C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First class interior? Why so much BLACK?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 04:51 PM
mo-shy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
I'd rather have too much, than too little. Besides Audi probably has the best interior in the business. And they are setting the industry trend on interiors.. and this "pop" of colour is exactly what they do. Choosing gray for example.. means your interior is mostly black.. but all leather surfaces you touch (seats, dash, door inserts, door handles) will be gray.

About the only manufacture I know how does a complete monocolour interior and makes it look awesome is Porsche on their newest cars.

this is the reall first class interior
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jinx
You are so blinded by emotion, you can no longer tell the difference between hate and criticism. If you're driven to use words like stupid and childish and insist people "get on board" you have lost control and need to go away until you regain it.

.Jinx
there is some truth to what you say. But someone mentioned that because we cant just go to the dealer to finally see the thing in the flesh, some speculation causes people to be negative rather than feeling they "have to get on board" as you state. I honestly think, after reading about the people who have seen the car in the flesh and saying fantastic things, that once the car comes out to the public, the percentage who love it and move on to things like wheels, colors, etc, will far outweigh the negative.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:19 PM
C7envy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HurricaneRN
LMAO! Excellent post, thank you. Yup interior looks as good (better) as cars costing 2, 5 or whatever times as much but... oh wait theres no but anything. You want all black? you got it, you want all colored leather? 3LT and option it out - you got it, want something in between you got that too. It's reeeeaaaallllyyyy getting annoying trying to find out the latest on what will be the worlds best sportscar under $100k and have to wade through all this crap. Heres a new sticky for the naysayers "The same day I realized my ******* was drooping lower than my pistol I saw the C7 and realized the door on the other side of the hill had just hit me in the ****"
Not to be stubborn but you can't really see the vette interior is better than lambo, LFA, or mclaren untill you actually sit in all of them and feel the leather. The leather in high end cars is of a much higher quality than anything audi, bmw, or mercedes, or even chevrolet would put in their cars.

Go sit in a ferrari or bentley and you will know what I am talking about. But for a 50k car that is a pretty damn good interior though to get those options it would be closer to 60k I imagine.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

This was the look I have been talking about. I know that is 1963 but I can find newer C3's
Notice the contrast interior to paint.

I am still buying a C7 but I would have preferred the colored dash pad.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

I prefer all black interiors. I've had other colors and they get grimy sooner rather than later. Also you can see better out of an all black interior as the black absorbs light instead of reflecting it.

I have to say that red looks very sharp and if I was buying a sports car for my wife I'd heavily consider that option. But on a man's car, it's a little light in the loafers for my tastes.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by mo-shy
this is the reall first class interior
Old 02-07-2013, 07:59 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MSG C5
Here's another prop for Dennis at DD Mods (Forum vendor). He's quite the popular guy in the C5 forum.

As with exterior colors, interior colors are subjective. I have always liked black interiors/trim, however I can also appreciate that other people want more color.

On the C7, I really like this interior matched up with Cyber Gray.

Yes I like this very much also,wonder if its the most expensive interior or the middle one
Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by alanhang
Yes I like this very much also,wonder if its the most expensive interior or the middle one
That is the only picture anywhere that shows a full colored dash pad. The next one will confirm that but until then this one is an anomole.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 PM
ryoder
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

I like black interior. I was excited about 4LT but adding leather to existing surfaces didn't move the needle for me. I guess my biggest gripe is the horrible seats. The rest of the interior is utilitarian and fine enough in the C6.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alanhang
I think that C5 interior is a better, cleaner design now that I see them side-by-side.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Bandit1
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by harry2
I am still happy with my 2010 4LT interior in titanium/black, and would like something similar in my future C7, this picture is an official GM one, I could not get my personal images to look half as good as theirs!

Really like that interior color combo.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 AM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

Kind of bummed that two tone seats are gone. Probably too C6 looking. Also, IMO with the relatively "flashy" exterior, I guess GM wanted to tone down the interior. I'll bet that Brownstone will be a huge seller. It goes with all the exterior colors.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:07 PM
SgtRod
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I hope the cluster has options... The MPH are more important than the rpms...you can eatimate the time to shift by sound better than you can estimate the speed by sight.. How do you tell the officer that stops you...i was only at 3k rpms..?

Interior bashing of the corvettes is a bad thing on the part of consumers. Its the reason why the c7 weighs the same as the c6...even tho it has a lot of engineering into it for weight reduction... The c6s interior climbed a long way from 05 to 2013.

All this work into the c7 for the same weight and 15hp and 22tq... Hope some are finally happy with the interior

Last edited by SgtRod; 02-08-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:09 PM
C7envy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SgtRod
Hope some are finally happy with the interior
I'd still change it out for a caravaggio one lol.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:37 PM
ThrottleUp
Racer

Houston Events Coordinator

guess changing the color costs too much (or they can't charge us enough)....... if I can't have interiors that are mainly the color I choose then I'll stick with black interiors....

Quick Reply: First class interior? Why so much BLACK?