C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When and where can a C7 be test driven?

Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 PM
BAREFOOT JOE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default When and where can a C7 be test driven?

I have only driven one corvette in my life and that was my 2008 C6z06 after I purchsed it. One thing that car was not lacking was power! The C7's performance numbers are plenty fast for my DD mission. The design seems to offer a much greater driver experience and flexibilty to fit different mission profiles. What will a conversation with a passenger be like at 80mph? What I would really like to know is just how the car feels. I was wanting to do a test drive before I puchased one! When and where can a C7 be test driven?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:16 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,235 Likes on 703 Posts

Originally Posted by BAREFOOT JOE
I have only driven one corvette in my life and that was my 2008 C6z06 after I purchsed it. One thing that car was not lacking was power! The C7's performance numbers are plenty fast for my DD mission. The design seems to offer a much greater driver experience and flexibilty to fit different mission profiles. What will a conversation with a passenger be like at 80mph? What I would really like to know is just how the car feels. I was wanting to do a test drive before I puchased one! When and where can a C7 be test driven?
I wasn't aware that any performance numbers were out yet.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:19 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

There are NOT any performance #'s out yet. Only speculation. Final engine ratings are not yet finalized.

As far as test driving one, you will need to wait until the C7 is actually produced and in showrooms. Best estimate from GM is this fall. Maybe August? We are waiting.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 PM
BAREFOOT JOE
Instructor

0 to 60 around or under 4, (est) and over .9 g's(est is higher) fits my needs as a DD. I'm fairly confident the real numbers will meet or exceed these.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,235 Likes on 703 Posts

Originally Posted by speedlink
There are NOT any performance #'s out yet. Only speculation. Final engine ratings are not yet finalized.

As far as test driving one, you will need to wait until the C7 is actually produced and in showrooms. Best estimate from GM is this fall. Maybe August? We are waiting.
Good luck trying to get a test drive from smaller dealers that more than likely will only get one or two if they're lucky.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM
*C7*
Melting Slicks

Received 388 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor 05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Joe, I hope to get one of the early cars and plan to have it on the track at Sebring shortly there after.

We could do a test conversation at around 150mph if you would like to ride along.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

0 to 60 around or under 4, (est) and over .9 g's(est is higher) fits my needs as a DD. I'm fairly confident the real numbers will meet or exceed these.
Count on 3.99 sec and .90g. Maybe.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:16 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 815 Likes on 384 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Those are not performance numbers, but GM estimates.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,069 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Northeast dealers usually don't give test drives for vettes, but in Florida most dealers let you take one out on your own, from my experience. September is when they should be at dealers who get allocations.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 PM
BAREFOOT JOE
Instructor

Originally Posted by *C7*
Joe, I hope to get one of the early cars and plan to have it on the track at Sebring shortly there after.

We could do a test conversation at around 150mph if you would like to ride along.
You have me hooked!

Can offer you skiing, scuba, kite boarding! Let me know when, just scared your going to get me addicted to the track.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:53 PM
toxin440
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if I ever was bored and after the initial C7 excitement wears off.... and drove up to a dealer in my C6Z06 and was curious about the C7 -- and they gave me any guff about a test drive, screw em I'll go somewhere else.

I remember when I was in the market for my C6Z, I had dealers that wouldn't even let me sit in the damn showroom floor car. F that.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:59 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Some of us will be driving a C7 on a racetrack soon...but I won't be sayin how..just postin pics...
Old 02-02-2013, 02:00 AM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

You'll be able to drive one when you buy it...and not before, remember the C-6.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by ufso
You'll be able to drive one when you buy it...and not before, remember the C-6.
Dealers that continue to treat customers like this will not be selling many cars.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:47 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,945 Likes on 2,175 Posts

GM offered the "ride of a lifetime" with the 99 c5 and with that fun day....I was hooked. Before July 1998 I never even thought of owning a corvette...

After that autox like day....with a little racecar like test driving...I was hooked. I drove home that day and decided...life was too short to not own a corvette and I ordered one within the week ...over the phone ....the car came in 7 weeks later as a Torch Red 99 Z51...

I'll be on my 4th corvette when and if I decide to buy a c7...

I wont buy one until after I get an extended test drive ..

I'm sure GM will offer a day behind the wheel to target consumers...much like they have done at montecello raceway for the CTS V..

I almost jumped ship on the corvette to get a CTS V but just couldn't leave the corvette ownership experience behind....

I like the sexy styling...the sports car like driving experience and the wind in the air that the targa top the corvette offers to go over to cts V...

I have a CTS AWD 304hp FE2 sedan which I bought a month before my c6 z51 and its been great...

GM should offer AWD with the V series...and I will require a long test drive day of the c7 before I drop the approximate 60 grand on another corvette z51..

So far I love the car.....but I will need some time behind the wheel to decide if I want to drop the coin on one...

I don't mind paying msrp....as I feel thats fair with such a high demand car....but I do require a good experience behind the wheel and that really doesn't come from a 15 minute test drive...

I also don't go for that ...if you buy one....then you can test drive it BS that some rumor as required to go for a drive...Thats @ss backwards these days..

Hell BMW was offering many of us a 7 series for the weekend recently ...I declined the offer because it wasn't something I was ever considering...

If BMW can offer the 7 series for the weekend....GM can allow me to drive a corvette for the day....
Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Dealers that continue to treat customers like this will not be selling many cars.

I'll go test drive one for the hell of it, but I will not even try until several months after they are out unless I find some local dealer with a ton of them on the lot. Most dealers are going to pull the you can't drive it before you buy it bs & act like it is a rare exotic. Jerkoffs.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:13 AM
C-4 Now
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A test drive will be needed to clinch the deal. Bad treatment like received when went to see about C-6 will kill the deal. Too many choices and have had too many cars for it to be otherwise!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

In September at most Corvette-savvy dealers.

Wear shoes.

But seriously... call ahead and make an appointment, dress the part, and be prepared to demonstrate financial ability. Also come with a list of questions you want the test drive to answer. Sometimes I think people drop in dressed like a bum just so they can tell an indignant story about how dealers are jerks/prejudiced/whatever.

Last, when you take your test drive, don't surprise the salesperson with a sudden maneuver "to see how it handles" -- they don't react quite like this:

.Jinx

Get notified of new replies

To When and where can a C7 be test driven?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: When and where can a C7 be test driven?