1LT with the visible carbon fiber

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 03:37 PM
WantaC7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1LT with the visible carbon fiber

Just a question maybe someone can answer
I want a C7 Z51 with the 1LT ( I really dont need any of the extras that come with the 2LT )

Now if you get the 1LT you can not get this option
Roof panel, visible carbon fiber with body-color surround, removable

Now let say after I get the C7 can I order the Roof panel, with visible carbon fiber just by its self and have it shipped the the dealer or my house?
if not lets say you have that option and someone some how steals it or you drop it and crack it, do you have to prove you had the 2LT to reorder it.
Thanks for your time
Old 04-17-2013, 03:46 PM
LT1_E85_Corvette
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WantaC7
I want a C7 Z51 with the 1LT ( I really dont need any of the extras that come with the 2LT )

Now let say after I get the C7 can I order the Roof panel, with visible carbon fiber just by its self and have it shipped the the dealer or my house?
if not lets say you have that option and someone some how steals it or you drop it and crack it, do you have to prove you had the 2LT to reorder it.
Thanks for your time
I'm sure it will become available down the road, but i doubt right out of the gate. Someone on the forums will buy the double roof option with every intent with selling one. I don't quite understand why they are limiting it to 2lt and 3lt however, I'm on the outside looking in. If I were to get the Carbon Fiber top, I would be worried about the long term effects of yellowing and so forth that other exposed CF panels have.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:13 PM
ldepalma
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WantaC7

Thanks for your time
I would venture to say, yes you would be able to order it BUT not at the price GM comes out with from the factory. I have a C6 with the standard coupe roof. The roof option was $1400 if I bought both the transparent and body color. I didn't order it. However, now that I have the car I was thinking about buying the transparent from an aftermarket or GM itself. The price is $1695.

Hence, I would really think about getting it when you order NOT after and by the way, the CF roof will probably be $2000. or more in the aftermarket place once the car comes out....
Old 04-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Matt26
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

The expensive part of the exposed carbon fiber roof is the coating that they use so the carbon fiber isn't harmed by elements (UV).

The coating used on the ZR-1 roof is $2000 a gallon.

You should be able to order it later, but only GM knows the answer as to when and how much.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

You can't get the carbon fiber dash trim in the 1LT either. Just a marketing thing to get people to step up to the higher trim level.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:16 PM
WantaC7
Instructor

Thank you for the responses, wow I did not know the coating was that expensive. I agree it is a marketing thing to get you to the next step, I just dont know if it will be a step or a leap since no prices are out. That would be great I someone on here did sell theres but of corse it would have to be the color of my car for the body surround part of it.

again thanks for the responses
Old 04-17-2013, 06:23 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

How much is the step up to 2LT ? If that is required to get the carbon fiber roof with painted spears?

How much extra is the Exposed carbon fiber roof with painted spears....

We should know by the end of this month the pricing details etc and then you ll be better able to decide what works for you..

Good question and I look forward to the answer as well.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:32 PM
WantaC7
Instructor

Originally Posted by JerriVette
How much is the step up to 2LT ? If that is required to get the carbon fiber roof with painted spears?

How much extra is the Exposed carbon fiber roof with painted spears....

We should know by the end of this month the pricing details etc and then you ll be better able to decide what works for you..

Good question and I look forward to the answer as well.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:38 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

it IS a good question, but I'm sure there'll be more like this. there's a lot of combos that some would probably like to "mix and match."

Get notified of new replies

To 1LT with the visible carbon fiber

Quick Reply: 1LT with the visible carbon fiber