Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confirmation from GM on C7 accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it was Mero's car in the fanboy video.

Edit: Ah! okay, someone mentioned before that Mero wasn't involved.

Last edited by Nitrous Oxide; 02-13-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:23 PM
hig4s
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Medic Man
Let's try this again with proper grammar LOL -

"We can confirm that during routine testing, a Stingray was involved in a one-car accident.

"During evaluation, the inside tire caught the edge of the pavement during a tight corner, leading to the accident. Thankfully, no one was hurt, the car received only minor damage, and no citations were issued."

We can also confirm that the driver was not GM development driver Jim Mero, as reported elsewhere.

Still not proper grammar.

1st sentence has restrictive relative clauses and should not have a comma.
2nd sentence take out the parenthetical expression between the commas and you get the sentence "During evaluation leading to the accident." That is not a sentence.
3rd sentence, with three terms with a single conjunction, appears correct.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:24 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I hope you told them to make it a Cyber Gray or a Black one. I don't want to see those ugly black plastic vents as the car comes crashing down on my head.
No, we want your last view on this earth to be the "cheese grater" (as you call it) comin' right at you!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 PM
prinzSD455
Safety Car

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Originally Posted by la vett girl
They would have to mess up the blue one.
That's the best angle of the C7 yet. Just kidding!

Thankfully no one was hurt and the Vette recieved minor damage. Now put it back on the road and see how durable it is after repairs. Real world testing can't be any more accurate. Something similar happened last year on the Big Sur run we had up here in Northern "Kalifornia". The C6 Vette got messed up realy bad but the driver was fine.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:37 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

How many of you will postpone buying an early model if they find out that it is a design flaw that caused the accident. Happens all of the time in the first models.

Last edited by bj1k; 02-13-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by prinzSD455
That's the best angle of the C7 yet. Just kidding!

Thankfully no one was hurt and the Vette recieved minor damage. Now put it back on the road and see how durable it is after repairs. Real world testing can't be any more accurate. Something similar happened last year on the Big Sur run we had up here in Northern "Kalifornia". The C6 Vette got messed up realy bad but the driver was fine.
Running on the Big Sur? That could be seriously nuts.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO no way was that the cause, come on he caught an edge and lost it? More than likely it was just horsing around, I don't know who it bodes for worse otherwise, thedrivers lack of skill or the cars inability to be corrected!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:03 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
No, we want your last view on this earth to be the "cheese grater" (as you call it) comin' right at you!
Then I'm going to have to wear my helmet like Dale Jr does. Backwards.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:09 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
IMO no way was that the cause, come on he caught an edge and lost it? More than likely it was just horsing around, I don't know who it bodes for worse otherwise, thedrivers lack of skill or the cars inability to be corrected!
The very job of a test driver is to test the limits. That road, if it is the one I am thinking of between Wickenburg and Prescott, is a blast to do it on. Twisties on the side of a hill with many switchbacks because of the elevation changes. It essentially rises from desert floor in Wickenburg to the pine trees in Prescott. Where pavement ends and shoulder begins there are periodically places the dirt/gravel erodes away by rain and has to be filled in. We have had a lot of moisture here the past couple of weeks. As the old saying goes, there but for the Grace of God go MANY of us
Old 02-13-2013, 01:16 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by rcallen484
The very job of a test driver is to test the limits. That road, if it is the one I am thinking of between Wickenburg and Prescott, is a blast to do it on. Twisties on the side of a hill with many switchbacks because of the elevation changes. It essentially rises from desert floor in Wickenburg to the pine trees in Prescott. Where pavement ends and shoulder begins there are periodically places the dirt/gravel erodes away by rain and has to be filled in. We have had a lot of moisture here the past couple of weeks. As the old saying goes, there but for the Grace of God go MANY of us
I sure hope they aren't 'performance' testing on a public road with other drivers. Hopefully this was just a mistake while transporting it from place to place and the guy got off the shoulder.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by hig4s
Still not proper grammar.

2nd sentence take out the parenthetical expression between the commas and you get the sentence "During evaluation leading to the accident." That is not a sentence.
It's not a parenthetical expression; it's a zealous comma and a bad verb form -- "leading" ought to be "which led" doncha think?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:18 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I sure hope they aren't 'performance' testing on a public road with other drivers. Hopefully this was just a mistake while transporting it from place to place and the guy got off the shoulder.
Is that a serious comment?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Is that a serious comment?
Sure.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

It rains there? LOL
I guess that could be the case, he might have hooked a wheel and lost it! I guess us regular folk find it hard to believe that a test driver would lose a mule like that if the area was too compromising, especially with such few cars to be driven. Thankfully he's okay but my money is still on monkey business, not pushing it to the limit! Thumbs up...
Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

It rains there? LOL
I guess that could be the case, he might have hooked a wheel and lost it! I guess us regular folk find it hard to believe that a test driver would lose a mule like that if the area was too compromising, especially with such few cars to be driven. Thankfully he's okay but my money is still on monkey business, not pushing it to the limit! Thumbs up...
Definitional. Pushing it to the limits of what sheer fun monkey business he could get away with on that road with his two buddies in the red and black ones playing follow the leader. Cannot be resisted on that road.......... it IS that good
Old 02-13-2013, 01:28 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

It rains there? LOL
Back in 1960, in high school, my best friend sideswiped his mother's car on a bridge(his mother wasn't with him) one night. He told his mother that he reached over to tune the radio, and that caused the accident. The truth was that he was getting a BJ from his girl friend at the time. He was having a little problem staying focused on his driving.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

@ rcallen, sounds like a blast! We have some decent twisties here in the NE but usually with not much run off! Then again those rock walls don't offer too much for error either!! @joesC5, I think it's fair to say we all have one of those stories! i once sideswiped a tree b/c my friend was stanging on the door sill and me like an idiot was watching him and not the road!! P.S. lucky for your pal she did not bite down...lol.

Get notified of new replies

To Confirmation from GM on C7 accident

Old 02-13-2013, 01:47 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Thanks Blue for the update on the Blue car. Seems to be making the rounds of every site in existence No such thing as bad publicity Glad no one was hurt............. Too bad people don't have better things to do than worry about Grammar
Old 02-13-2013, 01:52 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Bottom Line: This is a bad omen. I suggest a prayer vigil to cast out any evil spirits.

May I suggest a vette7 prayer vigil be held today at 6:30pm EST per this forum.
Perhaps Blue Ox resident C7 Dalai Lama can preside over the services?
Say a little sumpin-sumpin,... a couple amens should do it.

Just a suggestion....

Pro Karma

Old 02-13-2013, 01:57 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by matthewelle
Bottom Line: This is a bad omen. I suggest a prayer vigil to cast out any evil spirits.

May I suggest a vette7 prayer vigil be held today at 6:30pm EST per this forum.
Perhaps Blue Ox resident C7 Dalai Lama can preside over the services?
Say a little sumpin-sumpin,... a couple amens should do it.

Just a suggestion....

Pro Karma

Bob Seger can start the services with an a capella version of "Like a Rock"

Quick Reply: Confirmation from GM on C7 accident