C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rear Body Kit w/ ROUND TAILS for C7!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:01 PM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by Halltech

Cleaned the picture up a bit.
How much for the tooling to make that new bumper cover?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:08 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
How much for the tooling to make that new bumper cover?
Our shop that does our roto molding can put a rapid prototype model together in pretty short order and cheaper than a carbon fiber mold. We are looking at our own Halltech carbon fiber mold, but first the car has to arrive. We have one coming in the first wave going to Les Stanford in MI.

The vents for the differential/tranny cooling could be re-routed easily.

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 01-31-2013, 08:12 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Our shop that does our roto molding can put a rapid prototype model together in pretty short order and cheaper than a carbon fiber mold. We are looking at our own Halltech carbon fiber mold, but first the car has to arrive. We have one coming in the first wave going to Les Stanford in MI.

The vents for the differential/tranny cooling could be re-routed easily.
Halltech - strongly recommend you poll the appearance. People seem much more excited about the other fotoshop (blue car with the half rounds) than this one. I personally would not purchase the bumper depicted in this thread based on the look and the fact you need a whole new bumper cover...

Last edited by TTRotary; 01-31-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by WaxWeekly
I really don't think these pictures fairly show the difference in scale or represent a three dimensional view. There are several facets to the C7, but the Camaro has a very slight curve and doesn't have any of the edgy facets.

Corvette height 48.6"
Camaro height 54.2" or 11.5% taller
These pictures show them almost the same size, but the Corvette is significantly smaller. The profiles of the rear end are completely different.
Agree. That side-by-side was just a quick way of showing the difference in tail light/rear end design.

I've always thought this pic nicely reflects the difference in the two cars' stance/scale:

Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Davy_Baby9
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankLP
Agree. That side-by-side was just a quick way of showing the difference in tail light/rear end design.

I've always thought this pic nicely reflects the difference in the two cars' stance/scale:

I can't tell them apart!!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by mustang1999
I agree. Anyone who spend money on that crap looking kit to uglyfy their C7 has to be retarded. Stick to the C6 if you like old fashioned so much.
Just curious. Any dealers comment on this point?

On a 2-3 year old trade in corvette C7. How much value will be deducted for a rear end mod like this?

Say for instance, you get 2-3k tied up in the change and 2-3k trade in devalue for mod, you would really take a kicking.

I actually don't mind this version either, looks cool, but all my vettes are oem stuff.

Curious to know $ devaluation however.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:02 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by kozmic
Every time I see the rear end of the red C7, I think it must have been designed by a guy like this...

I have finally figured out what I don't like.... the 'motorhead mustache' created by the color-matched left and right edges...

bwhahahahaha.....

Think he helped design the Pontiac Astek.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTEMANN
What's funny is that the whole 'sharp edges' thing looks like it's going out of style before the C7 even gets here...

Page 46 of the March Car & Driver: "The New Classics - Icons Remade" shows the next:

> Porsche 918
> Ferrari Enzo replacement
> BMW i8
> Jaguar F-Type
> McLaren P1

And they are all SMOOTH & CURVY

The edgy C7 looks too much like it should be a Cadillac IMO.

A "Corvettillac"

...But for the money someone might spend adding round tail lights to a C7, they should just go buy a C6 427 or Z06 and get the more powerful 7.0L engine as a bonus.
Ding Ding.....Caddy Evok.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by VETTEMANN

...But for the money someone might spend adding round tail lights to a C7, they should just go buy a C6 427 or Z06 and get the more powerful 7.0L engine as a bonus.
More powerful, but probably not quicker nor faster. Sorry the 427 IS NOT a Z06.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,969 Likes on 1,389 Posts

I hate to say it, but it looks too much like a C6 upper grafted onto a C7 lower, resulting in a bi-polar retro look. It's too bland to fit the rest of the car. In fact, that's been the shortcoming of the C4-C6 series: too conservative, too corporate, too polite. You'll have to do some design work, and come up with your own design to fit round taillights.

Michael
Old 01-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Dixievet
Race Director

CI 7, 9, 10 & 11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I would park mine in a vette barn until I could find a proper location for my mods.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

That looks like a C7 generation Corvette, NO DOUBT! I'm sure there will be a market for it. I hope to be able to purchase the rear facia when and if I ever deem it good sense to move up a generation or two. I have NO reservations about making a car what I want it to be. Do it all the time. No sacred cows here, take it to the next level of perfection!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 PM
GTJim
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 1analguy
Those vents are not needed or functioning on the base car unless it has the Z51 package.

I understand the whole "round-on-square=bad" argument, and I assumed it was true...until I saw this picture. It looks way better than I thought it would. If you forget the lack of vents for a moment, I think it actually does look better than stock...but not because the lights are round. It's because the idiotic "eye makeup" is gone. The fascia looks far less cluttered without all the black nonsense surrounding the lights. I'd like to see a compromise version utilizing late-model C4 lights as well...
Most of the cars will be purchased with the Z51 package and even if not it still looks like crap. The round lights just don't fit with the new edgy modern design.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:11 PM
bigwoolyg
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
To you. Still gonna shake my head and roll my eyes. Hey, but like you said, it's your money to waste and your car to ruin.
I just don't get the obsession over the rear.

Now speaking of rears I'm going to need to know who's rear that is in your avatar pic, and a link to the full shoot. Oooofhaaaa
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sfc rick
That looks like a C7 generation Corvette, NO DOUBT! I'm sure there will be a market for it. I hope to be able to purchase the rear facia when and if I ever deem it good sense to move up a generation or two. I have NO reservations about making a car what I want it to be. Do it all the time. No sacred cows here, take it to the next level of perfection!

except that in this case it isnt.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by alanhang
except that in this case it isnt.
Personally, what you think doesn't impress me enough to change my opinion....the real one that really matters to me.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:53 AM
STROKD
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
Get over it. Round tail lights are gone. I am sure you will get use to the new look once you start seeing them on the road.
I dont ever plan to be behind one, so I wont have to look at its ugly rear end anyway.

BTW I think the round light swap looks great, Id do it if I planned to buy a C7, which I dont.

Get notified of new replies

To New Rear Body Kit w/ ROUND TAILS for C7!

Old 02-01-2013, 01:47 AM
Danyc6flame
5th Gear

I think they should have came out with the tail light design first on the corvette and then let the camaro follow , in stead of other way around , it does look similar but camaros are also nice cars , I never heard anyone say the rear of a camaros are ugly , it does kinda suck for a corvette to copy looks from a camaro but how long can u expect to keep the big round tail lights they are pretty much the same since 1983 , I say it's time for a change , at least they kept the double tail light design , what would you guys do if they didn't even do the double tail lights , I think that's something to cry about ,also keep in mind that corvette is competing with lots of high end cars that are constantly changing there body styles to futuristic designs , corvette is not guna get left behind , I think when you see the c7 flying next to you on the highway you might have a change of mind
Old 02-01-2013, 02:07 AM
arkus
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thank you sir
Old 02-01-2013, 02:38 AM
1analguy
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by GTJim
Most of the cars will be purchased with the Z51 package and even if not it still looks like crap. The round lights just don't fit with the new edgy modern design.
Wow...thanks for straightening us out. And to think that we almost got suckered into believing our own eyes...

Originally Posted by Danyc6flame
...the big round tail lights they are pretty much the same since 1983...
The late C4s had square lights, and the C5s had oval lights.

Quick Reply: New Rear Body Kit w/ ROUND TAILS for C7!