C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C7 spotted in Phoenix, pics and video!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

C6 looks old in that last pic. Lacks the flair of a car designed in this decade IMO.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Qwik01
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the whole roof painted body color would be looking much better. The black one just makes it look like its missing a top.

Originally Posted by ElliottsVette

Notice the black one in front of it....

Last edited by Qwik01; 02-03-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:46 PM
RULEMKR
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Looks pretty good to me.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Aw $hit man......I have to agree with you. The C6 looks so clean and muscular....and then we come up on the C7 and it looks like a Trans Am with a body kit....like a goofy Hot Wheels car. Overdone.....a real mess, dammit. I want to really like this car and planned on buying one, but it looks like a bad joke to me right now. I'd better go back and look at some of the more flattering photos of it. I guess seeing it person will tell the real story.
Haters gonna hate.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,912 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Qwik01
I think the whole roof painted body color would be looking much better. The black one just makes it look like its missing a top.
You lose half the lines of the car. While they are at it, they can do the A-pillars.

Michael
Old 02-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Slow Vette
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gilbybarr
Have to admit, the C6 looks smoother and less "gimicky". The darker colors may look better on the C7. Need to see one in person.
still not feeling the back end of the car.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 AM
RMcoolX
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I really want to like this car, and the reveal pics are actually starting to grow on me a little. But, after seeing these photos and video, I'm back at square 1....heading towards square zero.

I hope the production models look better on the road than this one did, because that C6 behind it simply looked better.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:52 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Haters gonna hate.
Not a hater at all, and if you could actually comprehend anything I've written (which you obviously can't) you would realize that. I'm not stupidly dismissing the C7 as many here are doing with the C6. It's a car that will be the best Corvette ever, from a performance, mechanical, and technology standpoint....no question about it....and I really want to love it.

My comments were based on this new video which I happen to think is the most revealing video yet of the Corvette's evolution. From a styling standpoint, I think the C7 is a bit too much boy racer (pardon the pun).....especially when you roll past a beautiful C6 Grand Sport and then come up on what appears to be another stunning car with too many stuck on black spoilers and vents. It's as if the designers went a bit too far and didn't know when to lift up the brush. This car had the potential to be at a design level with Ferrari, but I think they blew it.....a bit. Everything is fixable in time, and perhaps it will be cleaned up during the next few model years. All this is, of course, IMHO.

I still need to see one in person and I'm not saying I've changed my mind about buying one, but for the price point of the version I would want, I would probably choose something else....or nothing at all. I would more than likely upgrade my wife's Mercedes to an Audi S7 or BMW M6 rather than spend the money on another Corvette that is merely newer than my current one, and not necessarily something I would like better.....or not even as much....styling-wise. I have to see one in the flesh and drive one to make that final judgment.

I suppose what I've just written here is wasted on you and others of you ilk, but I figured I'd give you the benefit of the doubt and offer you the opportunity to read it. There are other schools of thought regarding this C7 and they're not all black and white.....it's a not all simply "love it" or "hate it"....but that may be concept you just can't grasp...and that's OK.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:53 AM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RMcoolX
I really want to like this car, and the reveal pics are actually starting to grow on me a little. But, after seeing these photos and video, I'm back at square 1....heading towards square zero.

I hope the production models look better on the road than this one did, because that C6 behind it simply looked better.

It did......and I wish it didn't.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 AM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Qwik01

Notice the black one in front of it....
Old 02-04-2013, 06:17 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Not a hater at all, and if you could actually comprehend anything I've written (which you obviously can't) you would realize that. I'm not stupidly dismissing the C7 as many here are doing with the C6. It's a car that will be the best Corvette ever, from a performance, mechanical, and technology standpoint....no question about it....and I really want to love it.

My comments were based on this new video which I happen to think is the most revealing video yet of the Corvette's evolution. From a styling standpoint, I think the C7 is a bit too much boy racer (pardon the pun).....especially when you roll past a beautiful C6 Grand Sport and then come up on what appears to be another stunning car with too many stuck on black spoilers and vents. It's as if the designers went a bit too far and didn't know when to lift up the brush. This car had the potential to be at a design level with Ferrari, but I think they blew it.....a bit. Everything is fixable in time, and perhaps it will be cleaned up during the next few model years. All this is, of course, IMHO.

I still need to see one in person and I'm not saying I've changed my mind about buying one, but for the price point of the version I would want, I would probably choose something else....or nothing at all. I would more than likely upgrade my wife's Mercedes to an Audi S7 or BMW M6 rather than spend the money on another Corvette that is merely newer than my current one, and not necessarily something I would like better.....or not even as much....styling-wise. I have to see one in the flesh and drive one to make that final judgment.

I suppose what I've just written here is wasted on you and others of you ilk, but I figured I'd give you the benefit of the doubt and offer you the opportunity to read it. There are other schools of thought regarding this C7 and they're not all black and white.....it's a not all simply "love it" or "hate it"....but that may be concept you just can't grasp...and that's OK.
when they spoke to the head of corvette, his comment was how much different he thought the look of the grey car was compared to the red one. I understood why they showed both. The red was obvioulsy more boy racer than the grey one. I was actually startled when they first showed the red. I thought, " gee I dont know, it looks like a little bit too much, and I dont like all the black." Then they showed shots of the grey one, I started to change my thinking because it just looked so much better to my eye. Less busy and more classy to me. I downloaded the grey car pics, and started comparing it to my favorite car out now, the f12 berlinetta. I was struck at how much it looked like it. When I look at these pics of the test mules now, I see that on those cars , they hadnt made the changes to those side pieces on the roof. They are black, but the ones at the show, all have that strip that makes the roofline look more continuous to me and a lot lot better. Im thinking that depending on the color you choose, it will make a big difference to the look of the car. But then again, I was surprised how much I like that picture I have seen of the yellow one. So I have taken the position, especially after so many people have said, "wait, you have to see it in the flesh, its gorgeous", that I will have to do just that , before I make a final determination. However the picture showing the red one that was on the wall, that has the silver wheels instead of the black, looks stunning also to me.

Last edited by alanhang; 02-04-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:52 AM
Migs08
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alanhang
These test mules look good, but they have already improved the looks with the matching side pieces on the roof. I wouldn't be surprised to see further refinement before production starts
Or that could be the transparent top option.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Migs08
Or that could be the transparent top option.
No I believe that the transparent one also has the frame rails now.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 AM
ZeroToSixty
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I really like the C7,...........the people that don't like the rear end,........will I am sure, have the choice of a myriad of kits that address this controversial aspect of this stunning new car.

I would buy one, but my almost as quick C5 has one feature that the C7 does not possess,............it is paid for.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Yellow03Z06
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Car looks so much better without the stingray badge on the side! I wonder if its an option to delete it, or the test driver took some wire and goo-gone to it.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
phoenix90ZR1
Heel & Toe

I was driving the truck in which the video was taken in. It was a huge surprise to see this car roll up on us. We were wishing we were driving my Supra so we could try to entice the vette driver into some pulls. Oh well. I was a bit so so on the pictures but in person this car looks great IMO.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmybobby
Nice video OP! I don't care for the chrome trim piece in the grill.
Wonder why they did that? Can be painted.

Get notified of new replies

To New C7 spotted in Phoenix, pics and video!

Old 02-04-2013, 02:25 PM
live2drive
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks amazing, the Blue and Black look great!!!
Agreed. The blue accentuates the Stingray's bold lines. Great post OP.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:54 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by ParisTNDude
Wow!...not real impressed with the wide panel gaps at the doors and rear bumper cover areas. I hope this is a pre-production model which does not represent the quality of the final product.
Of course this is a pre-production model. they haven't been produced yet! Production is scheduled to start in June.
got to keep up.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:55 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Haters gonna hate.
And suckers gonna suck!

Quick Reply: New C7 spotted in Phoenix, pics and video!