C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rear Body Kit w/ ROUND TAILS for C7!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

I can't believe I am going to say this because I ALWAYS hate these type of conversions but........This looks better, overall, than the factory rear. Cleaner, less of a mess, and removes some of those angles from the rear. Overall, it is more easy and pleasing to my eyes. The car also looks more expensive this way and less gimmicky. The hint of Camaro I saw in the rear is now completly gone with this kt.

Still though, I could never put a kit on a brand new $50k+ car. Instead, I would just buy a C6 Z/ZR1.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
I can't believe I am going to say this because I ALWAYS hate these type of conversions but........This looks better, overall, than the factory rear. Cleaner, less of a mess, and removes some of those angles from the rear. Overall, it is more easy and pleasing to my eyes. The car also looks more expensive this way and less gimmicky. The hint of Camaro I saw in the rear is now completly gone with this kt.

Still though, I could never put a kit on a brand new $50k+ car. Instead, I would just buy a C6 Z/ZR1.
Face it, you just want a C6. There are always people who don't like certain generations...it happens.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Face it, you just want a C6. There are always people who don't like certain generations...it happens.
I am getting closer and closer to that realization everyday Ox. I am sticking around this C7 section with the hope that I will see/read something that will push me toward the C7. I want to like the C7 because I know the interior is much improved as will be its performance, handling, and steering. I just can't get past all the angles on the rear (notice I did not say tail lights) and the exterior overall, which is not bad or ugly by any means, but there are just too many parts of it that I just don't care for.

Last edited by Paulchristian; 01-31-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:49 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ Paul, Don't buy a C7 just b/c the interior is supposedly better! I don't know what trim level you are looking at but the interior in my 427 is very nice, is it world class NO but neither will be the C7. So for maybe some better tech and better materials don't pass up the look of the car you like! I've read alot of your posts and you like myself are not enamored by the C7. I am curious to see if the vert has a better appeal but I don't like the coupe for the same reasons as you.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
@ Paul, Don't buy a C7 just b/c the interior is supposedly better! I don't know what trim level you are looking at but the interior in my 427 is very nice, is it world class NO but neither will be the C7. So for maybe some better tech and better materials don't pass up the look of the car you like! I've read alot of your posts and you like myself are not enamored by the C7. I am curious to see if the vert has a better appeal but I don't like the coupe for the same reasons as you.
Dan, I understand where you are coming from. It is not all about the interior for me though, I also suspect the C7 will perform and handle much better, which is important to me too. Regardless, the C6 is more than capable and at the end of the day, I cannot buy a car if I am not pleased with all aspects of its exterior design. That is most important to me.

As for the C7 convertible, it won't be for me. One element of the design that I really like on the C7 is the roof line. I think the C6 427 Convertible is much more appealing than what we have seen (so far) from the C7 convertible renderings.

Regardless, since the introduction of the widebody C6s, I have prefered the fixed roof coupes over the convertibles. I much prefered convertibles at one point durng the C5 generation and early (pre-wide body C6s). In fact, of the two vettes I have owned, a 1969 and 1975, both where convertibles. I still prefer C2s, C3s, C4s, and C5s in convertible.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:28 AM
Davy_Baby9
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Compared to the C6, the C7 interior IS world class.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:30 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by blueox
what the hell? No popup head lights in that kit?!
lol!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

@ Paul, Another item I keep hearing is how the C7 will perform and handle better, that to me needs to be proven also! Even at the entry level the car as far as we know will not be much more powerful and as for the handling I again would have to see it proven it's THAT much better! Okay so you're a coupe guy, what trim in a C6 would you buy? I'm guessing a GS which with the great deals going now is the way to go IMO! You really won't be forfieting that much and you like the looks better.

@ Dave, I'm not real familiar with the base interior but my 427 is very nice! The tech may be a little out dated but the overall interior quality especially with the alcantara is sweet!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

I also agree that the GS and Z06 interiors are better than most would like to admit. There has been improvement in the finish, at least in the ones that I've sat in.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:48 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sfc rick
I also agree that the GS and Z06 interiors are better than most would like to admit. There has been improvement in the finish, at least in the ones that I've sat in.
with a cobalt, malibu steering wheel?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

I think this interior stuff is overrated. I have dated sexy women that had very bland interiors and I still enjoyed them . I have my priorities
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 AM
*Trip*
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

the polarity on this issue is rather comical......Im sure the C7 is going to be fantastic.....and I have seen many proud posters saying that this design is exactly what they wanted.......but for me it wasnt "love at first sight" for the tail (not because of the non-round lights, but it is rather busy and its time to hang up the 4 pipes in the middle thing)and they had so many design options that I am still surprised they didnt do something completely fresh that Chevy has never done before, it just feels rather predictable, ordinary American-ish plasticky; but its not the tragedy that some claim either...........and as much as I dislike blacked taillights normally, I have a feeling this may look good on the C7......
Old 01-31-2013, 10:35 AM
Kratos-TM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 458it
1. If u like it- ure a tasteless idiot.
2. repost
Then I don't mind being tasteless.....
Old 01-31-2013, 10:39 AM
Kratos-TM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Paulchristian

I'm trying my BEST to like the new rear. I'm trying to MAKE myself like it. I'm sure in the end I'll like it, but I have to admit I've started hanging around the ZR1 forum the past few days...
Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 AM
ConfusedGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree with those trying to love the car, and that do love the car sans the derrier. It just doesn't work. It's like starting a sentence in french and finishing it in spanish. The car is sexy and sleek, and then optimus prime designed the rear end, game over. Its just so bad, I have yet to hear ANYONE say, boy that rear end is sexy. 99% of the car is perfect, taillights were a perfect evolution. But with that tear drop vent situation and the boxy diffuser that doesn't fit the lines of the car, most just aren't digging it. That Turbo S has a nice butt, AWD kraut for me next!

It we aren't the norm, I'd love to clinic this car unbranded and see what the common person thinks of it, and gauge their input on if the rear end was well executed.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:44 AM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by george vee
Awesome Camaro tail lights!!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

@ Paul, Another item I keep hearing is how the C7 will perform and handle better, that to me needs to be proven also! Even at the entry level the car as far as we know will not be much more powerful and as for the handling I again would have to see it proven it's THAT much better! Okay so you're a coupe guy, what trim in a C6 would you buy? I'm guessing a GS which with the great deals going now is the way to go IMO! You really won't be forfieting that much and you like the looks better.
Dan, I would be shocked if the C7 did not handle very close to C6Z capabilities. The C7Z will improve things even further. This, I am sure of, based on what I have read.

As for which C6 I will buy, that is still up in the air. I need to see the C7in person first. The C6Z/ZR1, in stock form, looks pretty bland in photo but looks amazing in person. Same may be true for the C7. I doubt it will fix what I am not liking though...

Get notified of new replies

To New Rear Body Kit w/ ROUND TAILS for C7!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:56 AM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Looks better the way they designed it IMO
Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM
John_R
Racer

I must be in that .01% who actually loves the car as it is.

This forum has too much drama queens, hate the rear lights, too much weight, not enough horsepower, no DCT, no this no that etc etc etc

Makes me wonder of the divorce rate of Corvette owners. Its like telling your girlfriend/wife you've changed. I loved the way you were 8 years ago, you were younger, slimmer, had firm breasts, and sexy hot dear.

8 Years later look at you, you're older, chubby, sagging breasts, ugly and a total turn off dear.

Husband: I'll take you to a plastic surgeon same way i take my corvette to an aftermarket rear end designer. The surgeon will mold you back to the way you were 8 years ago dear.
A face lift to make you look younger, liposuction, to make you slim again, breast implants to bring that firmness back, and you'll be sexier to sleep with.

The wife will respond: Sorry I don't sleep with bald,chubby old men, but thanks for paying the plastic surgeon dear, I always wanted to be a Cougar and find myself a younger hot guy.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:45 AM
ConfusedGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John_R
I must be in that .01% who actually loves the car as it is.

This forum has too much drama queens, hate the rear lights, too much weight, not enough horsepower, no DCT, no this no that etc etc etc

Makes me wonder of the divorce rate of Corvette owners. Its like telling your girlfriend/wife you've changed. I loved the way you were 8 years ago, you were younger, slimmer, had firm breasts, and sexy hot dear.

8 Years later look at you, you're older, chubby, sagging breasts, ugly and a total turn off dear.

Husband: I'll take you to a plastic surgeon same way i take my corvette to an aftermarket rear end designer. The surgeon will mold you back to the way you were 8 years ago dear.
A face lift to make you look younger, liposuction, to make you slim again, breast implants to bring that firmness back, and you'll be sexier to sleep with.

The wife will respond: Sorry I don't sleep with bald,chubby old men, but thanks for paying the plastic surgeon dear, I always wanted to be a Cougar and find myself a younger hot guy.
I don't know anyone who hates the lights or said that. Now the tear drop vents and diffuser are a different story.

Oh, fyi, I've been with the same girl, my wife, for 15 yrs now, and never changed anything aesthetically on any of my past vettes (or my woman), and I won't on my Turbo S next either.

Quick Reply: New Rear Body Kit w/ ROUND TAILS for C7!