C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any way for Joe Q. Public to talk to Tadge ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

when will the stop
Old 02-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Stew24
Pro

Received 170 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by HollywoodC7
And what would you say to him?.....Im not seeing the point yet
I'd say, .. "Tadge, have you seen this? Why aren't you offering us this across the board, instead of that with the black painted rear end???

*Note, what makes this work so well is the flat black painted inset surround of the license plate. I know the bumper is a shade darker than the silver body but it's close enough to see how much better it looks over the high gloss contrasting black that's been shown so far. This looks awesome!, ... and who can deny it's not better looking than the factory choice, other than those that would argue just for the sake of it all.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:35 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by Stew24
I'd say, .. "Tadge, have you seen this? Why aren't you offering us this across the board, instead of that with the black painted rear end???

*Note, what makes this work so well is the flat black painted inset surround of the license plate. I know the bumper is a shade darker than the silver body but it's close enough to see how much better it looks over the high gloss contrasting black that's been shown so far. This looks awesome!, ... and who can deny it's not better looking than the factory choice, other than those that would argue just for the sake of it all.
When the C5 was released it was produced with a body colored rear lower fascia, a percentage of owners painted it black. When the C6 was released it had a contrasting black rear lower fascia, a percentage of owners painted it body colored. You are never going to appeal to everyone over every detail. I changed the rear lower fascia on my C5 to be black. I left my black rear lower fascia black on my red C6. I like the contrasting lower and happen to like the sharp contrast on the C7.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:35 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by oldstyleGS

when will the stop
2015 or so

The overwhelming majority, including myself, do not like the pic that you just posted. I find it odd that you think people would only dislike that picture just for the sake of arguing. I hate that exhaust and I actually like the contrast of carbon flash mettalic that is on the cars I have seen.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:52 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

... and who can deny it's not better looking than the factory choice, other than those that would argue just for the sake of it all.
I may have underestimated your arrogance in my previous post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:55 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by talon90
When the C5 was released it was produced with a body colored rear lower fascia, a percentage of owners painted it black. When the C6 was released it had a contrasting black rear lower fascia, a percentage of owners painted it body colored. You are never going to appeal to everyone over every detail. I changed the rear lower fascia on my C5 to be black. I left my black rear lower fascia black on my red C6. I like the contrasting lower and happen to like the sharp contrast on the C7.
Ironically, the renderings that were being show even just a few weeks before the unveiling showed it all body color. Someone blacked out the bottom part and there was overwhelming approval on the thread that it looked a lot better blacked out. Low and behold that is what the car actually had at the introduction. Now we are getting photo shops going back the other way
Old 02-07-2013, 02:59 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by jschindler
I may have underestimated your arrogance in my previous post
Old 02-07-2013, 03:01 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
At Sebring last year (March 2012) during the question and answer session, someone asked if the C7 was going to have the Camaro tail lights. Tadge stood there and said "No it will not have Camaro tail lights". Now in my opinion he did not lie, as we all know they are not Camaro tail lights.
Correct. Anyone who says these are the same couldn't tell the difference between an apple and an orange.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:07 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by jschindler
Ironically, the renderings that were being show even just a few weeks before the unveiling showed it all body color. Someone blacked out the bottom part and there was overwhelming approval on the thread that it looked a lot better blacked out. Low and behold that is what the car actually had at the introduction. Now we are getting photo shops going back the other way
That's too funny Jim, I missed that...kind of glad that I did.

Honestly, that's the problem with speculation or leaked or stolen information. Seldom has all the facts or representative of the final, finished product.

Even the picture above was a pre-reveal car. Heck, someone found evidence in some of the marketing photos of a car with first evolution brakes (still had the Brembo logo on them) and Dunlop tires. Until the reveal the design will be in flux and these are just evidence of that fact.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I'm just glad that the C7's designers had the forethought to add the steps on the front bumper for the 4 year old kid, walking by a C7 in a parking lot(restaurant, motel, etc), to use so he doesn't have to strain himself trying to climb on the hood of the car, to look into the vents to see what they are.
You must have some misbehaved 4-year olds in your presence on a regular basis if you're worried about them activating the parking brake on a C7 at 75 mph on the highway and climbing all over the hood because of the front valence shape.

S.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:21 PM
bmacZO6
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
2015 or so

The overwhelming majority, including myself, do not like the pic that you just posted. I find it odd that you think people would only dislike that picture just for the sake of arguing. I hate that exhaust and I actually like the contrast of carbon flash mettalic that is on the cars I have seen.
+1

I dislike that exhaust immensely and my eyes seem drawn to it so much that it is difficult to notice anything else.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 PM
falco84
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most. Pointless. Thread. Ever.

And that's saying something on the C7 forum.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
I think the best way to make your point is to not buy a C7. Maybe a another car is more to your liking. That'll get their attention, if that's all your after.
Exactly right.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Because the trifecta of flat black, charcoal grey and body color around those goofy looking tailpipes looks so much better...
You should throw in a horizontal tape stripe across the back under "CORVETTE" for good measure.
S.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by jd_black_00
Those are not "tough questions", they are personal styling gripes. Tadge would laugh at you
Agreed, just another example of not being able to see the forest through the trees.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:18 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I was very clear what you whined about. No, it is not a valid question since, clearly, every inch of this car is gone over again and again and again by the designers and their supervisors and their upper-level management and finally the top management.

Every generation of Corvette has had people who didn't like parts of it. Deal with it.

What's laughable is that you think that if you could just sit Tadge down and talk some sense into him...make him see the error of his ways...that he has just 'missed it' and you're just the guy to straighten him out. Who is full of it?

Apparently you think you have a fine eye for design so why don't you just toddle off and join the others in designing a new Jake?
I said pretty much the same thing on another thread. I think this is coming from people that own another era and are threatened by the new C7. It some how emasculates them and what ever they own. Sad! If yo own something else, enjoy it, be proud of it. We won't think less of you.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 PM
WaxWeekly
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Stew24,

Welcome to America. The the glory of this country is that you are completely welcome to benefit (and even profit) from GM's mistakes.

Design the replacement parts.
Detail the replacement colors.
Decide the prices you will charge for your products.
If the consumers agree, you win.

The questions you listed in the original post are not easily answered and assume the implicit accuracy of your assumptions. In any business, you are infinitely better off providing possible solutions than to get an admission of failure (which resolves nothing). In short, you're welcome to put your money where your mouth is.

Get notified of new replies

To Any way for Joe Q. Public to talk to Tadge ???

Old 02-07-2013, 04:37 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
You must have some misbehaved 4-year olds in your presence on a regular basis if you're worried about them activating the parking brake on a C7 at 75 mph on the highway and climbing all over the hood because of the front valence shape.

S.
When I park my Corvette in a motel parking lot or at a restaurant, etc, I have no control over how parents handle their kids. Key words being THEIR KIDs, not my kids/grandkids. I'm not worried about what happens to my car when it's parked in my garage, but I do drive my Corvettes(3) and that means people will spit on them, key them, climb on them, etc.

I was at a large car show(my 56 was entered), called Car show for Kids. 100% the proceeds go to the United Way programs for kids. Plenty of things for kids to do and the $2 a head for people with their kids added to the daily take(in addition to the $25 to enter your car). They usually take in over $20,000 for the day.

I SAW a kid climb on the hood of a 1973 vette next to my car, that had flames painted on the hood/fenders. I guess the kid was drawn to the flames and he climbed aboard before anyone could stop him.

MY grandkid is now 30 years old and she is normally well behaved. But plenty of other Corvette owners have very young grandkids and anyone with young kids and young grandkids will admit that they can get into trouble in a blink of an eye. Do you really believe that momma deliberately gave junior that crayon and told him to draw on the living room walls all those neat things?
Old 02-07-2013, 05:19 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 861 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
It's amazing how people seem to think that their own personal opinion is somehow fact, and it somehow carries more weight than those of the focus groups with whom GM worked when designing the C7.
If you don't like the car, don't buy it. I'm betting Corvette will see an increase in sales over the next few years as they attract buyers who previously would not have considered one.
S.
This.

Also, if the OP was paying attention, there were no focus groups on the exterior design features of the C7. Only on the interior.

I like it and so do a lot of others. There are a lot of others who don't like it at all or don't like certain features. That is all OK. It isn't and wasn't meant to be an everyman's car or even an every Corvette owner's car.

Because one doesn't like something about the C7 doesn't necessarily mean that mistakes were made. It could mean, and more likely does mean, that these things some individuals don't like were done quite purposefully and with full understanding that a relatively small number of consumers won't love it or even like it. As long as a significant number of consumers and potential buyers like it a lot, which I'm tending to see, then they have done their job. Their job is not to cater to every Corvette owner, it is to expand the market share of the Corvette, not to cement the current market share.

Time will tell if they have done their job. However, based on many of the C7 posts in this C7 Forum and how many of them could reasonably be construed as being uninformed, or ill informed, or highly personalized rants, no one in GM management is likely to look to this Forum as a potential final arbiter of whether they have succeeded or failed in their mission, probably quite the opposite is true.

Last edited by B747VET; 02-07-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:34 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6

At the end of the day, its all about sales. The first few years of sales figures will prove if they got it right or not.
Sales are the final factor, but how will the designers/engineers know what the hell happened that caused the poor sales if they are not informed by the people that they were counting on selling their Corvettes to?

Blindly looking at a **** poor sales report won't give them the answer to what caused the poor sales of their product. Feedback from the lost customers will give them the answers. Sending a questionnaire to their buyers of the C7 won't give them the answers. They have to listen to those that walked away. That's the people on this forum that will be walking away from the C7.

No company deliberately designs a product in order to kill sales, and there have been many examples of poorly designed/engineered automobiles that quickly go re-designed/re-engineered to recover those lost sales.

Last edited by JoesC5; 02-07-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Any way for Joe Q. Public to talk to Tadge ???