on a nice day, but you'll actually get your money's worth out of a new car even though it might (MIGHT) cost you more money.

Ask people with older Corvettes how much it really costs them when stuff is breaking all the time and they have to find sources for parts and service.

Good luck either way. Oh, and I have come to like the rear end....I think. Will have to see it in person though.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:14 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 822 Likes on 391 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I understand where you are coming from, and retired 4 years ago. I have had at least one of every generation except the C1, so the wife knew I would be moving up to a C6 after having my C5 for almost 6 year. The reason I say the time is not right for me to get a C7 now is just that. When I purchased the C6, I told the wife that I would not be touching any of the retirement money or investments. It would be out of the normal monthly budget. So when I purchase the C7 it will be a used C7, not new. The other car which is the DD is always the new car oh and that is her car of course.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:25 AM
2K14C7
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 522 Likes on 323 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

I like it. Takes the Corvette to another level and fits the rest of the car perfectly. Personally, I'm GLAD they have moved away from round tail lights.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

I like the whole package.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

hate it! Hate, hate, hate Besides its truly ugly!
have you decided that the C7 is not for you then ?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 AM
richgoat
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Hated it in the drawings, dislike it in the pictures and videos, love it in person.

Something about this car that does not translate very well into pictures and videos. In person, I thought it looked great and fit the car very well.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

At Least this looks like a Corvette from the rear!
Your right because tacky chrome and crappy louvers on the rear license plate screms "old man in a corvette" I think that's why Gm went the direction they did is to get away from that.. flame on
Old 02-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Jet Streaming
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
have you decided that the C7 is not for you then ?
Im still on the fence, I now may buy a 2013 Vert. Im trying to like C7 but the more I see it the less I like that rear end.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 287 Likes on 127 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Love it!

Get notified of new replies

To One more about the C7's butt.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

You guys who love the C7... You do not have "Embrace It". Just wanted you to know..

Old 02-26-2013, 09:33 AM
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

I would be thrilled if the C7 took styling cues from this car.
Doesn't have but one tail light on each side. Not traditional at all.

You know, I find it....ironic, that a guy talking about "tradition" drives a C6. What about those untraditional headlights?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:37 AM
JACKAL0PE
Lepus-temperamentalus
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jschindler
I have thought of the same thing....for about 10 seconds. Then I realize that I buy cars to drive them, not as museum pieces. No matter what you think, you will not want to go out and put any significant miles on an older car. There are many reasons, the driving experience won't be what you want, parts and service will eat you alive etc. An older car is great for going out for a five or ten mile drive on a nice day, but you'll actually get your money's worth out of a new car even though it might (MIGHT) cost you more money.

Ask people with older Corvettes how much it really costs them when stuff is breaking all the time and they have to find sources for parts and service.

Good luck either way. Oh, and I have come to like the rear end....I think. Will have to see it in person though.
I suppose a lot of my .... angst is based on my frustration with my C5. It's 100 horses weaker and slower...but it's damn difficult to find anywhere to drive it hard. Add in today's proclivity to sue people involved in traffic accidents and prosecute people driving too fast and there's not much, other than track days, to make the difference.

I can drive 55 in a C2 just as well as I can a C7,

Quick Reply: One more about the C7's butt.