Sponsored by:

C7 a better value than the XK-F !

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 06:33 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,187 Posts

Default C7 a better value than the XK-F !

Attachment 47717147I recently received this ad in the mail from Jaguar showing the models and base MSRPs for the new F-type. Take a look at the specs and prices.
I think it's pretty evident that the C7 will deliver more performance for less money!

That said, it remains to be seen what the MSRP for the C7, and the convertible in particular, will be in order to make a final comparison. Final HP ratings would be nice too.

In any case, I think the value/$ win goes to the C7!

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
XK-F.pdf (1.09 MB, 234 views)

Last edited by tuxnharley; 02-01-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 PM
larryfdx
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 77 Posts

It's a beautiful car, but they priced it too highly, IMHO.

Last edited by larryfdx; 02-01-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Jai 302
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Attachment 47717147I recently received this ad in the mail from Jaguar showing the models and base MSRPs for the new F-type. Take a look at the specs and prices.
I think it's pretty evident that the C7 will deliver more performance for less money!

That said, it remains to be seen what the MSRP for the C7, and the convertible in particular, will be in order to make a final comparison. Fianl HP ratings would be nice too.

In any case, I think the value/$ win goes to the C7!

Jaguars are usually easy pickings for most street racers. I have no experience with one except my 5.0 mustang kicking a 5.0 Jaguar XK's butt. That said, I don't think any Jaguar except the XKR-S even competes with any Corvette, they're more of GT cars. Plus, the C7 is going to be waaaay more reliable than any Jaguar ever was. I was in the market for a luxury GT coupe just 2 months ago and chose the 6-series over the XK because of quality issues - and the 6 looks better too. I have seen way too many Jaguars stopped by the side of the road due to mechanical failures to ever consider one in the foreseeable future.

You seriously shouldn't expect the MSRP of the C7 to be anywhere near the XK. That said, here's how I'd compare the two:

Performance: C7
Value for money: C7
Looks: Subjective
Badge snobbery: XK

C7 wins easily. Can't wait to get mine in yellow
Old 02-01-2013, 06:53 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm thinking a lot of Jaguar buyers buy a Jaguar because they've always dreamed of owning a Jaguar. Like Corvettes in that regard. There are a lot of WAY worse things one could do with their discretionary income

Get notified of new replies

To C7 a better value than the XK-F !

Quick Reply: C7 a better value than the XK-F !